IGNORED

SL?

Langford Red

Time after time I can not understand why SL puts up with LJs cluelessness?

SL must love losing money

LJ put a team out that he said he can trust

His excuse was he will have to reassess the team again

Sorry no season ticket to watch LJ next season

SL get LJ to stop blaming HIS players

Or get rid

Just now, Langford Red said:

If I was SL I would ask questions about players brought in , the lad from hull has apparently left - fallen out with Johnson ,  Benkovic on the bench I’m sure at a considerable cost. 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'm sure Steve hates having a head coach who has taken us from being a relegation threatened team to a play off fighting team all while selling players for big money

I don’t get when people use the sold his best players excuse , he has been given large funds to re invest yet he doesn’t know his best 11 and judging by today’s line up I guess he never will

51 minutes ago, Langford Red said:

Or get rid

I see (guess) you live pretty close to winscombe and wondered if you might want to lift share to games. 

But I know I couldn't face sitting in a car with you for half hour x 2 - so I won't..! 

4 minutes ago, Langford Red said:

Today embarrassed to say My team is Bristol City

But I know it is because of Clueless LJ

I'm often frustrated by them but I'd never be embarrassed to say they are my team.

Neither is LJ clueless. He is a bright young coach, but If anything he's too clever for his own good and with perhaps too many ideas instead of keeping things simpler. 

Managers/coaches know they could carry the can for a teams performance at any time, but once players step on to the pitch they have to accept responsibility for their own performance. They are not automaton Daleks chanting 'I will obey' but are (supposedly) intelligent professionals. The best players adapt to situations of their own accord but there was little sign of that today. 

56 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'm sure Steve hates having a head coach who has taken us from being a relegation threatened team to a play off fighting team all while selling players for big money

Steve is biding his time.  I think he realises lJ isn't up to it and must be waiting for the right time and right person.

Surely?

58 minutes ago, hodge said:

By the end of the season mid table with the best funding ever for a city manager 

4 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

By the end of the season mid table with the best funding ever for a city manager 

While also being the City manager who has recouped the most through transfer fees and has to spend more because he's got to replace those he's lost? 

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

While also being the City manager who has recouped the most through transfer fees and has to spend more because he's got to replace those he's lost? 

His legacy will be what he leaves the next manager with.  He inherited very well from Cotts.

I don’t think he’ll leave a bad squad (as I posted earlier this week), but he’s been wasteful in some cases.

12 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Steve is biding his time.  I think he realises lJ isn't up to it and must be waiting for the right time and right person.

Surely?

Maybe, but if he is, then he will have this unwelcome thought keeping him awake at 2 or 3am: who do I replace him with?

Followed by: I think another season, one more go.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

His legacy will be what he leaves the next manager with.  He inherited very well from Cotts.

I don’t think he’ll leave a bad squad (as I posted earlier this week), but he’s been wasteful in some cases.

He inherited a good 1st XI, he had about 17 senior players, part of the criticism of him being spending a lot/a lot of players in came as a result of that 1st window with what he was left by Cotts, of course that came from Cotts preference of a small squad.

1 minute ago, Clevedon Red said:

SL publicly stated He expects nothing more than improvement on last season’s finishing place. Let’s see what he does as and when the season finishes. 

Only needs to get 7th then ;)

19 minutes ago, hodge said:

Of course this should be taken into consideration when assessing LJ's legacy, but football managers are ultimately judged on the pitch and not on the balance sheet. Otherwise we might as well employ an accountant and forget all about the results. 

1 minute ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Of course this should be taken into consideration when assessing LJ's legacy, but football managers are ultimately judged on the pitch and not on the balance sheet. Otherwise we might as well employ an accountant and forget all about the results. 

But that's the point its a combination that he's done that while moving us towards the other end of the table 

1 hour ago, Langford Red said:

Or get rid

Clown. Are you thick? 

25 minutes ago, hodge said:

So are we at the stage where a manager is judged by how many players he sells and for how much.

i prefer the old days where a manager was judged on the style of football, the success of the team, and how high the team finished in the table! 

40 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I'm often frustrated by them but I'd never be embarrassed to say they are my team.

Neither is LJ clueless. He is a bright young coach, but If anything he's too clever for his own good and with perhaps too many ideas instead of keeping things simpler. 

Agree, think he thinks he better and cleverer than he actually is, complicates and overthinks things, can imagine players sat in dressing room, rolling their eyes and laughing behind his back, when he comes out with his B.S,  and buzz words.

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

But that's the point its a combination that he's done that while moving us towards the other end of the table 

And has he moved us far enough...quickly enough...with the resources he has been given. I don't know. I also don't know if any other candidates could have done better. I want him to succeed, but I feel he has reached his ceiling. I base that more on the way he communicates, than any transfer incomings/outgoings. However, ultimately, I can't help but think that at the end of the season it's time for a managerial freshen up.

2 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

Get a grip you melts.... We lost today, Blackburn were superior in the 2nd half!! Everyone losing their shit on here is quite embarrassing, we ain't gonna win every game.... Judge the bloke at the end of the season yeah, gobshites

It’s not that we lost that’s upsetting and annoying people, it’s how we lost, and played.

Archived