IGNORED

who has the bigger balls sl or jl

big dosser

I work in Chepstow and a few of my colleagues are lifelong City gents, we laugh and joke about things City related all the time but one thing we all think is that somebody in the Johnson household must have something on Sir Steve as no other club would put up with his mediocrity for as long as we have. 
LJ is holding this club back as he simply is not up to the task at hand.

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Miss the play offs and lj is gone, year on year progression dictates it , roll your sleeves up and fight for your job in the last 8 - 11 games lj.

Possibly, but don’t be too sure.  Next season could be exciting if O’Leary, Walsh, Vyner and Morrell get games.  I’d sacrifice a few positions in the table to see a side with a few home-grown youngsters in it...

2 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

I work in Chepstow and a few of my colleagues are lifelong City gents, we laugh and joke about things City related all the time but one thing we all think is that somebody in the Johnson household must have something on Sir Steve as no other club would put up with his mediocrity for as long as we have. 
LJ is holding this club back as he simply is not up to the task at hand.

Very well said. I’m not sure though if its mediocrity within or if its any of them not knowing or feeling the top flight of football when we were in the old division one in the 70s. I’m getting old in the tooth and i dream of every season this is the line but it just doesn’t happen. There are many City supporters in Bristol, many live in other  parts of the UK that now live in different counties and even those of us that are die hard City supporters around the world.  We all dream and most likely will have to keep dreaming bit i bloody hope we get Prem football and euro football at the gate in the next few seasons. The chances of that though are slim unless there is a big shake up at the club. 

53 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Possibly, but don’t be too sure.  Next season could be exciting if O’Leary, Walsh, Vyner and Morrell get games.  I’d sacrifice a few positions in the table to see a side with a few home-grown youngsters in it...

Forget Vyner.. 

League one's the limit for him..

3 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Miss the play offs and lj is gone, year on year progression dictates it , roll your sleeves up and fight for your job in the last 8 - 11 games lj.

Teeeeccchhhhnically we could finish 7th and it would be year on year progression....

4 hours ago, bengalcub said:

I think you may be right. I’ve even heard LJ saying that the play offs is the minimum requirement this season. So I’m not convinced that he will be here next season if we don’t make the top 6. The only mitigation argument is Afobe’s injury; but every team has to cope with that so I’m not convinced that Ashton and Lansdown will put up with not making the play offs.

45 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think you’re wrong.  I’ve followed Zak Vyner due to a personal connection for several years, and I believe he could be a very good player indeed.  But let’s wait and see...

He could but not under lj , he completed his loan at rotherham and then got bombed out to Aberdeen, then yestersay lj said hes only on the bench because hes home grown , no need to state that but could of said hes their on merit also.

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Next season could be exciting if O’Leary, Walsh, Vyner and Morrell get games.  I’d sacrifice a few positions in the table to see a side with a few home-grown youngsters in it...

In a post Covid19 world, the 4 players mentioned could end getting serious game time next season. In uncertain times with regards to football financing, it's good that we have a production line of home grown talent that might just cut it. Like you, I would love to see a team full of academy players. 

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I'm really not getting this Walsh, Vyner & Morrell love in.  O'Leary is a yes from me but the others...nah

Archived