IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day 38

Septic Peg

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

So nothing changed. Play one forward up front. Try and keep it 0-0. Subs on try and sneak a goal. Know prove me wrong.

No i was not wrong. As many had said the way he set the team up nothing had changed. I have been looking forward to today, very disappointed.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

The coaching staff have had ample time to establish a pattern of play and a spine of a first team, why aren’t we seeing it ?

I know you need to be smart to outfox your opponents at this level but we have some top players and not one is playing anywhere near his capacity.

OK , first day back but it was for Blackburn as well, they looked like they had a plan .

I am really disappointed.

Just like the first day of the season, a 3-1 defeat

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

LJ - all the clubs in the bag. No idea how to use them. 

Using the golf analogy, we need birdies just now and are approaching a long par 4. . Most players would take driver, aiming  to set themselves up for a wedge for the second shot in the hope of getting close to the flag and leaving just  a short putt.

LJ, on the other hand, pulls out a 9 iron, because his main priority is hitting the fairway in case the other player goes out of bounds, then he hopes to carry a 3 wood 280 yards just to reach the green and even if successful  will probably leave a massive putt. 

The team selection was typical LJ, looking like he set us up to make sure first that we didn't lose, and I am certain that this negative mind set conveys to the players - how often do we start games slowly conceding the initiative to the opposition. When, as today, we surprise ourselves by going ahead we never seem able to consolidate a lead and are invariably hanging on for most of the game thereafter.

After the enforced break it was going to be uncertain how teams would react on their return.  I would have thought the best approach would be to be positive and get on the front foot from the off and put the opposition under pressure, but that just doesn't seem to be the LJ way.

25 minutes ago, Kibs said:

How about, just for once, he picks a ****** team from the start that can take the game to the opposition?

Blackburn must have been over the moon when they saw the players warming our bench, which says it all really.

Lj sets us up to try and nick games , no way of playing, defensive we are all over the place 

1 minute ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

Must start by picking our best goalkeeper, a dependable one gives the whole team confidence, Brentford fans were glad to see the back of Bentley for good reason.

We signed Brentford’s first choice keeper, they then signed Blackburn’s first choice keeper as a replacement.

Now they’re both above us. 

11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Other teams shortcomings only make our season that much more disappointing.

We shouldn't be worried about the results of bloody Preston, Blackburn, Swansea etc

Tbh Blackburn being up and around the top 6 doesn't surprise me. Looked at their squad back in August and yeah not too surprised. Tipped them for a good top 6 push.

See what you're saying but unsure.

9 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

I don't think it is at all, and I don't think it's a drop in form particularly either, we play a system that makes it very very easy to exploit our weaknesses, that for different reasons lie at full back, both of our 1st choice full backs are susceptible to diagonal balls over the top. Hunt is poor positionally and is rarely in the right place, and JD is tiny. 

There is nothing wrong with this per se, but you have to therefore restrict the opportunities to get the time to play those crossfield balls. We don't we not only play 2 in the middle, we also stand off the opposition midfield and players at this level are more than capable of exploiting the space in behind our full backs adn can get crosses in, this means that Kalas and Baker are always under pressure and thus mistakes are more likely. 

We don't have Webby anymore who can bring the ball out of defence so we rely on a midfielder to drop deep to do that, again playing a 2 this means that we actually in possession often have only 1 in CM, making us more susceptible to losing possession in transition and being hit on the break. 

I would argue that almost all of our issues are not personnel related and directly relate to the system we play and the way we are set up by Johnson. 

I like possession football but playing out from the back with Baker is a total car crash , the guy is not a playmaker . 

4 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

Did our players forget it was a league game and knocked it around in last 15 like it was a practise match .Bloody joke 

Also why is Bentley in  ? get Niki in the goal ,good shot stopper and hardly ever makes a mistake 

But I thought Lee said every game now is a cup final? 

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The coaching staff have had ample time to establish a pattern of play and a spine of a first team, why aren’t we seeing it ?

I know you need to be smart to outfox your opponents at this level but we have some top players and not one is playing anywhere near his capacity.

OK , first day back but it was for Blackburn as well, they looked like they had a plan .

I am really disappointed.

I think that goes for all of us, thank god Preston threw away 2 points trouble is we now have a lot more teams breathing down our neck.

12 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I expect that they want to hang on to their jobs

So are you insinuating this is becoming a dictatorship football club where fans and commentators cannot state the honest truth that we were poor?

Compared to Fulham v Brentford you wouldn’t think us and Blackburn were in the same league as them.

Poor performance, and the only quality was Blackburn’s 3rd goal.

We aren’t going to get relegated, and we aren’t on this showing better than a mid table team with that starting line up, so why not go for it in the first Of nine cup finals? We couldn’t have fared worse if Afobe, Palmer, Wells and DaSilva had started.

This really is a golden opportunity with our squad to push for the top six.

Missed Weimann badly today, missed his urgency. Not replaced Pack or Brownhill sadly and it shows. At the back Kalas and Baker probably got off lightly. Only consolation is it could have been a heavier defeat and we are still only 2 points off play-offs.

The starting line-up was too defensive and as results show without home crowds there should be a mentality change. Blackburn the only home win in the division says it all.

Archived