IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day 38

Septic Peg

Blackburn have a good record at home. Think they have only lost 1 at home all season. We weren't going to win every game. Bentley made mistakes , move on to the next one. It's important to stay close but today certainly wasn't a must win. When we went 1 up I thought we should of camped. Hold out even if it meant 1-1 . Don't forget we play in the championship. Away to Blackburn with that squad will be tough. Positivity required. Even if you hate him, he won't be sacked this season. May as well get behind him ay

47 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Blackburn have a good record at home. Think they have only lost 1 at home all season. We weren't going to win every game. Bentley made mistakes , move on to the next one. It's important to stay close but today certainly wasn't a must win. When we went 1 up I thought we should of camped. Hold out even if it meant 1-1 . Don't forget we play in the championship. Away to Blackburn with that squad will be tough. Positivity required. Even if you hate him, he won't be sacked this season. May as well get behind him ay

Well if we beat Sheffield Wednesday we're back in contention. I don't feel confident we could beat anyone after the shambles today, but you never know, a different City might turn up.

7 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Well it didn't seem to affect the home team, was it because they are use to it?

There was a time the entire team would have changed their studs after the warm up, having experienced the slippery pitch, these days perhaps a change in boots should happen, game management lets us down every time, starting with selection ending with confidence in the group, but with LJ there is nothing, no confidence, no cohesion, no belief, no balls - you would think an experienced midfielder, even a mediocre one would be able to organise a professional group to play well together - take away the coaches toys and play a team that works together as a unit and with confidence in their ability!

Johnson out! 

Bentley was bad in goal but the whole team was bad. We were not playing, our midfield did not exist. Think it took along time before we created a chance, Eliasson cross. When we saw the game yesterday its difficault to be optimistic but its football. Next game feels like a must win, we are still only two points from top six. How we could be top six after seeing the game yesterday is hard to see.  Another starting eleven next game and hoping that the players play football and create chances is what we can hope for. This was a real mess. 

11 hours ago, Mr X said:

LJ has been given far more money than any other manager we’ve had pro rata and all we’re doing is treading water as a mid table club. Lansdown gave him the money to to get Nakhi Wells in the January transfer window and his dad got Dele Adebola and still did better than him! 

Not to mention Afobe , who was ‘on fire ‘ in recent games and therefore consigned to the bench !

:dunno:

We have a squad packed with quality and no direction . It’s like putting itching powder in Sir Simon Rattle’s underwear and sending him out to conduct .

Once again it’s not the result that bugs me but the fact that, once again, we look inferior in every department to our opponents. 

THE COACHING STAFF HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. 

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Unfortunately a performance like that will only ignite all of the split opinion on here. From those who feel LJ is doing a great job to those (and I am in this group) that feel there are notable deficiencies in the LJ project. But for now we can all let the football do the talking until seasons end. We have a big group of fit players with the all of our star players available , we are a few points off of the play offs, it is in our hands we perform. It is very tight around that 6th spot, and it will surely go to the last game. Exciting end to the season that we can all enjoy. 

When the season is over, then we can analyse where we are. The BS will have finished. No excuses from either point of view at that stage. 

For me, disappointing as it was (understatement), it’s one game....but it’s got to be collective responsibility.

Several / most players were poor.  Most of it is down to them when they cross the white line.

But I don’t like it when LJ says (paraphrased) “the staff prepared them...it’s not our fault”, or also try and take a bit of credit for a 6 minute spell of okay(ish) football with (paraphrased again) “I got them together during the water break and I got a response”.

That doesn’t give a sense of everyone being in it together.

I find it hard to watch us not even do the basics right.  I find it hard to watch players play at half-tilt, on the periphery, especially when you expect them to be chomping at the bit after 3 months out.  One player who didn’t have a good game but at least was up for it was Massengo....albeit probably too up for it.  I’m not gonna criticise him for that.

We do have some weak-minded players imho, who cannot play if it gets a bit tough.

But, as I said, one game, eight to go.  Those weak-minded players have a knack of raising their game when the Sky cameras are about!!

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Unfortunately a performance like that will only ignite all of the split opinion on here. From those who feel LJ is doing a great job to those (and I am in this group) that feel there are notable deficiencies in the LJ project. But for now we can all let the football do the talking until seasons end. We have a big group of fit players with the all of our star players available , we are a few points off of the play offs, it is in our hands we perform. It is very tight around that 6th spot, and it will surely go to the last game. Exciting end to the season that we can all enjoy. 

When the season is over, then we can analyse where we are. The BS will have finished. No excuses from either point of view at that stage. 

Surely go to the last game, for us? that's very optimistic.

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

8 games and we can discussion detail this season. There can be no surprise when we play like the, it is a common theme. As is a great display just after as you say. Did sound a little Jose M though, I was perfect but the players let me down again. We are just awful to watch, have been all season. Sometimes though we grind the result out, and that will be needed now if we want to get that 6th spot. But watching Brentford you realise how far away we are from a team you would want to watch every week. I think it is the way we play that most fans dislike , I do not read on here that people expect us to gain promotion, maybe sneak a play off place , but that is it. I expect a good display next week. 

There are too many games like yesterday this season.  Games where we just don’t play, can’t string 3 passes together inside the opponents half, etc.

Looking back (Imho):

• Luton (a)
  • West Brom (a)
  • Millwall (h) 
  • Blackburn (h) & (a)
  • Sheffield Wednesday (a)
  • Charlton (a)
  • Brentford (h) albeit with 10 men
  • Shrewsbury (h) - didn’t see away replay
  • Wigan (a) - for 60 mins, we won
  • Leeds (a)
  • Huddersfield (a)

Thats 11/41.  There were a couple I was touch and go about too.

That's unacceptable imho, even in an inconsistent division like the Championship.

That is my biggest frustration.

19 hours ago, mozo said:

I don't mean to join the Johnson pile on, but anxiety in the team is his responsibility. Head coach is responsible for the team mentality.

He's right about Bentley, but the warning signs were there vs Southampton and no action taken.

I think Johnson should come out and take full  blame.

Personally I feel that if LJ can't see the problems with the way his selections are playing and have been playing even before the lockdown, then he needs to go to SpecSavers!

5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Personally I feel that if LJ can't see the problems with the way his selections are playing and have been playing even before the lockdown, then he needs to go to SpecSavers! Barnard Castle

Fixed it.

I agree.  There are some players who consistently under-perform, a couple who are inconsistent (but do have good games mixed with bad)....but they get far too many starts, undeserving imho.

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

There was one moment of magic when Eliasson turned his man and left him for dead . Where will he be playing next season ? 

If he has any sense or ambition it won’t be with us - Johnson not capable of getting best out of any of his players because they don’t believe in him!

21 hours ago, Malvern Red said:

Those players were never properly up for that game mentally at any point, including when we scored. We need a strong-minded owner to appoint a strong-minded leader when this livestream tournament ends.

When was the last game we looked up for it?  We come out the traps slow in almost every game.

When was the last time we looked like we had a game plan?  I can't believe that even Johnson's game plan is to tap it around the back four and then whack it aimlessly up field to a striker who couldn't trap a bag of cement.

The preparation for games has got to be questioned and that falls at the feet of one person.  

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

When was the last game we looked up for it?  We come out the traps slow in almost every game.

When was the last time we looked like we had a game plan?  I can't believe that even Johnson's game plan is to tap it around the back four and then whack it aimlessly up field to a striker who couldn't trap a bag of cement.

The preparation for games has got to be questioned and that falls at the feet of one person.  

To be fair, it was the last one before the break. In the draw with Fulham, we competed like a proper team, which was particularly notable at the time because our form had been so abject prior to that.

Just now, mozo said:

To be fair, it was the last one before the break. In the draw with Fulham, we competed like a proper team, which was particularly notable at the time because our form had been so abject prior to that.

One swallow doesn't make it a summer. And it proves his teams are consistently inconsistent. 

20 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Which is why we are mid table not top 6 . They way we play is awful, I think that is what irks most. We have some very very good players for the level we are at, there must be many clubs in our league that would love to see Afobe, DaSilva, Pamer and  Wells on their bench as they were not good enough for a starting place. We have no academy players involved, drab play , and a multitude of strategy, set up and delivery. I personally do not think it is the lack of a promotion push that frustrates but the lack of a cohesive genuine approach . Hey we will see. We have the chance to get in the play offs, it is there, and we are good at turning poor games in ot a top performance in a week. We have to turn up though with everyone on the same page. That is the difference between being also rans or winners. 

Couldn’t agree more

19 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Came back from a week away yesterday (visiting my brother in hospice) ,didn't have time, or inclination to set up my Robins account. Would I be right in thinking it was as bad and turgid a performance as Hudders away ?

Yes. That was the first game I thought of while watching on Saturday.

Archived