IGNORED

Roy Keane

joe jordans teeth

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Ouch! Thanks JJ Teeth. Not the first time De Gea has made such a 'powder puff' effort to stop a shot like that though .. Is it a Euro-keeper thing? Shilton wouldn't have any of it!

2 minutes ago, LocoPal said:

Ouch! Thanks JJ Teeth. Not the first time De Gea has made such a 'powder puff' effort to stop a shot like that though .. Is it a Euro-keeper thing? Shilton wouldn't have any of it!

Should get Henderson back from Sheff U.

5 minutes ago, LocoPal said:

Being kind I think we can describe De Gea as 'erratic' - brilliant one minute crap the next

11 minutes ago, bris red said:

He’s right though.. Maguire really is poor. We won’t win anything at international level with that clueless oath at centre half.

Yeh, but with Maguire in the centre of our national team’s defence we went further in the World Cup than we have done for 28 years ... as an England centre half Maguire has gone further in the World Cup than Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Gareth Southgate, Martin Keown, John Terry, Ledley King, Jamie Carragher, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones etc ... would a clueless oath outstrip that company? 

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, but with Maguire in the centre of our national team’s defence we went further in the World Cup than we have done for 28 years ... as an England centre half Maguire has gone further in the World Cup than Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Gareth Southgate, Martin Keown, John Terry, Ledley King, Jamie Carragher, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones etc ... would a clueless oath outstrip that company? 

Going further doesn’t mean a jot in a cup competition if you don’t win it which was his point 

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As good an achievement as it was, I dont think beating Tunisia, Panama and Sweden can define a players ability.

I think Keano is great (and I hated Utd during his era!). Passion, heart, fury. That's the type of person that every team can benefit from.

People mock him, but there wasn't a single word that he said that Fergie wouldn't have agreed with. The defending was shocking. 

I'd have loved playing with someone like him.

55 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think Keano is great (and I hated Utd during his era!). Passion, heart, fury. That's the type of person that every team can benefit from.

People mock him, but there wasn't a single word that he said that Fergie wouldn't have agreed with. The defending was shocking. 

I'd have loved playing with someone like him.

I was cheering him on at half time.

I reckon it was lockdown rage purely expressed 

7 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I wonder how long it will be until Sky Sports get rid of him, they are among the most PC TV channels around.

I love him, sort of character Football lacks these days. Proper passionate

I think your right - I can't see him or Souness lasting much longer as pundits which is a real shame.

Football and society in general are full of sensitive souls who will class both as "bullies",  "dinosaurs" etc and Sky will inevitably move on to appease the do-gooders.

Keane was absolutly spot on in his assesment of Shaw, De Gea and Maquire - £80 million wasted on a supposed leader, organiser, ball playing defender - absolute dog shite.

We as fans demand the basics from professional players - commitment, fitness, determination, a basic level of intelligence, positive body language, passion, anticipation etc.

Keane also demands the same and will tell it straight if a player falls short - always entertaining to watch because he gets so animated.

There is undoubtedly a ruthless streak in him, but he is a funny guy and a real character - I would much rather watch him (and Souness) than Jamie Redknapp or Gary Neville.

Archived