Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

On 23/06/2020 at 04:00, ExiledAjax said:

Pack was, and is, a solid Championship CM. Can't shoot for toffee but has a great range of passing and can play 50 games a season. At times with us he looked flogged, shackled, and perhaps jaded. Clearly could still be playing for us.

I agree, shooting was not his strongest point, but I do remember an absolutely fabulous effort away to Peterborough (I think) when a cracking effort hit the bar.

Pack's skill just prior to shooting would have made it a strong candidate for goal of the season - if it had actually gone in 😉.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I agree, shooting was not his strongest point, but I do remember an absolutely fabulous effort away to Peterborough (I think) when a cracking effort hit the bar.

Pack's skill just prior to shooting would have made it a strong candidate for goal of the season - if it had actually gone in 😉.

I once had an absolutely cracking effort talking to Pamela Anderson in a hotel bar in Vancouver. I didn't score either. 😉

Jokes aside, of course he did score a few, and like any pro is more than capable of hitting a ball. I remember the one away to Fulham in the 2-1 Tomlin last minute free kick win, and of course his header against Man City was wonderful (as was his pass to Bryan against Man Utd).

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I once had an absolutely cracking effort talking to Pamela Anderson in a hotel bar in Vancouver. I didn't score either. 😉

Jokes aside, of course he did score a few, and like any pro is more than capable of hitting a ball. I remember the one away to Fulham in the 2-1 Tomlin last minute free kick win, and of course his header against Man City was wonderful (as was his pass to Bryan against Man Utd).

Did it go something like: "Hi Pam, thanks for the mammaries?"

• Like 1
On 22/06/2020 at 13:45, GrahamC said:

They don’t know what they’re watching, then.

Pack was a mainstay of our midfield for years & certainly hasn’t traded down in leaving us, whilst Brownhill has joined a club in The Prem that is light years ahead of us.

I wasn’t on here at the time but was totally baffled by the Pack sale, Brownhill going was unavoidable but the total mess we have made of replacing him certainly was.

I think both Pack and Brownhill didn't show their best form towards the end as they were overused and needed to be rested occasionally. Watched Brownhill for Burnley and he looked really sharp.

Pack and Brownhill on the opening day both played vs Leeds. Didn't exactly tear it up.

Mind you they were both assets to have in the midfield- and tweaks of shape could've brought even more. Think they were both a bit restricted even during the 15 game unbeaten run last season by certain tactical choices.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pack and Brownhill on the opening day both played vs Leeds. Didn't exactly tear it up.

Mind you they were both assets to have in the midfield- and tweaks of shape could've brought even more. Think they were both a bit restricted even during the 15 game unbeaten run last season by certain tactical choices.

Makes you realise how far we have gone backwards with the midfield though! 

31 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Makes you realise how far we have gone backwards with the midfield though! 

Well, yes and no. I agree on some ways but watch that game back, found it online and watched it for tactical purposes and we can see us being outnumbered and the like in central areas. Leeds  are very decent but still.

There's one common denominator. Can we guess what it might be?