IGNORED

Friday Test

JerrySLO

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I get this when I log in now. Does that mean mine is working ok?

418B543F-BEF3-4B3D-A267-2C6B8568A8A8.jpeg

It does.

You have selected option 7c, the Lisa Knights package. No refund, but a socially distant Lisa talking confidently about stuff, but at the same time, you can't help but feeling slightly unconvinced by a slightly insincere tone to her voice.

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I get this when I log in now. Does that mean mine is working ok?

418B543F-BEF3-4B3D-A267-2C6B8568A8A8.jpeg

Are they moving and talking, then yes...

If they are silent and still , probably, maybe, but maybe not, then again , could be, possibly.

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

I had all of the problems that have been identified.

The simple solution was to send an email to bristolcitytvsupport@streamamg.com

Tell them what the problem is and no doubt an email ping pong game will ensue, but it will get resolved.

Discussing how shit it is on here won't get it fixed.

You say that but my experience hasn't been wholly satisfactory with them.  Now sent about 6 e mails.  One response that just said my voucher had been redeemed which resolved nothing

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really hope it doesn't, but I've got a terrible feeling it's going to go wrong on matchday. I can't see how thousands of people logging on at once will lead to a seamless result.

Who would have thought that the day before we play Blackburn, people have Glastonbury ticket level anxiety.

13 hours ago, JerrySLO said:

We will be doing another test tomorrow (Friday).  We really encourage fans to redeem and log on before Saturday to walk through and allow us to rectify any user issues,  Please don't wait until Saturday if at all possible.

Not received a Voucher yet despite 2 emails to Support Services. Currently been hanging on the phone for and hour and still 23rd in queue. I'll get there eventually........

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really hope it doesn't, but I've got a terrible feeling it's going to go wrong on matchday. I can't see how thousands of people logging on at once will lead to a seamless result.

Testing, testing

1, 2, 3 testing, testing!

Is there anyone there?

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Seems that most people that had issues logging in can now do so. My fear is the sheer numbers of people that will be watching.

With - by their own admission - multiple devices able to watch using the same account (I’ve watched on 3 concurrently, think @Davefevs has managed 4) the number of people watching could easily be at least double the amount they’ve planned for. I wonder if they have the bandwidth to cope? I’m gonna make sure I log in at 2pm tmrw as I can foresee issues trying at 2:59pm (about the time Mert and I usually rock up!) 

Haha, I got 4, na na nana nah!  I’m going tv internet as my first option, with IPad ready connected to hdmi as my backup.  Ready to unplug and plug in Mac if need be.  If all else fails then iPhone mirror to tv.

All bases covered, unless it doesn’t work ???

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

I was about to give up, I use google on my iPad and was following all the instructions but could not get to the point of entering my code in app or browser - this morning I tried again  with no success until I tried using Safari! Straight in no problems at all! Straight through!

Although I’ve had no problems getting the stream, I do find I’m unable to click the login button on BCFC website page on chrome, but Robinstv page allows we to get logged in.  It’s a bit bizarre.

19 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Not received a Voucher yet despite 2 emails to Support Services. Currently been hanging on the phone for and hour and still 23rd in queue. I'll get there eventually........

Try tweeting Jerry.  He’s sending responses back.

My ‘pathway’...

uploaded most recent robins app.. hit the ‘live stream’ tab.... ‘login box’ ... login.....hit ‘live stream’ ...get ‘subscribe box’...hit ‘subscribe’ ... error message..... ‘Opps something went wrong’... ‘no authentication cookie’....rinse and repeat.

Haven’t even got to the remote possibility of looking at any moving pictures, with sound. Fully expecting someone playing the piano and viewing flickering black and white silent movie picture if I do eventually get there.

For those tech savvy ...what’s an ‘authentication cookie’ and why won’t they send me one? 

Yours sincerely

ipad (air 1)

ps also gone via Bristol Sport/Bristol City logins

39 minutes ago, RedRock said:

My ‘pathway’...

uploaded most recent robins app.. hit the ‘live stream’ tab.... ‘login box’ ... login.....hit ‘live stream’ ...get ‘subscribe box’...hit ‘subscribe’ ... error message..... ‘Opps something went wrong’... ‘no authentication cookie’....rinse and repeat.

Haven’t even got to the remote possibility of looking at any moving pictures, with sound. Fully expecting someone playing the piano and viewing flickering black and white silent movie picture if I do eventually get there.

For those tech savvy ...what’s an ‘authentication cookie’ and why won’t they send me one? 

Yours sincerely

ipad (air 1)

ps also gone via Bristol Sport/Bristol City logins

Check you have IPad app version: 1.2.8 build 2

0351B5A5-D35C-4528-BEB0-2465C598E736.thumb.png.6213a682d3fba1e165142cd847139556.png

have you input your free streaming code yet?

17 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Hi Davefeevs

I’m on ios 12.4.7 ..which is the latest software for my device.

Not a Season Ticket holder, just a Member. I want to pay my £10 somewhere, somehow!

Cheers.

Ok, I’m on 13.5.1, but I guess Air 1 is an older device.

What BCFC / Robinstv app do you have.  Is it the one with the round badge icon, or the robin graphic (see pic)

0C052868-8BE0-4D4C-8EE3-72A1C10D29FB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Ok, I’m on 13.5.1, but I guess Air 1 is an older device.

What BCFC / Robinstv app do you have.  Is it the one with the round badge icon, or the robin graphic (see pic)

0C052868-8BE0-4D4C-8EE3-72A1C10D29FB.jpeg

^ that’s the one.

I click on that .. are a few circular robins badges, the menu page loads, beneath ‘news’ in that menu go to ‘Robins TV’....then go on the merry-go-round described in my earlier post ....then lose the will to live!

4 minutes ago, RedRock said:

^ that’s the one.

I click on that .. are a few circular robins badges, the menu page loads, beneath ‘news’ in that menu go to ‘Robins TV’....then go on the merry-go-round described in my earlier post ....then lose the will to live!

I guess that iOS 12 is the highest device you can get?  I’m out of ideas....soz

4 hours ago, The Bard said:

You say that but my experience hasn't been wholly satisfactory with them.  Now sent about 6 e mails.  One response that just said my voucher had been redeemed which resolved nothing

All I can tell you is, mine was sorted in two emails (+ the one that tells you that they've received the first email).

The first email told me to use this link to redeem my voucher: https://bristolcitypayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1/?lang=en

I responded with: {"status":"error","message":"Multiple accounts exist for user with....}
[Incidentally I had db errors, nothing happening and all sorts of other problems before this]

They responded with: I made some changes in the system. Can you logout and try again?

That fixed my problem and I can use my Mac and an Android tablet.

BTW, the language I used in my email was something along the lines of (I"m not going to use the exact language as they'll be able to track me):

I know you're busy but Saturday is just around the corner.

Are you going to sort this out pronto or should I start wingeing and asking for compo?

6 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Point I was making is Jerry is being abused from all angles, email, phone, twitter and here. Yet he continues to work tirelessly to ensure everyone gets what they want.

the man is due some respect and a break from the abuse. No doubt when people do get acces, they’ll complain about the stream if it buffers due to their own crap internet. Any excuse to complain.

it’s the sheer sense of entitlement that gets me, when 99% of the time the issue isn’t the club, the software, or Jerry, it’s the stupid old fart on the other end of the computer being too thick to click the right buttons even though it’s been spelled out numerous times 

1 hour ago, Greedo said:

it’s the sheer sense of entitlement that gets me, when 99% of the time the issue isn’t the club, the software, or Jerry, it’s the stupid old fart on the other end of the computer being too thick to click the right buttons even though it’s been spelled out numerous times 

Used to be described as PICNIC  (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)

1 hour ago, sinenomine said:

I feel personally attacked. 

? ditto

If only someone could design a system that went... Robins TV... select match... pay.... view.

When you think the ‘old fossils’ managed to land a manned spacecraft on the Moon 50 years ago, you would have thought a few generations later we might have made greater progress with software development by IT nerds.

Been trying to sort for two days 

I have two cards, two different accounts and e mail addresses, both codes have been allocated to the same account, henc3 only one card / account can stream

the response to this is you only have to register the code once, 

this is not resolving The problem, 

im not overly hopeful of this being resolved by kick off tomorrow, 

1 hour ago, WarksRed said:

Been trying to sort for two days 

I have two cards, two different accounts and e mail addresses, both codes have been allocated to the same account, henc3 only one card / account can stream

the response to this is you only have to register the code once, 

this is not resolving The problem, 

im not overly hopeful of this being resolved by kick off tomorrow, 

So you registered both codes to the same account? Why?

Archived