IGNORED

Crowd noise: on or off?

ChippenhamRed

Crowd noise: on or off?  

230 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

On for me. Danny Ings just scored for Saints and there was a nice roar!

Spotted that! It was slightly delayed, but I thought that was quite appropriate for an away goal where the away fans are at the other end!

(Although I’m not sure where the away fans would actually have been)

Off for me. Gave the noise option a go for about an hour during Man City v Arsenal. At first it was okay, bit of a novelty. Eventually gave up on it as weak strains of Blue Moon started to irritate.

They hardly sing much there at the best of times so it just seemed more weird than not having the noise. 

The lack of noise is our new reality and you can occasionally pick out what players and coaches are saying. Besides I haven't played FIFA for about 15 years so that might have something to do with it. 

On. Missus put her kindle down, switched over to the no crowd noise channel, said she don’t like that, turned it back to crowd noise on channel and went back to her kindle and hasn’t looked up since !! Freak !!!

13 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Don't understand why people would want crowd noise from a completely different game! I find it bizarre. Enjoy it for the game, not the sound. 

The sound is a PART of the game; it’s part of the experience. If sound didn’t matter to people we wouldn’t spend so much time on here discussing the atmosphere at Ashton Gate, what we can do to improve it, and moaning about it when it’s crap.

Even if it is faked, for some of us (over half on the poll so far), a fake atmosphere is better than no atmosphere at all. It’s all part of the appeal of football.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The sound is a PART of the game; it’s part of the experience. If sound didn’t matter to people we wouldn’t spend so much time on here discussing the atmosphere at Ashton Gate, what we can do to improve it, and moaning about it when it’s crap.

Even if it is faked, for some of us (over half on the poll so far), a fake atmosphere is better than no atmosphere at all. It’s all part of the appeal of football.

A atmosphere is important while you are at the game,watching on tv makes no bleeding difference,if you need some rubbish crowd noise to watch a game then that is weird 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

A atmosphere is important while you are at the game,watching on tv makes no bleeding difference,if you need some rubbish crowd noise to watch a game then that is weird 

Of course it makes a difference. Hence the debate. Shame you always have to be so condescending towards people who don’t share your opinion.

I actually found the crowd noise quite misleading. Almost like it was relatively normal circumstances. 

It's only when you watch it without the crowd noise, can you imagine how odd and difficult it must be for the players to raise their game, or try something special. 

Yes, I know they are well paid Pro's etc, and I fully expect 100‰ from them and to apply themselves - but you can't tell me that it's not a very different proposition for them, to truly perform with nobody there, no roar of the crowd, no cheer as the ball hits the net etc. 

It simply HAS to have some effect on what they produce. 

Granted, maybe it removes some pressure and makes it easier... Who knows, but 8ts certainly very, very different..! 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It is,can you not enjoy a game of football without a crowd,that is totally different then being condescending 

You make it such hard work. It’s about whether you can enjoy it MORE with the sound, not whether you can enjoy it at all. Given the majority have so far voted noise-on, I guess that means most of us are “weird”.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You make it such hard work. It’s about whether you can enjoy it MORE with the sound, not whether you can enjoy it at all. Given the majority have so far voted noise-on, I guess that means most of us are “weird”.

You got the hump because I called people who liked it weird,Jesus mate you need to calm down and relax if that gets you this angry  and as for votes the majority are not always right by all accounts 

I think crowd noise is only important when it’s in direct response to what’s happening on the pitch. Giving certain players dogs abuse, the referees a wan ker, lifting a team when conceding etc. A generic hubbub is just too false for my liking. 

Archived