IGNORED

LJ’s post match interview: players I can trust

Fordy62

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was saying all season that we didn’t have ‘Top 6’ individuals and there was a helluva lot of argument against that. 
I stand by it. 

We do. Shit manager who cannot identify a system or structure to suit them is the problem.

58 minutes ago, hodge said:

To be fair you can only have so good an idea of someone before signing them, the trust he's talking about is that developed on the training ground and on the pitch playing for us. 

Personally expect to see Maenpaa, Williams, Dasilva and Weimann back in the starting XI at least next weekend

Definitely 2 of those (Mäenpää & Dasilva) but Weimann may not be available & even if he is, how much training will he have missed?

Agree with you about Williams but not sure he’ll start, Kalas was woeful today, by the way, what the **** was that back pass all about?

Only decent block from him came when we were 3-1 down, that’s not much use, is it?

52 minutes ago, hodge said:

To be fair you can only have so good an idea of someone before signing them, the trust he's talking about is that developed on the training ground and on the pitch playing for us. 

Personally expect to see Maenpaa, Williams, Dasilva and Weimann back in the starting XI at least next weekend

It’ll get ripped up for next week.  Pereira (thigh) will mean Hunt, and that will force LJ into thinking Wingbacks is the only option.

5212 it will be.

Maenpaa in.

Williams and Benkovic in alongside Kalas.

Nagy or Henriksen in for Massengo.

Both wingers out, Wells and Afobe in, Diedhiou out.

So:

Maenpaa

Hunt / Kalas / Williams / Benkovic / Dasilva

Smith / Nagy

Paterson

Afobe / Wells 

Thats 8 changes, after 3 months and 1 game.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’ll get ripped up for next week.  Pereira (thigh) will mean Hunt, and that will force LJ into thinking Wingbacks is the only option.

5212 it will be.

Maenpaa in.

So:

Maenpaa

Smith / Nagy

Paterson

Afobe / Wells 

Patterson Oh dear!

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

5212 it will be.

Maenpaa in.

So:

Maenpaa

Smith / Nagy

Paterson

Afobe / Wells 

I like the look of that but I would go for palmer instead of pato ,just because of the benik and palmer relationship early in the season along with wells I think we could be a handfull

3 minutes ago, adamski said:

Patterson Oh dear!

I’m only saying what LJ will do, not what I’d do, ?

2 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

I like the look of that but I would go for palmer instead of pato ,just because of the benik and palmer relationship early in the season along with wells I think we could be a handfull

Agree

This is where LJ just underlines one of his key weaknesses.

Players ‘I can trust’.

How many times have the likes of CoD, Pato let him down when he’s trusted them? How many more chances is he going to give them? 

You can’t build a team with players that provide a 90 minute performance once in a blue moon. LJ just doesn’t get it. 

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

5212 it will be.

Maenpaa in.

So:

Maenpaa

Smith / Nagy

Paterson

Afobe / Wells 

Probably not far off what passes for thought processes with LJ.  Shipping all those soft goals will definitely mean five at the back and a different keeper, and he'll wind the short man syndrome up to full rage and thoroughly demotivate the players so the football will be fearful and negative.  He will probably throw Palmer in though who will have a bad game as nobody else on the pitch moves, and then use that as an excuse to never put him in a squad again.  Nagy has clearly done something to upset him.

I must say after his interview I am feeling a lot more negative.

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Probably not far off what passes for thought processes with LJ.  Shipping all those soft goals will definitely mean five at the back and a different keeper, and he'll wind the short man syndrome up to full rage and thoroughly demotivate the players so the football will be fearful and negative.  He will probably throw Palmer in though who will have a bad game as nobody else on the pitch moves, and then use that as an excuse to never put him in a squad again.  Nagy has clearly done something to upset him.

I must say after his interview I am feeling a lot more negative.

I think you’ve got him sussed!

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

5212 it will be.

Maenpaa in.

So:

Maenpaa

Smith / Nagy

Paterson

Afobe / Wells 

I would go with that formation, but I think Baker will keep his place and hopefully Palmer will start instead of Paterson. It worries me that Nagy wasn’t on the bench today - is he still not fully fit? 

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

I would go with that formation, but I think Baker will keep his place and hopefully Palmer will start instead of Paterson. It worries me that Nagy wasn’t on the bench today - is he still not fully fit? 

Dunno, allegedly LJ said something pre game along the lines of “I’m keeping that one up my sleeve” when asked about Nagy.  I didn’t hear it though.

Positive test???

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dunno, allegedly LJ said something pre game along the lines of “I’m keeping that one up my sleeve” when asked about Nagy.  I didn’t hear it though.

Positive test???

You may be right. They were tested again on Thursday I think. 

1 hour ago, daored said:

Seriously when is somebody in our club going to ask serious questions about this. He needs players he can trust - Lee these are YOUR players with the exception of Vyner (didn’t start) @ Smith you’ve signed every one of these players. Why have you got players you don’t trust , you & Ashton spout bollocks about DNA all the time.

Its time you took responsibility 

Spot on he's the master of spin 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

5212 it will be.

Maenpaa in.

So:

Maenpaa

Smith / Nagy

Paterson

Afobe / Wells 

That is pretty much what I'd have gone with today tbh, although I may have had Pereira, Massengo or Baker involved. Happy to admit that thos may have been errors. I know hindsight is easy but Bentley and Eliasson have both flattered to deceive for most of the season. the 532/352/5212 or however you write is, for me, the one that gets the most out of the most individuals, whilst balancing it with the needs of the team. It also provides the most balance between defence, midfield, and attack.

Judging by LJ's answer "I'd rather keep that to myself but hopefully e will be available for next week" I suspect Nagy is the player who has had coronavirus.

Some very odd selections such as O'Dowda in midfield, Bentley over Maenpaa and Rowe over Desilva plus limited minutes for Afobe and Wells.

35 minutes ago, Packman said:

What formation and team did we play when Watkins had a couple of good games before getting injured? Anyone remind me.

I think you are recalling Cardiff and Barnsley, both away....played up top in wingback formation.  

image.thumb.jpeg.33099246dfc8bfd37a60f3545fb19440.jpeg

16 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Judging by LJ's answer "I'd rather keep that to myself but hopefully e will be available for next week" I suspect Nagy is the player who has had coronavirus.

Some very odd selections such as O'Dowda in midfield, Bentley over Maenpaa and Rowe over Desilva plus limited minutes for Afobe and Wells.

What if Nagy was subject to an offer from another club, which we’d accepted?

Dont worry, no itk, just speculating.  We will have a good idea when EFL announce covid results on Wednesday.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What if Nagy was subject to an offer from another club, which we’d accepted?

Dont worry, no itk, just speculating.  We will have a good idea when EFL announce covid results on Wednesday.

LJ suggested that he would be available next week.......

3 hours ago, forestofdean said:

keep saying the same we need a bloody leader,i never see a player try to wind are players up,take responsibility and most of all wind the opposition up,what I would give for a Paul Hartley ,tommy doc or bobby hutch and im sure the older ones would say a Gerry gow

We had Taylor. 

Archived