IGNORED

Adam Nagy

SouthStand Sandwich

It doesn't sound positive at all does it. A real shame as I think there is a serious player in there if we can get him injury free. Was really hoping with a full preseason he'd be an important player for us next year, seeing the sort of second season improvement we saw from Eliasson.

Gut feeling is that he's struggling to settle here. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave at the end of the season. Shame, because I think he could be a good player for us.

On a side note, why have we assembled a centre midfield consisting solely of smaller players. Where's the balance?! Frustrating.

Dont buy any more players from Italy. Whether it's the club overexaggerated propaganda or what attracting them but the reality is no one who has lived in Italy would rather live in Bristol. Djuric, Nagy, Magnussen. All sound great, all couldn't hack it here professionally and or sociologically.  

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Dont buy any more players from Italy. Whether it's the club overexaggerated propaganda or what attracting them but the reality is no one who has lived in Italy would rather live in Bristol. Djuric, Nagy, Magnussen. All sound great, all couldn't hack it here professionally and or sociologically.  

I think that is a little harsh on Magnussen as he did settle the issue was really whether he was a CB or LB.

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pisano did well, fans loved him and he wanted to stay. Thought he deserved another year tbh.

1 hour ago, ChubStixx said:

Gut feeling is that he's struggling to settle here. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave at the end of the season. Shame, because I think he could be a good player for us.

On a side note, why have we assembled a centre midfield consisting solely of smaller players. Where's the balance?! Frustrating.

To be honest, lockdown won’t have helped on that. It’s the case that everyone has been reassessing their priorities at this time, and I can quite easily see how someone who wasn’t fully settled before would have that magnified by what’s happened. Don’t know whether he spent lockdown here, in Italy or in Hungary but whichever way, it’s a lot of time to think.

Guess I’m saying I can see how from a human angle it’d make a lot of sense

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be honest, lockdown won’t have helped on that. It’s the case that everyone has been reassessing their priorities at this time, and I can quite easily see how someone who wasn’t fully settled before would have that magnified by what’s happened. Don’t know whether he spent lockdown here, in Italy or in Hungary but whichever way, it’s a lot of time to think.

Guess I’m saying I can see how from a human angle it’d make a lot of sense

He was in Hungary I believe. I seem to remember a story about him flying back when training restarted. He was also giving interviews to the Hungarian media.

I expect @Hunsupport can confirm one way or the other,

7 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Be great if we could recoup what we paid for him with Walsh and Morrell coming back next season. Another pointless Johnson / Ashton signing that blocked the “pathway” they love to go on about. 

Completely agree with this. No idea why we signed Nagy, a completely unnecessary signing in my opinion and certainly blocked the pathway for both Walsh and Morrell.

Morrell had only played a handful of games but to me looked reasonably comfortable at this level.

I really hope Morrell and Walsh are a regular part of the team next season.

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He was in Hungary I believe. I seem to remember a story about him flying back when training restarted. He was also giving interviews to the Hungarian media.

I expect @Hunsupport can confirm one way or the other,

Yeah, after the first 2 weeks he came home and flew back 10-14 days before the trainings re-started. And tbh if anything he seemed much more settled than before, at least that was prettey clear impression during his interviews. He was very eager to go back and he looked happy during training videos as well. Also he had a brief interview cca. 1 week ago and he stated that didn't have any pain or symptoms during the trainings and games so it seems his ankle problem is in the past as well. He also left his girlfreind behind in Budapest so she could look after both their parents while he can focus onlys on the task at hand. Believe me, he sounded over the moon happy about the restart in Bristol.

It's awkvard as seemingly he is not injured, if he is why wouldn't he just say so (not ruling out an extreme household accident but not likely), so I can only imagine 3 reasons for his dismissal: 

1, positive COVID (that could only happen on Thursday so that makes LJ comment on next Sunday false as that's the 10th so he could only back on training next Monday after negative test

2, some sudden personal /family problem (that again is controversial as if it was serious we should have flew home which immediately rules him out for several weeks because of the quarantine protocol)

3, as Davefevs wrote in another topic maybe a bid came in for him which the club fancies and they decided for him to sit this out and think it through. I listened to that interview 3 times, LJ sounded to me like the decision not play him was out of his hands.

Ive had the feeling that things have not been the same since he aggravated his injury playing for Hungary when not fit enough to play for us.

50 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Completely agree with this. No idea why we signed Nagy, a completely unnecessary signing in my opinion and certainly blocked the pathway for both Walsh and Morrell.

Morrell had only played a handful of games but to me looked reasonably comfortable at this level.

I really hope Morrell and Walsh are a regular part of the team next season.

I think Nagy is a good technical player, but we really need a different midfield set up to get the best of him.  I would sacrifice him (not in a Whicker Man way ???) to get a Morrell and Walsh in our set up (sink or swim), even more room with Henriksen not a candidate to return next season now that he’s been released.

I still reserve judgement on Walsh, but hope he can show more like he did v Stoke.  Morrell proved he has the game in those games he played the season before and can up his game as proved for Wales. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

33 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

Yeah, after the first 2 weeks he came home and flew back 10-14 days before the trainings re-started. And tbh if anything he seemed much more settled than before, at least that was prettey clear impression during his interviews. He was very eager to go back and he looked happy during training videos as well. Also he had a brief interview cca. 1 week ago and he stated that didn't have any pain or symptoms during the trainings and games so it seems his ankle problem is in the past as well. He also left his girlfreind behind in Budapest so she could look after both their parents while he can focus onlys on the task at hand. Believe me, he sounded over the moon happy about the restart in Bristol.

It's awkvard as seemingly he is not injured, if he is why wouldn't he just say so (not ruling out an extreme household accident but not likely), so I can only imagine 3 reasons for his dismissal: 

1, positive COVID (that could only happen on Thursday so that makes LJ comment on next Sunday false as that's the 10th so he could only back on training next Monday after negative test

yes, although LJ wouldn’t want to give away any player news to Sheffield Wednesday ahead if next Sunday.

2, some sudden personal /family problem (that again is controversial as if it was serious we should have flew home which immediately rules him out for several weeks because of the quarantine protocol)

3, as Davefevs wrote in another topic maybe a bid came in for him which the club fancies and they decided for him to sit this out and think it through. I listened to that interview 3 times, LJ sounded to me like the decision not play him was out of his hands.

I was wondering if you would pick up on my post elsewhere.  I’m now a bit worried that you haven’t dismissed it as “a load of rubbish”!!!

I don't know if he could give us a boost in midfield, but surely not having him in the team would be a blow, especially after Henriksen's departure. This would leave Smith & Massengo as starters and the duo Vyner-Rowe as second choices: not good enough IMO...

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Don’t worry, we have Walsh and Morrell to come in next season!

Well they fit Lee’s self-image but which of these options is more likely:

- Lee gives not one but two young players a chance

- Lee buys more over priced mediocrity, no better than we already have

I like Nagy. After yesterday’s inept team and performance I have given up already. Sad but wtf was that. 

next season we have Walsh Morrell Nagy HNM Smith if retained Patterson the other young lads doing well. Plus Elliason ...Who have I missed in midfield please feel free to add. 

what are we obviously missing?

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Nagy is a good technical player, but we really need a different midfield set up to get the best of him.  I would sacrifice him (not in a Whicker Man way ???) to get a Morrell and Walsh in our set up (sink or swim), even more room with Henriksen not a candidate to return next season now that he’s been released.

I still reserve judgement on Walsh, but hope he can show more like he did v Stoke.  Morrell proved he has the game in those games he played the season before and can up his game as proved for Wales. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

As for the "maybe an offer came in": there's a chance that we both think that because he was talking about Nagy after Henriksen's offers so the two just blurred together in our minds. I would be surprised by a positive test btw after travelling in and out 2 countries with mandatory testing and since then he had like 8 tests during this 'pre-season'. Also I'm not convinced that this self-testing is a reliable way at all...

Could just be as simple as Nagy felt unwell on Friday. Perhaps nothing to do with COVID. Even if mild COVID symptoms, City may not have had the results of any test yesterday hence LJ said he hoped to be available next Sunday (if negative). I liked the look of Nagy before his injury (I remember a number on here saying ‘Pack who? as a result) and I’m hoping he is fully fit. 

23 minutes ago, eardun said:

Could just be as simple as Nagy felt unwell on Friday. Perhaps nothing to do with COVID. Even if mild COVID symptoms, City may not have had the results of any test yesterday hence LJ said he hoped to be available next Sunday (if negative). I liked the look of Nagy before his injury (I remember a number on here saying ‘Pack who? as a result) and I’m hoping he is fully fit. 

Nagy is a much better player than Marlon Pack. 

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Why would he ?

If you lose something, surely you should look for it?

Car keys are my speciality but I've occasionally lost my dressing gown as well, but never the dressing table or even a dressing room. Careless.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I like Nagy. After yesterday’s inept team and performance I have given up already. Sad but wtf was that. 

next season we have Walsh Morrell Nagy HNM Smith if retained Patterson the other young lads doing well. Plus Elliason ...Who have I missed in midfield please feel free to add. 

what are we obviously missing?

Quality of passing and defending.

Archived