IGNORED

Weekend Championship Games

wendyredredrobin

How might things look after the weekend?  If we beat Blackburn and Preston lose at Luton, we would find ourselves 6th.

On the other hand, if Blackburn were to win along with Millwall, Cardiff and Swansea, we would find ourselves down to 11th.  This game really is more than a 6 pointer for both sides.

Swansea play at Boro and Millwall host Derby.  Both very winable games, whilst Cardiff have a much tougher task hosting Leeds on Sunday.  Blackburn would leapfrog us too.

Hopeful for us though as we have a fully fit squad, except perhaps Andi Weimann and they are still missing the influential Bradley Dack.  With 5 substitutes also being available, the depth of our squad may be telling having an incredibly strong bench.

The only thing left will be to predict the team, lineup and formation and I have to admit, I really have no idea how Lee is going to approach this.

Really looking forward to the game on TV though and hope to be bouncing around the living room by 4.45.

They are missing Dack but they may have a useful replacement in Holtby. Feel he's a player who I'm surprised is at Blackburn but in Dack's absence he's a key creative presence for them.

Us having a fully fit squad is good- very big game indeed, Millwall-Derby both have chance of playoffs too, perhaps trey will take points off each other- draw there would feel ideal while of course we get the win.

I think as well as our squad being all but fit, didn't realise fully the issues Blackburn have at LB. Cunningham joined on loan- injured for season. Williams- Injured I believe. Bell- Quite possibly injured. If it ends up with Downing at LB, that is an area to target for sure

Would love to see Afobe starting, but due to the length of his layoff and lack of gametime, I would expect him to appear at around the 60 minute mark (along with Palmer, perhaps).  I would also like to see Maenpaa between the sticks, though it must be a 50/50 call between him and Bentley.

Kalas and Baker centre backs and Hunt and DaSilva on the flanks would be my first back four unless he goes with a 5, but that would only leave room for 3 in the middle which has to include Smith and Nagy. 

Who plays out wide and who plays up top remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Would love to see Afobe starting, but due to the length of his layoff and lack of gametime, I would expect him to appear at around the 60 minute mark (along with Palmer, perhaps).  I would also like to see Maenpaa between the sticks, though it must be a 50/50 call between him and Bentley.

Kalas and Baker centre backs and Hunt and DaSilva on the flanks would be my first back four unless he goes with a 5, but that would only leave room for 3 in the middle which has to include Smith and Nagy. 

Who plays out wide and who plays up top remains to be seen.

He is prob as ready to play as the rest of them. 

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I would also like to see Maenpaa between the sticks, though it must be a 50/50 call between him and Bentley.

I’d say it’ll 100% be Bents even though, like you, I’d pick Maenpaa. I think he inspires more confidence in the defence - Bentley has too many mistakes in him. 

On 19/06/2020 at 07:04, CyderInACan said:

I’d say it’ll 100% be Bents even though, like you, I’d pick Maenpaa. I think he inspires more confidence in the defence - Bentley has too many mistakes in him. 

Like having James back, got the name but not in the game!

LJ playing favourites again, just look at the starting 11 - perfectly reflecting the worst lineups from before the lockdown!

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You're not the only one!

I still can't believe how poor that was.

I know - all the positive noise leading up to the game too - if that was the result of all that preparation then we'd just may as well not bloody bother. 

On 18/06/2020 at 18:15, wendyredredrobin said:

How might things look after the weekend?  If we beat Blackburn and Preston lose at Luton, we would find ourselves 6th.

On the other hand, if Blackburn were to win along with Millwall, Cardiff and Swansea, we would find ourselves down to 11th.  This game really is more than a 6 pointer for both sides.

Swansea play at Boro and Millwall host Derby.  Both very winable games, whilst Cardiff have a much tougher task hosting Leeds on Sunday.  Blackburn would leapfrog us too.

Hopeful for us though as we have a fully fit squad, except perhaps Andi Weimann and they are still missing the influential Bradley Dack.  With 5 substitutes also being available, the depth of our squad may be telling having an incredibly strong bench.

The only thing left will be to predict the team, lineup and formation and I have to admit, I really have no idea how Lee is going to approach this.

Really looking forward to the game on TV though and hope to be bouncing around the living room by 4.45.

:laugh: i bet you wish you could rewrite this ??

Archived