IGNORED

The most depressing thing

Redland

As someone who has supported City since 1960s and already purchased my season ticket for next year the most depressing thing for me is that we will have another season of the same rubbish next year under LJ. Meanwhile he will bask in the glory of being one of the longest serving managers in the football league whilst more ambitious clubs will have appointed successful managers and will have progressed.   Meanwhile LJ will be allowed to sign quality players without a clue as to his style of play or how to play them but he will be out there measuring the length of the grass. FFS. 

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

The most depressing thing for me was...........I didn't really care, this season is dead to me .

I have a lot of sympathy Slarti!

However we were utter crap. Can anyone imagine Tony Mowbray an hour before KO...'Here we are Tony, heres the Bristol team sheet"

TM...'FOOOK Me Afobi, Wells, Desilva, on the bench that goal keeper who was crap for ages that got dropped and was terrible at Southampton is in, they are clearly going to hump balls to Diehdou and they have two dwarves in the middle of the field. Oh and Kalas looks fat we can beat him if we cut inside, Baker cant jump and Perrera isnt very good.

If we dont do these by a minimum of 3-1 after missing a 100% open goal and having had one chalked off because Bentley has forgotten how to catch I'll eat my hat!

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

However we were utter crap. Can anyone imagine Tony Mowbray an hour before KO...'Here we are Tony, heres the Bristol team sheet"

TM...'FOOOK Me Afobi, Wells, Desilva, on the bench that goal keeper who was crap for ages that got dropped and was terrible at Southampton is in, they are clearly going to hump balls to Diehdou and they have two dwarves in the middle of the field. Oh and Kalas looks fat we can beat him if we cut inside, Baker cant jump and Perrera isnt very good.

If we dont do these by a minimum of 3-1 after missing a 100% open goal and having had one chalked off because Bentley has forgotten how to catch I'll eat my hat!

Would be funny if it wasn’t true

16 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Don’t see him being here next season if season ends like today. We will have moved further away with good investment.  

When are they looking at starting next season? I thought it was going to be a quick turnaround, 3 or 4 weeks?

If so even if we carry on like today, I can't see Landsdown pulling the trigger before the start of next season.

5 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

When are they looking at starting next season? I thought it was going to be a quick turnaround, 3 or 4 weeks?

If so even if we carry on like today, I can't see Landsdown pulling the trigger before the start of next season.

Or century.

50 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

out of likes - but spot on! On a level playing field Tony Mowbray vs Lee Johnson is men against boys in management terms I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Redland said:

As someone who has supported City since 1960s and already purchased my season ticket for next year the most depressing thing for me is that we will have another season of the same rubbish next year under LJ. Meanwhile he will bask in the glory of being one of the longest serving managers in the football league whilst more ambitious clubs will have appointed successful managers and will have progressed.   Meanwhile LJ will be allowed to sign quality players without a clue as to his style of play or how to play them but he will be out there measuring the length of the grass. FFS. 

I too fell into the trap and renewed for next season. 

Very depressing to think we will watch the same old rubbish under this clueless clown. 

57 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

When was Bentley ‘terrible at Southampton’ ?

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

The most depressing thing for me was...........I didn't really care, this season is dead to me .

I’m of a similar mind but it was still jarring to watch the same old same old. Nice not to get quite so irate about it though. 

50 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Don’t see him being here next season if season ends like today. We will have moved further away with good investment.  

If only that were true. However bad we are, however insane his team selection, he appears totally secure. Thanks to SL. 

Wow the standard of 'depressing' (of all words to use) is having a manager whose turned us into a top 10 team? Yeah you're right I'd much rather have manager who plays a bit more expansively and we're fighting relegation instead ?

25 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

And that is the truth. We are going nowhere under LJ, and in fact he is going to dodge any reckoning because it will be blamed on the disrupted season. And next season, the excuse will be that there wasn’t a proper break. And the season after that it will be something else, unless Steve Lansdown finally accepts that if he wants Bristol City in the Premier League, he needs to find a different and better coach/manager. I am not holding my breath on that one!

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey, do we really count post-long lockdown friendlies as rods with which to beat our players?! 

When you’re at fault for two goals, gave the ball away from another pass out, and therefore create a lack of confidence, then yes you do.  A friendly is a better barometer than training isn’t it?  He’s carried that into today hasn’t he....therefore a bloody good barometer.

I’m not beating our player, I’m saying he’s costing us goals, both pre-covid, Friendlies and now vital league games.  Do we just let him continue, and erode confidence in those playing in front of him?  I’d rather make a bold call and go Maenpaa, which is what LJ did pre-covid when Bentley has a knock and had recovered.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

When you’re at fault for two goals, gave the ball away from another pass out, and therefore create a lack of confidence, then yes you do.  A friendly is a better barometer than training isn’t it?  He’s carried that into today hasn’t he....therefore a bloody good barometer.

I’m not beating our player, I’m saying he’s costing us goals, both pre-covid, Friendlies and now vital league games.  Do we just let him continue, and erode confidence in those playing in front of him?  I’d rather make a bold call and go Maenpaa, which is what LJ did pre-covid when Bentley has a knock and had recovered.

Its not even bold Dave its effing obvious!

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wow the standard of 'depressing' (of all words to use) is having a manager whose turned us into a top 10 team? Yeah you're right I'd much rather have manager who plays a bit more expansively and we're fighting relegation instead ?

So its an either or choice?

Yeah as disappointed as I am, I've long since consigned myself to the fact that we're going nowhere with Johnson in the dugout. I've not even bothered to listen to his post-match interview because it'll only be the same old baloney. Sad thing is, he'll be here next season as well. 

We have a fantastic squad but a manager that doesn't know how or who to use. Imagine having players promoted at this level, hungry and young and ignoring them for whatever reason. Just the thought of Afobe and Wells with Palmer behind is scintillating.

And then imagine if when they gel, and the crossing from Eliasson or Dasilva coming in as well. 

If I were Lansdown I'd refuse to give LJ any more money until he's given at least 4 or 5 of our young players a full run in the first team to show whether they are good enough or not.  The amount of time and money they've wasted on Nagy and Henriksen is so frustrating when they could have guven Morell a fair try. As things stand the same applies for Benovic and Moore too.

Archived