IGNORED

Taxi For Bentley!

GingerClyde

I can understand Signing Bentley, just come of a really poor season, if you can get him back to his form of the years before you have signed a top keeper at this level for very little. For the first half of the season it looked like a good decision, but since the new year the errors have started to creep back in and have been steadily becoming more and more common. 

Nikki was in possession of the shirt before the break so should have been after barring injury. Especially considering Bents made another error in the Saints friendly. 

O'Leary surely has to be in with a chance of dislodging Bentley for that number 1 spot next season. 

Played 30 league games for Shrewsbury out of a possible 34. Must have really seen something in him. 

Felt from what we saw he was just as impressive a shot stopper as Bentley was at the start of this season. He would have improved dramatically at the other stuff with a full season of league football under his belt.

12 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Anyway if your Centre backs are dropping to the edge of the six yard box and not heading the globe thingy away what are they doing?

Social distancing?

What?

From what was being said in the forum yesterday, probably too busy deciding whether to have their mid-half scones Devon or Cornish style

I do not like to kick a man when he's down.............but Maenpaa had contrrol of the shirt prior to the break, and should have retained it.   Bentley was responsible for 2 of the conceded goals, and looks lacking in confidence.  Surely Nicky has to come back for the next game?  He has never let us down, and for me is the more reliable keeper.

4 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Like Massengo

And Nagy

Bentley started well.

Then LJ developed them ..

Anyway if your Centre backs are dropping to the edge of the six yard box and not heading the globe thingy away what are they doing?

Social distancing?

What?

Your posting style is definitely socially distanced ! 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of reasons.... ?

When I spoke to him the impression I got was for his development. Looking at his history hasnt exactly played much throughout his career 

1 hour ago, Lez said:

When I spoke to him the impression I got was for his development. Looking at his history hasnt exactly played much throughout his career 

Which suggests he was happy getting paid good money to sit on the bench. 

5 hours ago, marcofisher said:

O'Leary surely has to be in with a chance of dislodging Bentley for that number 1 spot next season. 

Played 30 league games for Shrewsbury out of a possible 34. Must have really seen something in him. 

Felt from what we saw he was just as impressive a shot stopper as Bentley was at the start of this season. He would have improved dramatically at the other stuff with a full season of league football under his belt.

Max proved himself Championship capable last season.  Bit of work to do on his kicking, especially the speed and speed of thought of opposition attackers in terms of not giving it straight to them.  Not quite ready to be number 1, but sometimes you have to be no2 to be ready to take your chance....like he did last season.

He has to be no2 next season or move on permanently.  Cannot see any benefit in him going on loan again.

No2 to Bentley and let Mäenpää go, or move on Bentley and give Mäenpää one final season, so Max takes over in 21/22, or earlier if need be.

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Question I have is why did Maenpaa let himself sit on the bench for Brighton for God knows how many years

It was only two years, one as deputy to Matt Ryan the other to Stockdake.  Came to Brighton to have a shot at the Prem.

5 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Like Massengo

And Nagy

Bentley started well.

Then LJ developed them ..

Social distancing?

What?

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree. We've seen varied players tail off after a reasonable or good start here in the last couple of years.

For me DB should stay in goal for the season. Quicker off his line, always looking to shift the ball early, not his fault if he’s not got the options and players don’t find the space. When you have a good goalie who likes to play out from the back, it’s all about options and defenders dropping in to get the ball or midfielders showing. 

a goalkeeper is always a easy target. Just like yesterday everyone blaming him for the first goal, if I’m a defender I take control in the 6 yard box no matter if he calls it gets sent long!

Max should be our keeper for the rest of the season, his loan is over, he's had a far more consistent season than Bentley making far fewer mistakes,

Bentley to me was always the club taking a punt hoping they could get him back to the level he was at 3 season back when some prem sides where Looking at him sadly it's looking more and more like he's never going to get his head right and hit those high levels again , 

5 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Max should be our keeper for the rest of the season, his loan is over, he's had a far more consistent season than Bentley making far fewer mistakes,

Bentley to me was always the club taking a punt hoping they could get him back to the level he was at 3 season back when some prem sides where Looking at him sadly it's looking more and more like he's never going to get his head right and hit those high levels again , 

Hate to tell you, Max isn’t eligible.

We all want promotion yet some are saying O Leary should be starting next season.

He has yet to play in the champ on a regular basis and while did well for us in his spell last season he also looked very ropey at times.

A good champ loan for him would be perfect towards the lower end as I doubt clubs will be in for him as a starting keeper.

As for Bentley, initially outstanding but been awful since crimbo

17 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Ok instead of trying to look cleaver why not just answer with a simple answer to a simple question , what u has posted means nothing to me , 

It’s been all over OTIB, You are probably the 300th (seriously) person to ask....but basically you cannot transfer a players registration from one club (Shrewsbury) to another (Bristol City) outside a transfer window.  It makes no difference that Max is our player, we transferred (temporarily) his registration to Shrewsbury last summer.  Same if Benik went to Stoke, he couldn’t play for them.

Archived