IGNORED

LJ’s post match interview: players I can trust

Fordy62

So this old chestnut got wheeled out again today... It’s an excuse that he uses for years on end. I just wish he’d stop signing players he can’t trust. 

Another good one is “we've gotta win the inches a little bit more.” What does that mean?

I challenge anyone to watch that video and not see David Brent when he says “win the inches”. That’s just management talk Lee.

Must be so great to be so comfortable in a job knowing that you can seriously underperform and no one will do a single thing about it!

https://twitter.com/BristolCity/status/1274390818321772544?s=20

Who can he trust?

Before today’s game I would say I could trust Maenpaa, Pereira, Kalas, Dasilva, Smith, Afobe, Wells. 7 players. After today I’ve no idea. 

A lot of fans talk about how good the squad is. Personally I think because most players are much of a muchness it seems like a good squad but realistically it’s just full of average mid table players.  

Who from our squad would get in the top 4s first XI?  Kalas and Dasilva maybe. That’s probably it

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So this old chestnut got wheeled out again today... It’s an excuse that he uses for years on end. I just wish he’d stop signing players he can’t trust. 

Another good one is “we've gotta win the inches a little bit more.” What does that mean?

I challenge anyone to watch that video and not see David Brent when he says “win the inches”. That’s just management talk Lee.

Must be so great to be so comfortable in a job knowing that you can seriously underperform and no one will do a single thing about it!

Seriously when is somebody in our club going to ask serious questions about this. He needs players he can trust - Lee these are YOUR players with the exception of Vyner (didn’t start) @ Smith you’ve signed every one of these players. Why have you got players you don’t trust , you & Ashton spout bollocks about DNA all the time.

Its time you took responsibility 

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Who can he trust?

Before today’s game I would say I could trust Maenpaa, Pereira, Kalas, Dasilva, Smith, Afobe, Wells. 7 players. After today I’ve no idea. 

A lot of fans talk about how good the squad is. Personally I think because most players are much of a muchness it seems like a good squad but realistically it’s just full of average mid table players.  

Who from our squad would get in the top 4s first XI?  Kalas and Dasilva maybe. That’s probably it

I was saying all season that we didn’t have ‘Top 6’ individuals and there was a helluva lot of argument against that. 
I stand by it. 

To be fair you can only have so good an idea of someone before signing them, the trust he's talking about is that developed on the training ground and on the pitch playing for us. 

Personally expect to see Maenpaa, Williams, Dasilva and Weimann back in the starting XI at least next weekend

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was saying all season that we didn’t have ‘Top 6’ individuals and there was a helluva lot of argument against that. 
I stand by it. 

I think we do. We are missing one decent player in the center of the field and a leader on the field....A leader off the field is also essential too!

9 minutes ago, hodge said:

To be fair you can only have so good an idea of someone before signing them, the trust he's talking about is that developed on the training ground and on the pitch playing for us. 

Personally expect to see Maenpaa, Williams, Dasilva and Weimann back in the starting XI at least next weekend

Put a pacy striker through the middle and you either pin him back thereby pushing the defence back a bit or you can't press higher to start with.

I agree with the other 3 though. I'm surprised DaSilva didn't start as it goes and I thought dropping Maenpaa again seemed a bit harsh.

29 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If he’s said that now yet again, with all the choices he has that are his players, all the money he has spent and the amount of time that he has had then that really is depressing. Couldn’t give a hoot about going up or not this season and today shows me we are nowhere near (both our game and the standard in the Fulham / Brentford game which was light years ahead in terms of quality) but to keep hearing the same old tosh being rolled out by him yet again is laughable. How does SL fall for it time and time again? 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

I stand by it. 

It's not the individuals mate.  Loads of teams have got out this league with less talented players. We're not a team.  It's not possible to be with a selection carousel...

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yep.  Though harsh on Rowe who did well today.  He did set up the goal.  Was amazed Da Silve didn't come on at half time and Rowe move to CM...  O'Dowda in CM is a bad joke. 

Midfielders need to play with their heads up...

It was a typical Johnson interview after a defeat. The preparation was perfect, the staff gave the players everything they need and the players couldn’t execute, apparently.

It’s so frustrating. We only had 2 defensive central midfield players in a squad of 20 and we ended up with square pegs in round holes all over the pitch, after having over 3 months to plan a line up. That’s just not good enough I’m afraid, and the responsibility for that starts and ends with Johnson. 

By the sound of what he said on the BBC, it appears that he’s fallen out with Nagy and Henrikson is off somewhere else so we may we’ll be stuck with O’Dowda in the middle of the park for the rest of the season. Heaven help us if that is the case. 

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

I stand by it. 

It’s been clear for most of the season I would say.  The top four are miles better than us and that’s even though one of them has a clueless manager.  Basically we are battling for two places.  Forest squad is better than ours as well I would say. 

32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Who can he trust?

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

I stand by it. 

Do you think our squad man for man is better or worse than Preston's, Swansea's, Blackburn's, Millwall's?

My opinion is our squad is resoundingly better than these rivals for a play off place, not even close.

38 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Who can he trust?

“On paper” or based on what I’ve seen of an individual that tells me they CAN play I would say:

Williams (maybe past it?), Kalas, Dasilva

Massengo (when he first arrived - he’s played CL ffs), Nagy (again when he first arrived) Palmer, Elliason (maybe)

Afobe and Wells

Each of those players either has played higher or has performed on occasions at a level that proves they are better than this. 

42 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I think we do. We are missing one decent player in the center of the field and a leader on the field....A leader off the field is also essential too!

keep saying the same we need a bloody leader,i never see a player try to wind are players up,take responsibility and most of all wind the opposition up,what I would give for a Paul Hartley ,tommy doc or bobby hutch and im sure the older ones would say a Gerry gow

2 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

keep saying the same we need a bloody leader,i never see a player try to wind are players up,take responsibility and most of all wind the opposition up,what I would give for a Paul Hartley ,tommy doc or bobby hutch and im sure the older ones would say a Gerry gow

10 years since Hartley played for us. Incredible we haven’t had a player of his ilk since because god knows we’ve needed one. 

Archived