IGNORED

Player ratings v Blackburn

And Its Smith

Bloody ‘ell......might be the same old Bristol City, but a new leaf for me and you....when I don’t think I disagree with any of your marks!!!  Spot on imho. ??

We played for 10 minutes.  Just before the goal, and whilst we celebrated it.

I wouldn’t wanna be on the same coach home as Johnson tonight!!!  He’ll be steaming.

I’m loathe to blame team selection, the 11 that started were more than capable of putting in something better than that awful performance.

Same old problems though. Some of them must be world-beaters at Failand.

It only takes 1, or 2 or 3 to play badly and the whole team can’t function.

Blackburn were physical (no surprises) but they got through their yards, the hard yards and got to virtually every dropping ball.

Very, very, very disappointing.  And to make matters worse, 8 days of stewing on this.  Welcome back everybody!

All of them 0. 
Not a single one of them did anything to earn a point today. Awful, every one of them. 
And did they have studs? Did LJ get his grass length applicator out, if so then they all ignored it. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Bloody ‘ell......might be the same old Bristol City, but a new leaf for me and you....when I don’t think I disagree with any of your marks!!!  Spot on imho. ??

We played for 10 minutes.  Just before the goal, and whilst we celebrated it.

I wouldn’t wanna be on the same coach home as Johnson tonight!!!  He’ll be steaming.

I’m loathe to blame team selection, the 11 that started were more than capable of putting in something better than that awful performance.

Same old problems though. Some of them must be world-beaters at Failand.

It only takes 1, or 2 or 3 to play badly and the whole team can’t function.

Blackburn were physical (no surprises) but they got through their yards, the hard yards and got to virtually every dropping ball.

Very, very, very disappointing.  And to make matters worse, 8 days of stewing on this.  Welcome back everybody!

We weren't? We committed foul after foul in the first 10-15 mins. Granted a lot of that was sloppy rather than physical as such but I thought they were a reasonable footballing side personally.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We weren't? We committed foul after foul in the first 10-15 mins. Granted a lot of that was sloppy rather than physical as such but I thought they were a reasonable footballing side personally.

I don’t necessarily equate fouls with physical.  Physical can mean pressing with intent, etc.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I would find it difficult to give player ratings as most were completely anonymous. The exception is Bentley, for obvious reasons. 

‘Anonymous ’ is definitely the best word for describing our players today. It was pathetic. 

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley 2
Pereira 6
Kalas 4
Baker 5
Rowe 5
Smith 5
Massengo 5
Paterson 6
O’Dowda 2
Elliason 5
Diedhiou 4

Subs 
Wells 4
Hunt 4
Palmer 4
Afobe 5
Dasilva 5

Fair, might have given Fam 5, as he had a thankless task up front with minimal support & he did well for the goal.

The triple subs (Dasilva, Palmer & Afobe) had so little time it is hard to be too critical of them. I’m not Palmer’s biggest fan but thought he did try to get on the ball & make something happen, by that time though Blackburn were content to get 10 behind the ball, time waste and foul to stop any flow.

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Could pick a new starting eleven for next week and not one of them could argue with it . Not sure if we’ve got good players who are stifled by our ultra cautious manager Or we’ve got overrated overpaid players ?

I am.

I’d say Elliasson did ok. The rest were a shambles although probably not much blame can be put at Fammy’s door due to the appalling service he received. 

Bentley the worst of all but he wasn’t alone in being total shite. Massengo clearly forgot he was on a booking early on and was lucky not to be sent off - brainless. COD and Pato offered nothing. Korey not much use either. Defence was pretty poor apart from the odd block. We should have lost 4-1 or more really. 

Midfield was a complete shambles. The passing was abysmal and so was ball retention. What the hell do they do at training all week if after half a dozen or so nothing passes the ball ends up with Kalas or Baker just punting it long. Haven't had a Saturday totally ruined for months............................until today.

Archived