IGNORED

Marcus Henriksen

GrahamC

2 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

In fairness the comment was "hes moving on and has had several offers, but he's still trained with us rather than refusing to play "

Sounds more like its the players decision than LJs. 

Who can blame him after being chucked under the bus before the break. De ja vu.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Poor management of him again, to add to a list- he has had a useful record before joining us. As with many LJ midfield signings he has been known to play in a 3- where he is likely comfortable.

Maybe as prior season history is solid, but when you need a player to hit the ground running mid season, do you sign a player who’s missed most of the season already? 

1 hour ago, Red Alert said:

Seemed like a desperate signing at the time & didn’t impress when played.

Did in his first game against Derby, unfortunately as usual he then wasn't given a run in the team. Sounds familiar, LJ has noted what a good professional he is and no surprise he's looking at offers elsewhere. 

‘’Just keep hitting and hoping wee man, keep signing and signing these different players and im sure you will get it right soon enough!’’ Why do i get the feeling this is SL and the boards thought process..?! What a joke of a club we still are at times.

1 minute ago, red84 said:

Did in his first game against Derby, unfortunately as usual he then wasn't given a run in the team. Sounds familiar, LJ has noted what a good professional he is and no surprise he's looking at offers elsewhere. 

Suspect he got through that Game on adrenaline having not played for ages.

Questions why it didn’t work out here after that debut.

50 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The norwegian diony. Or pick from 15/20 other names.

48 minutes ago, Lez said:

Giefer Marinovic Diony Kent Henrickson I'm sure there is more.

Wouldn't put him in that category tbh. More likely LJ unsure how to get the best out of him (like many others past and present)- there is a solid player in there, his past track record shows it.

6 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Worth the wage then. 

Didnt we have the option to recall Morrell/Walsh in Jan as well but didn’t do so because of this signing. 

Awful business again. 

Yeah, but on the plus side we can now pick Morrell/Walsh, if we wanted to. And if I believe what the commentators said. Considering they missed the first booking, I'm not 100% sure they're right....

6 hours ago, BlokeCDP said:

Yeah, but on the plus side we can now pick Morrell/Walsh, if we wanted to. And if I believe what the commentators said. Considering they missed the first booking, I'm not 100% sure they're right....

No they’re not available until next season. Taylor Moore made a good point In the interview posted on here - going to be even harder for all the players loaned to league 1/2 to compete for places in the side at the start of next season. They won’t have played since early March, whereas the rest of the squad will have played competive football in late July. 

42 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

No point telling anyone on here mate when they have an agenda. 

The guy was without a contract in a few weeks. Why would he risk a 3 year contract by playing, if their is a risk of getting injured? The guy is out of contract and can now sign another securing a wage for another 3 years. 

We probably aren't going to offer him anything as we've got Walsh and Morrell on the way back. 

Think about it. 

All of this is true but what is also the case is we only used him 4 times before totally discarding him when we could have recalled either Walsh or Morrell instead of bothering to sign him.

No agenda from me, I think Henriksen is a good player, but that really is a very difficult decision to defend either way.

12 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Maybe as prior season history is solid, but when you need a player to hit the ground running mid season, do you sign a player who’s missed most of the season already? 

Couldn't agree more. Why take the risk on him when, as others have mentioned, you have two young guys tearing it up in the league below who play in the same position and are presumably chomping at the bit to get recalled and given a go.

Especially when we are supposedly a club keen to promote youth and big up our 'player pathway'.

Just doesn't make any sense!

Archived