IGNORED

SL?

Langford Red

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So are we at the stage where a manager is judged by how many players he sells and for how much.

i prefer the old days where a manager was judged on the style of football, the success of the team, and how high the team finished in the table! 

As said its a combination, he's improved league position every season so it meets your criteria of success and table finish so far, if we finish top 8 or so again he'll be around next season imo because of the disruption caused by lockdown etc, would be harsh to get the sack for missing out in a season involving it.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

I'm sure Steve hates having a head coach who has taken us from being a relegation threatened team to a play off fighting team all while selling players for big money

I get the sentiment and there is merit in your point. But we weren’t fighting for a play off place today or for the last ten or so games before lockdown. We were/are a bit of a turgid mess and I can’t see how anyone can say otherwise.

i think we know where we are now. If Johnson is here next season we know that deep down lansdown is happy with being a mid table side and is just paying lip service to promotion. That’s fine but the biggest problem in my eyes is that Johnson’s football is unwatchable. Especially at home.

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

End of season LJ has until then I think. SL will appreciate we have improved over LJ’s tenure but we can’t afford to start going backwards as it appears we will this year. 

Lansdown isn’t ruthless when it comes to managers. Especially with the same surname as the current incumbent.

1 hour ago, Langford Red said:

Time after time I can not understand why SL puts up with LJs cluelessness?

SL must love losing money

LJ put a team out that he said he can trust

His excuse was he will have to reassess the team again

Sorry no season ticket to watch LJ next season

SL get LJ to stop blaming HIS players

Or get rid

Oh don’t bother coming back to Ashton Gate. You won’t be missed.

3 minutes ago, mossey said:

It’s not that we lost that’s upsetting and annoying people, it’s how we lost, and played.

Thought we bossed it first 40 mins. Comfertable. Stupid mistakes again. Kalas was poor. Got opened up easily in the 2nd half too many times. BUT to turn on the manger/coach (I don't love him) at this point in time is suicidal and crazy. He'll never win playing FD up front on his own I agree... But the sniping and backstabbing isn't going to help our campaign here..... 

9 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

Get a grip you melts.... We lost today, Blackburn were superior in the 2nd half!! Everyone losing their shit on here is quite embarrassing, we ain't gonna win every game.... Judge the bloke at the end of the season yeah, gobshites

Wise words. We shouldn’t let today cloud our judgement on the rest of the excellent football we’ve played this season. 

5 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

Thought we bossed it first 40 mins. Comfertable. Stupid mistakes again. Kalas was poor. Got opened up easily in the 2nd half too many times. BUT to turn on the manger/coach (I don't love him) at this point in time is suicidal and crazy. He'll never win playing FD up front on his own I agree... But the sniping and backstabbing isn't going to help our campaign here..... 

Fair points . The manager doesn’t do himself any favours by tinkering with the formation constantly and bizarre interviews where he talks nonsense . LJ isn’t an idiot but treats everyone else like they are  

7 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Lansdown isn’t ruthless when it comes to managers. Especially with the same surname as the current incumbent.

Not sure I agree. He hasn’t got every appointment right but I think generally he has got rid at the right time. 

GJ he may have kept on a little too long but I think that was fair enough given what he did in his first few seasons - he had earnt extra time. And LJ has improved us every year so no issue there.

1 hour ago, Langford Red said:

Today embarrassed to say My team is Bristol City

But I know it is because of Clueless LJ

If you’re embarrassed to say you support us whilst we’re 9th in the championship how on earth did you cope when we were bottom of league one? 

31 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

Bossed it? Really?

Is this the standard now accepted? 

If you think we bossed it. You must have soiled yourself when Brentford smashed us at home. That’s bossing it.

Look, Johnson’s done a decent job at stabilising us in the Championship albeit with more resources than any other manager. He shouldn’t get credit for spotting or selling players, those are the jobs of the analysts and Ashton.

What it all boils down to is Lansdown and ambition: I still long to see City in the PL in my lifetime and I’m certain Johnson won’t be the man to deliver that. The sooner Lansdown wakes up - both in terms of seeing Johnson for the blagger he is and recognising the fact that his own managerial judgement is utter shit, the better. He wouldn’t stand for this return at Hargreaves Lansdown so why is it ok for 20,000 paying punters at the Gate?

4 minutes ago, tin said:

Look, Johnson’s done a decent job at stabilising us in the Championship albeit with more resources than any other manager. He shouldn’t get credit for spotting or selling players, those are the jobs of the analysts and Ashton.

What it all boils down to is Lansdown and ambition: I still long to see City in the PL in my lifetime and I’m certain Johnson won’t be the man to deliver that. The sooner Lansdown wakes up - both in terms of seeing Johnson for the blagger he is and recognising the fact that his own managerial judgement is utter shit, the better. He wouldn’t stand for this return at Hargreaves Lansdown so why is it ok for 20,000 paying punters at the Gate?

Boom.  

30 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If you’re embarrassed to say you support us whilst we’re 9th in the championship how on earth did you cope when we were bottom of league one? 

Showing your (young) age there, seen us clawing our way back from Division 4, now that was a team and manager with fight. Funnily enough expectations are slightly higher now we’re not paying players in cod lots and a packet of quavers. 

2 hours ago, Langford Red said:

Today embarrassed to say My team is Bristol City

But I know it is because of Clueless LJ

I've had power moments but never embarrassed to say I'm a City Fan.....its one game at the start of a mini-season after an extended period.....winners and losers.....today we lost.....onwards and upwards. 

I'm not particularly happy with the result either....but...its the way it goes sometimes. 

(Tin hat on...gum shield in)

2 hours ago, Langford Red said:

Or get rid

Hi Bicester red no change of name can cover up your drivel, never see you on here after a win.

its not great and LJ May have taken us as far as he can but could be a lot worse, oh and I know you don’t have a season ticket.

1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

I've had power moments but never embarrassed to say I'm a City Fan.....its one game at the start of a mini-season after an extended period.....winners and losers.....today we lost.....onwards and upwards. 

I'm not particularly happy with the result either....but...its the way it goes sometimes. 

(Tin hat on...gum shield in)

I agree, this whole thing is odd must be difficult for the players of every team. I’m not pissed off I’d written the season off already. We won’t go down and we won’t go up so meh.

12 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Showing your (young) age there, seen us clawing our way back from Division 4, now that was a team and manager with fight. Funnily enough expectations are slightly higher now we’re not paying players in cod lots and a packet of quavers. 

Yep, only been watching us for 15 years now, so very much a youngster. 

Totally get that expectations are higher now, does that make me embarrassed that we are where we are? Nope, and surprised anyone would be 

Just now, JBFC II said:

Yep, only been watching us for 15 years now, so very much a youngster. 

Totally get that expectations are higher now, does that make me embarrassed that we are where we are? Nope, and surprised anyone would be 

I’ll never be embarrassed. I grew up in Manchester and always had my City shirt on in the very early 80’s, took a lot of shit for that. With all the investment though, crikey the days of Beryl sorting my family’s away tickets out seems a long way from here.

I guess I dislike us being bland. For my entire life (I don’t remember the L1 days, I was just old enough to watch, and remember, the plummet), we’ve been the plucky underdogs. We’ve spent the money and we’re just ‘beige’ now apart from the Manc cup games.

The game didn’t annoy me, Johnson’s interview did.

1 hour ago, mossey said:

It’s not that we lost that’s upsetting and annoying people, it’s how we lost, and played.

Exactly, I could quite easily accept a narrow defeat to Blackburn. They're decent (although they didn't look especially slick today).

It's the abject manner of the defeat. It was sloppy, slapdash, wayward, disjointed, clumsy, tentative, incohesive, disorganised...

Even in the circumstances of recent times I didn't expect City, who should be fired up for a promotion push, to collapse so meekly. 

1 hour ago, CityBS15 said:

Get a grip you melts.... We lost today, Blackburn were superior in the 2nd half!! Everyone losing their shit on here is quite embarrassing, we ain't gonna win every game.... Judge the bloke at the end of the season yeah, gobshites

Thought provoking post....?

3 hours ago, Langford Red said:

Or get rid

More and more I get the impression there’s a lack of accountability across the whole club, on and off the pitch, and a worrying culture where those left to run Bristol Sport / City are happy to pat themselves on the back for a great job and block out any criticism. Not really surprising when the only qualification of the man tasked with overall responsibility is that he’s the owner’s son. 

Its not the defeat but the manner in which it happened.

Clueless tactics.

Clueless tactics.

Clueless tactics.

Clueless tactics.

Clueless tactics.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

As said its a combination, he's improved league position every season so it meets your criteria of success and table finish so far, if we finish top 8 or so again he'll be around next season imo because of the disruption caused by lockdown etc, would be harsh to get the sack for missing out in a season involving it.

I partly agree but the lockdown gave us the opportunity to return with a full & fit squad that should perform & were expected to be better than they were. I'm not knocking your post, its just the facts as I see them.

11 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I get the sentiment and there is merit in your point. But we weren’t fighting for a play off place today or for the last ten or so games before lockdown. We were/are a bit of a turgid mess and I can’t see how anyone can say otherwise.

i think we know where we are now. If Johnson is here next season we know that deep down lansdown is happy with being a mid table side and is just paying lip service to promotion. That’s fine but the biggest problem in my eyes is that Johnson’s football is unwatchable. Especially at home.

Passion amongst the fans is waning because for too long there's been so little to get excited about when we turn up to watch City at AG.

When ST sales drop, and crowds dwindle - as they surely will imo. -  SL will no doubt voice his disappointment.

But as a fellow spectator deep down he will know precisely why.

Change is needed - either of the coach himself, or to the consistently dire fare his team produces at AG.

10 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And if the home form picks up we have a good chance of getting in the top 6, what’s your point?

You really think that will happen [improved home form]? 

We've won 20 out of 51 games played at Ashton Gate since December 2017. Our current form [carried on from where we left off in March, Fulham apart], in terms of success and style is atrocious : 5 points from 8 games. Do you really think we can muster 17 points, the absolute minimum, from the next 8 games. That is a minimum of 5 wins and would allow for just one defeat.

Sadly this season is over. At 2.00 PM yesterday I actually felt a sense of optimism. As always - City never fail to disappoint.

Archived