IGNORED

Roy Keane

joe jordans teeth

Loathe TV punditry. Lowest common denominator "analysis".

12 minutes ago, City37 said:

I think your right - I can't see him or Souness lasting much longer as pundits which is a real shame.

Football and society in general are full of sensitive souls who will class both as "bullies",  "dinosaurs" etc and Sky will inevitably move on to appease the do-gooders.

Keane was absolutly spot on in his assesment of Shaw, De Gea and Maquire - £80 million wasted on a supposed leader, organiser, ball playing defender - absolute dog shite.

We as fans demand the basics from professional players - commitment, fitness, determination, a basic level of intelligence, positive body language, passion, anticipation etc.

Keane also demands the same and will tell it straight if a player falls short - always entertaining to watch because he gets so animated.

There is undoubtedly a ruthless streak in him, but he is a funny guy and a real character - I would much rather watch him (and Souness) than Jamie Redknapp or Gary Neville.

Sky won't move on. He's there because he's full of hyperbole, bluster and sensationalism. We're talking about the coverage right now which is exactly what Sky want. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

The bloke is a clown. Never says anything interesting. Just says how terrible everyone is. Of course players are not going to be the usual standards they should be when they've only just started to kick a ball, or save a ball without any proper preseason. 

Did you not watch the clip?  If that’s not interesting then what is from a pundit point of view?  Understand disagreeing with him but not sure anyone can say Keane isn’t interesting

34 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Did you not watch the clip?  If that’s not interesting then what is from a pundit point of view?  Understand disagreeing with him but not sure anyone can say Keane isn’t interesting

Agree,  Sky will be loving it. They probably booked him for every remaining Man U game as soon as they went off air.

9 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's properly lost it.

As an aside - do we know if the Championship is doing these drinks breaks in the middle of halves?

Thatchers Gold, Blackthorn or some Natch have been selected :mf_sleep:

26 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I didn’t think it was that bad. I thought his comment about his hair was a bit harsh...:phone:

:facepalm:

Is that his 'new' hair you mean. When he leant forward you could clearly see where his new front piece had been stitched on.

Great rant and totally on the money.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Yes I watched it. Can you tell me what part of it is interesting?

Keane is up there with the worst pundits imo. Moans even more than Lawrenson and Souness. 

Why can't he analyse what they did wrong instead of repeating their names over and over.

I think I can say what went wrong there but Keane seems incapable.

He thinks Shaw is heading it up in the air for himself to run onto when he is clearly heading it to Rashford.

I can't see what Shaw did wrong there. Rashford more at fault imo. Poor reading of the game not seeing Shaw could not have possibly have headed it any further than he did.

Maguire should have tried to show Spurs player on the outside.

And De Gea seemed to try and fist save it so didn't get a clean contact.

Shaw totally mis timed the header (got underneath it) followed up that mistake by moving forward thus leaving a huge hole behind him. Basic error.

Maguire was caught out of position and was wrong footed so was unable to show him outside. He was sorting his feet out when the Spurs player bombed past him.

De Gea......Jeez

9 hours ago, mozo said:

I think Keano is great (and I hated Utd during his era!). Passion, heart, fury. That's the type of person that every team can benefit from.

People mock him, but there wasn't a single word that he said that Fergie wouldn't have agreed with. The defending was shocking. 

I'd have loved playing with someone like him.

Yup, I guess he has had months of rage building up and he let rip. I love a good rant.

I found myself wishing I could switch to an Roy Keane commentary option instead of crowd noise ?

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Keane is up there with the worst pundits imo. Moans even more than Lawrenson and Souness. 

Why can't he analyse what they did wrong instead of repeating their names over and over.

He thinks Shaw is heading it up in the air for himself to run onto when he is clearly heading it to Rashford.

I can't see what Shaw did wrong there. Rashford more at fault imo. Poor reading of the game not seeing Shaw could not have possibly have headed it any further than he did.

His moan was interesting

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

His anger was interesting 

11 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Is that his 'new' hair you mean. When he leant forward you could clearly see where his new front piece had been stitched on.

Great rant and totally on the money.

No, I misheard when he was talking about the goalkeeper. 

10 hours ago, bris red said:

He’s right though.. Maguire really is poor. We won’t win anything at international level with that clueless oath at centre half.

It's extraordinary that considering that there are some outstandingly talented cental defenders in the world.....that they splashed  £80 Mill on htis plodder?   As a fan of Arsenal........I just wish they had signed Luiz instead Ha!!

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I like people showing passion, getting angry, not thinking about what they are saying, I find in-depth football analysis boring

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Then they might as well get a passionate United fan on there. Keane just sounds like some annoying fan sitting near you in the ground who moans about everything unless his team are winning.

He's got an easy job to be fair. Don't worry about saying anything intelligent Roy, just look angry and moan.

They already have, it’s Roy Keane who won everything with Utd, he’s entertaining and interesting 

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

The bloke is a clown. Never says anything interesting. Just says how terrible everyone is. Of course players are not going to be the usual standards they should be when they've only just started to kick a ball, or save a ball without any proper preseason. 

Hi fella. One point to make re usual standards, DeGea's lapses have become business as usual. So has United's susceptibility to the counter attack.

11 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Keanes eyes!! He genuinely looked like he wanted to kill someone!! 

So he was his usual day to day person. Has he ever not wanted to kill someone? 

9 hours ago, mozo said:

I think Keano is great (and I hated Utd during his era!). Passion, heart, fury. That's the type of person that every team can benefit from.

People mock him, but there wasn't a single word that he said that Fergie wouldn't have agreed with. The defending was shocking. 

I'd have loved playing with someone like him.

Would love to have his character in the City dressing room, as would most fans - expect a lot of the 'hate' for him is because he is just a born winner (and I hate Man U)! The trouble is nowadays we have pampered players who just couldn't handle his type of criticism, and he would be an easy target for the 'bullying' card.

Just think he is passionate about football and Man Utd. He did a Q and A session at my sons university earlier this year and you couldn’t meet a nicer person my son said.

Was happy to answer all questions and told some good tales about his time in Football, just think he gets worked up seeing people making mistakes errors. It can’t help if you played under Fergie and there were certain standards you had to comply to to get in the team.

10 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Would love to have his character in the City dressing room, as would most fans - expect a lot of the 'hate' for him is because he is just a born winner (and I hate Man U)! The trouble is nowadays we have pampered players who just couldn't handle his type of criticism, and he would be an easy target for the 'bullying' card.

I think you're right about Keane being seen as a bully and probably the reason nobody wants him as a manager nowadays 

13 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Just think he is passionate about football and Man Utd. He did a Q and A session at my sons university earlier this year and you couldn’t meet a nicer person my son said.

Was happy to answer all questions and told some good tales about his time in Football, just think he gets worked up seeing people making mistakes errors. It can’t help if you played under Fergie and there were certain standards you had to comply to to get in the team.

Especially basic schoolboy errors. As a player I would rather get torn a new one and it then stays in your mind and you learn from it, but that cannot happen now without a media & social media witch hunt imo.

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Going further doesn’t mean a jot in a cup competition if you don’t win it which was his point 

Italia 90 meant loads to me - what a team we had, and what a great manager. Getting to the semis there was superb - I certainly didn’t think it ‘doesn’t mean a jot’ just because we didn’t win the competition 

37 minutes ago, City18 said:

Rate that joe Gomez at Liverpool

I rate him too but he is playing alongside the best defender in the world right now. Any mistake he's made Van Dijk is there to clean up. Will be interesting to see how he plays alongside a player with less ability.

7 hours ago, City37 said:

I think your right - I can't see him or Souness lasting much longer as pundits which is a real shame.

Football and society in general are full of sensitive souls who will class both as "bullies",  "dinosaurs" etc and Sky will inevitably move on to appease the do-gooders.

Keane was absolutly spot on in his assesment of Shaw, De Gea and Maquire - £80 million wasted on a supposed leader, organiser, ball playing defender - absolute dog shite.

We as fans demand the basics from professional players - commitment, fitness, determination, a basic level of intelligence, positive body language, passion, anticipation etc.

Keane also demands the same and will tell it straight if a player falls short - always entertaining to watch because he gets so animated.

There is undoubtedly a ruthless streak in him, but he is a funny guy and a real character - I would much rather watch him (and Souness) than Jamie Redknapp or Gary Neville.

Don't get me started on how badly Souness is treated on social media by these sensitive snowflakes. I think he has been subject to a kind of bullying also for rightly stating how much Pogba has taken the p*** out of Manchester United for 4 years.

59 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Don't get me started on how badly Souness is treated on social media by these sensitive snowflakes. I think he has been subject to a kind of bullying also for rightly stating how much Pogba has taken the p*** out of Manchester United for 4 years.

Yep - agree.

Archived