IGNORED

Lee Johnson Clean Slate?

Berkshire Red

On 19/06/2020 at 13:18, Ska Junkie said:

I'm thinking back to the start of lockdown re Kalas Dave. Didn't LJ say he hadn't been properly fit all season and had played with niggles? All being well, this downtime would mean all the 'niggles' are over.

Credit to TK for playing with those problems BTW. We all know a fit TK is some defender.

I don’t know if Kalas is really that interested, living the high life with plenty enthusiasm but on the pitch he does not seem too motivated, certainly only a shadow of the player that partnered Webster!

Unfortunately we are not getting to see the best of any of them any more. So what is the problem? Training, coaching, tactics, confidence, indifference or personality issues - I know who should have the answer but it certainly ain’t a smartie!

23 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

I can see why LJ uses drones and a big screen to review tactics. I'm sure they help with his only tactic of smash it long to Fammy. When he goes off the second tactic employed is smash it long to no-one!! I just don't ever see any other patterns to our play!!

Starting to suspect the drone is used as a target for the range of clearance options he wants the team to utilise

On 20/06/2020 at 17:27, SuperRed said:

Same old story with Johnson full of shite in all the media pumped out in the build up and then no evidence in the game of any structure, plan, patterns of play etc. The wages on the bench today don’t bear thinking about and then you have Nagy, Henriksen and Weimann not even in the squad of 20. Lansdown please stop wasting your money on Johnson. 

10 /10 mate its agony to watch.

7 hours ago, dave36 said:

I don’t know if Kalas is really that interested, living the high life with plenty enthusiasm but on the pitch he does not seem too motivated, certainly only a shadow of the player that partnered Webster!

Unfortunately we are not getting to see the best of any of them any more. So what is the problem? Training, coaching, tactics, confidence, indifference or personality issues - I know who should have the answer but it certainly ain’t a smartie!

Thought he was looking back to his best v Fulham....definitely seems to be a player who takes 2/3 games to get going.

On 20/06/2020 at 17:17, Rich said:

Best before date! I'd have never bought the product in the first place

A team mirrors it's manager in the end.  We have little pace, little strength, little guile, little aggression, little appetite for a battle, little players. The number of times we get outdone by teams that are strong physically is obvious that we lack a physical presence. 

Here we go again. Our 1-0, going on 4 or 5 at Leeds...think that was technical shortcomings- and the 4-0 albeit with a red card, nope that was all technically outdone again! 

To be clear I'm not particularly pro LJ but we average <50% possession- this is a tired cliche in some ways.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Here we go again. Our 1-0, going on 4 or 5 at Leeds...think that was technical shortcomings- and the 4-0 albeit with a red card, nope that was all technically outdone again! 

To be clear I'm not particularly pro LJ but we average <50% possession- this is a tired cliche in some ways.

I don't recall making any references to a match against Leeds and our technical shortcomings, please explain. If I have ever referred to technical ability, it refers to our naivety when coming up against teams that win fouls, penalties and bookings against our players, due to their cleverness.

We all have opinions, you must have the opinion opposite to mine, which I respect. This must mean that you think we have pace, aggression, strength, appetite for a battle, big players, lots of guile, and, we nearly always beat teams due to our superior physicality.

I would have to question whether we achieve anywhere near 50% possession, if we do, it's across the back four and keeper and is mostly ineffective. Other stats prove that to be the case, being one of the teams that creates the fewest chances in the whole division. 

Archived