IGNORED

Taxi For Bentley!

GingerClyde

Massively disappointed with him yesterday. I think he basically has it all as a keeper. He needs to fix his performance level. These errors creep into his game and confidence just seems to ebb away. 

I don't think any player is above criticism from yesterday. 

From top to bottom management, players and coaching staff, we were totally underprepared and undercooked. 

All the clips on Robins TV from LJ and team said we did the best possible preparations and that the lads were ready to go...  How wrong they were. 

12 hours ago, winsaw said:

Ok instead of trying to look cleaver why not just answer with a simple answer to a simple question , what u has posted means nothing to me , 

It's easy..........you just  do what i just did, you go to efl.com, it's very educational

Joe hart is a good example of how fast a goalkeepers stock can fall.

Few bad months, lost his place at man city and england.

His confidence never returned.

And that other guy let the ball through his legs against croatia robinson was it?

He never looked the same, no hiding place in that postion.

22 hours ago, GingerClyde said:

After Bentley's delightful showing yesterday, I think its time Max was given the time between the sticks for us to start coping with Championship life. That or Joe Hart seems to be free now this summer! 

Hart is worse than Bentley. The question is, why is Bentley now playing crap? 

22 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Like Massengo

And Nagy

Bentley started well.

Then LJ developed them ..

Anyway if your Centre backs are dropping to the edge of the six yard box and not heading the globe thingy away what are they doing?

Social distancing?

What?

Very true. We train the talent and confidence out of players who come to us

SL can't or won't see this and so we continue from year to year under-achieving. In this way his control over the Club remains intact, unchallenged by a top-flight manager who would insist on big changes.

Obviously does not have it in his head to recover when things go wrong, my golf game is the same.

He had a fresh start here, so was ok at first.
I prefer a keeper who commands the area and does the basics well (NM). Bentley is a good shot stopper and can distribute it very well most of the time, but a lot of his good saves follow his mistakes and not coming for crosses etc. Like a good referee you don’t notice solid keepers so much as they don’t need to make the showy saves.

57 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Bentley has been our best player this season hes the main reason we are 2 points off the play offs considering we got the worst goal difference in top half table 

Two words ‘ has been ‘ . 
He probably needs time out to address certain obvious problems with his game and hope he can get his mojo back .

1 hour ago, Highguy said:

Bentley has been our best player this season hes the main reason we are 2 points off the play offs considering we got the worst goal difference in top half table 

But he looks like he’s lost confidence, he was out of form and making mistakes quite a lot post-Xmas, certainly in the context of how well he had played up til then.  He had been replaced (initially through injury) as a result.

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Joe hart is a good example of how fast a goalkeepers stock can fall.

Few bad months, lost his place at man city and england.

His confidence never returned.

And that other guy let the ball through his legs against croatia robinson was it?

He never looked the same, no hiding place in that postion.

Hart lost out at Man City due to tactical reasons too IIRC. Pep wasn't confident in his ability to play out from the back and he certainly wasn't a sweeper keeper.

That aspect aside, I'd have Maenpaa between now and end of season. Maenpaa's shirt to lose IMO.

Excuse the "lazy journalism", but I have copied my post from a previous thread as the comments seem more appropriate on this one.  A poster had suggested that LJ might have played Ronaldo at full back or even in goal, this was my reply:-

"After Bentley's shocking displays since Fulham away, and I say that having been really impressed with him until then, I think Ronaldo would have done better!  Bentley seems to have an LJ trait which apparently dogged him last season at Brentford, of streaks of brilliance for weeks/months on end, followed by week/months of total incompetence, unable to function at a basic level of standard performance.  Ironically, I think that Blackburn/Millwall in December at home he suddenly got de-railed from being one of the best keepers in the league to a total mess of a GK whose confidence was shot for many games, which unfortunately carried on, and reached a critical low today.  The 1st thing that LJ must do is rest the lad for his own good, and get Nikki back, DB's howlers today affected the defence (and ultimately the whole team) in a game changing way.

He was obviously not the only poor performer, and I really want him to do well for us, but since December he has seemed incapable of the basic goalkeeping necessity of commanding his defence."

In short, he has been a liability since before Christmas, and it only seems to be getting worse if the Blackburn game is anything to go by.  And it has seriously affected the confidence of the whole team. If the head coach cannot see it, there is little hope!

18 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Excuse the "lazy journalism", but I have copied my post from a previous thread as the comments seem more appropriate on this one.  A poster had suggested that LJ might have played Ronaldo at full back or even in goal, this was my reply:-

"After Bentley's shocking displays since Fulham away, and I say that having been really impressed with him until then, I think Ronaldo would have done better!  Bentley seems to have an LJ trait which apparently dogged him last season at Brentford, of streaks of brilliance for weeks/months on end, followed by week/months of total incompetence, unable to function at a basic level of standard performance.  Ironically, I think that Blackburn/Millwall in December at home he suddenly got de-railed from being one of the best keepers in the league to a total mess of a GK whose confidence was shot for many games, which unfortunately carried on, and reached a critical low today.  The 1st thing that LJ must do is rest the lad for his own good, and get Nikki back, DB's howlers today affected the defence (and ultimately the whole team) in a game changing way.

He was obviously not the only poor performer, and I really want him to do well for us, but since December he has seemed incapable of the basic goalkeeping necessity of commanding his defence."

In short, he has been a liability since before Christmas, and it only seems to be getting worse if the Blackburn game is anything to go by.  And it has seriously affected the confidence of the whole team. If the head coach cannot see it, there is little hope!

Didn't mean to give the snake reaction, thumbs up! 

On 21/06/2020 at 13:49, GingerClyde said:

From what was being said in the forum yesterday, probably too busy deciding whether to have their mid-half scones Devon or Cornish style

On that note - the Cornish music festival was cancelled, they couldn’t decide whether The Jam or Cream should go on first ...?

On 21/06/2020 at 22:19, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Any one City Player can be at the same time both saviour and scapegoat. Call it Ashton Gate's Cat :P

Schrödinger's City - we can be 9th after playing like ruptured ducks on Saturday and still convinced we'll be promoted. The compensations of quantum mechanics...... could you support any non-top five Premiership football team without it?

Archived