IGNORED

Promotion

RedM

I’m wondering if next season will be the best one to be promoted into the Premiership? It’s likely some matches will still be played with fan restrictions, maybe even no away fans allowed so home fans can spread out within the stadium. I love going to away grounds and it would be Sod’s law that maybe our one season up there would be almost nil and void as far as a fans experience is concerned

Actually,seriously, I think we are no where near ready for promotionand glad that we have enough points in the bag to avoid relegation this season, otherwise I really would be worried. We look as far away from a team as we can possibly be.

Just now, Snufflelufagus said:

We're not getting promoted this season the next one or one after that. Simply don't have the steel, grit , know how with this manager in charge.

He isnt tactically astute enough. It's very simple squad is hugely talented but without the right leader it means nothing.

13 minutes ago, Lez said:

He isnt tactically astute enough. It's very simple squad is hugely talented but without the right leader it means nothing.

Agreed. He makes it far to complicated. Players general are thick as s*** so when he's banging on he was as well be speaking to them in Russian.

34 minutes ago, Lez said:

We will never get promoted with LJ.

Looking in from the outside I think you need a decent manager to take you to the next level even though LJ has done pretty good so far but I get the feeling even your die hard fans who will back whoever is in charge have accepted he's not the one who is going to take Bristol City uo into the Premiership 

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Looking in from the outside I think you need a decent manager to take you to the next level even though LJ has done pretty good so far but I get the feeling even your die hard fans who will back whoever is in charge have accepted he's not the one who is going to take Bristol City uo into the Premiership 

He isnt tactically astute enough. Top coaches have philosophies.....bielsa Frank v rowett and Houghton......opposites but clear strategies....

LJ doesn't have a clue himself.

5 minutes ago, Lez said:

He isnt tactically astute enough. Top coaches have philosophies.....bielsa Frank v rowett and Houghton......opposites but clear strategies....

I was wondering if his lack of experience in his playing days is also a factor and compared to coterill and I agree he dosen't seem that astute and may have found his level 

47 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Starts at the top. He’s realised that with Bristol.

Mark Robins, Michael Duff, Dean Holden etc. aren’t the answer.

Robins would do for me. He's a better answer than we currently have. And he's the best answer that there may at some point be a possibility of.

Only if Golden Boy retires early though...

55 minutes ago, Lez said:

Does he have a philosophy? Seems to change on a rolling basis! Agree, he is somewhat lacking in the tactical department a lot of the time!

45 minutes ago, Lez said:

Unpopular opinion Mark Hughes please.

He's a busted flush.

1 hour ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Agreed. He makes it far to complicated. Players general are thick as s*** so when he's banging on he was as well be speaking to them in Russian.

Spot on ... every interview, including those he’s done during the lockdown, contains words and phrases that mean absolutely nothing, he tries to be clever with his utterings and I just think the average footballer will just switch off and pretend to be listening ...

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

After the strangest few months of most of our lives, this thread is reassuringly familiar.

..... so is what we’re seeing on the pitch.  

This is the first time I’ve felt like normal life has resumed since the lockdown, so thanks City!

36 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

..... so is what we’re seeing on the pitch.  

This is the first time I’ve felt like normal life has resumed since the lockdown, so thanks City!

Yep, reassuringly crap.

We don’t know when our kids will go back to school.

We don’t know when we can go on holiday.

We don’t know when the pub will open.

But we do know that City will let you down just when you dare to think it might be different. It’s comforting really.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on ... every interview, including those he’s done during the lockdown, contains words and phrases that mean absolutely nothing, he tries to be clever with his utterings and I just think the average footballer will just switch off and pretend to be listening ...

Like Bielsa at Leeds? I dunno- he comes up with some interesting turns of phrase let's say but it doesn't do them any harm! I'm on the fence about that aspect of his management and the effect or otherwise, but I do worry about his tactics.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Like Bielsa at Leeds? I dunno- he comes up with some interesting turns of phrase let's say but it doesn't do them any harm! I'm on the fence about that aspect of his management and the effect or otherwise, but I do worry about his tactics.

Bielsa can’t speak English though can he? If I’m right that isn’t really a valid comparison ...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bielsa can’t speak English though can he? If I’m right that isn’t really a valid comparison ...

Oh I think he can speak a bit more than he lets on...there's a theory about certain foreign managers.

Perhaps he just prefers not to engage with the media so much. :whistle:

Still though, maybe he wasn't the best example but some of his media comments are curious- doesn't seem to affect how the players play for him though.

6 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Most of us on here can see that, unfortunately the one person who could change the manager seems to have what can only be described as blind faith, LJ seems bullet proof, I think if we hadn't made the playoffs this season under normal circumstances he might of been sacked now probably not.

Archived