IGNORED

Massengo

On 24/06/2020 at 10:05, Super said:

Looks way out of his depth.

Totally agree player offers nothing gives a ball and marks a player instead of finding space to receive the ball again , have you ever seen him have a shot in anger - no because he doesn’t move ,not strong enough in tackle , I don’t get this only a kid ball shit they never used to say that about Rooney in the premier ffs stop wrapping people up in cotton wool if their not good enough drop em 

The third award winner is him.

Well, LJ didn't launch many youngsters this season, so Han-Noah didn't have many rivals. ? That being said, I guess he showed some skills but also that he's not ready to be a key player: he's young and can improve, hopefully in our team.

1 minute ago, James54De said:

Who’s paying a fee that we would accept for him. No one on his showing this season. 

Massengo - People are willing to pay crazy fees for potential just look at that Bellingcat fella.

Famara - has Middle East/China written all over it.

10 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if our Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season are both gone by the end of the month.

Crikey, both these players leaving, problems with the sponsor!! Happy with Hughton or would this be a bad move? 

I don't see Massengo going anywhere soon and it's very unlikely he will attract the sort of bid that saw Bellingham go to Dortmund, who may be looking at balancing books by selling Sancho. Both Han Noah and his family seem happy with his progress and living here. 

Fammy could be a different story but I don't see it being China as that gravy train may be stopping. Certainly the Chinese are clamping down on their clubs spending. 

Would guess players sold (last year contract or good offer) 

Elliasson 7-8mil
Fammy 4-5mil
Massengo 10-12mil

Its a shame Fammy and Elliasson will no doubt be leaving as they could really suit Hughton’s favoured 442/433 as he tends to play with wingers and a target man - obv IF he joins!!! Massengo has shown glimpses of talent and I’m sure he will be star in future, however I just feel we have enough talented youngsters and money would be better spent on established centre midfielder who can control centre of pitch. 

7 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Elliasson 7-8mil
Fammy 4-5mil
Massengo 10-12mil

Its a shame Fammy and Elliasson will no doubt be leaving as they could really suit Hughton’s favoured 442/433 as he tends to play with wingers and a target man - obv IF he joins!!! Massengo has shown glimpses of talent and I’m sure he will be star in future, however I just feel we have enough talented youngsters and money would be better spent on established centre midfielder who can control centre of pitch. 

Eliason could stay if the new manager likes him and sells his style to the player.

1 minute ago, brad blit said:

Elliasson 7-8mil
Fammy 4-5mil
Massengo 10-12mil

We are living in frugal times due to the affect of the lockdown. Big clubs might still be prepared to pay big fees for established stars, but I’m not so sure about the lesser clubs and lesser players. I don’t feel any of Elliasson, 
Fammy, or Massengo are likely to go to a big club, so the amount City will receive is likely to be less than pre lockdown. Fammy would be a safe bet for a club as he’s played regularly as you know what you are getting. Eliasson and Massengo are more of a risk as they have potential but not, at the moment, consistency. 

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

Elliasson 7-8mil
Fammy 4-5mil
Massengo 10-12mil

Cannot see Elliason leaving for that much. Also Massengo surely hasn’t gone from £2.5m to £10m in a year 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm still very excited about Massengo.

Played a season at 18. First season in English football in a very tough league.

Had some outstanding performances. Some dodgy performances.

He's just turned 19. He isn't even close the his prime. It could be 5 years before we see a much more physically developed player playing close to his prime.

I wonder whether a new role could be best for him. Or maybe it's simply a case of playing an extra midfielder to have more passing options and more freedom.

Interested to see what the new manager does with him.

Moi aussi, mon ami!

I'm watching with interest the reaction to Vyner's recent form, which has on the whole been very glowing. But Vyner is making his fair share of errors too and I wonder how much grace he will be given before people start to be impatient with him too.

My hunch is that Hughton will like Massengo, but we shall see.

Not sure why Massengo is getting singled out; his season has followed the same path as most other players: plenty of promise early on, fading into mediocrity as the season wore on. So if that applies to everyone, why is the teenager getting brunt of it? What's more likely? Highly rated teenager turns out to be shit or team goes stale under manager and collectively lose form?

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Somebody said on a thread, he has 1 goal assist all season.

Is this correct?

I really cant see him in the team next year.

He should never have been chucked straight in the team.

If clubs judged CMs on their goals/assists stats:

Man City won't play Fernandinho next season.

Chelsea won't play Kovacic.

United won't play Matic.

Leicester won't play Ndidi.

Southampton won't play Hojbjerg.

And none of these were 18 this season.

Not getting on his here hes a kid.

Its a thread about massengo, to discuss him.

So for instance, would you play somebody in midfield who consistently scores, and makes goals, over somebody who doesnt?

Age and transfer fee will not come into it with a guy like ch.

Just look at some of the names he dealt with at newcastle for instance.

6 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Somebody said on a thread, he has 1 goal assist all season.

Is this correct?

I really cant see him in the team next year.

He should never have been chucked straight in the team.

The plan was to ease him in gently....but Nagy got injured in his 3rd match, and he got thrown in.  Initially he did well, but the Champ is unforgiving and relentless and I think it caught up with him.  There are only half a dozen 19s and under (Massengo was 18 until this month) who played that amount of minutes.  He’s giving players like Morrell and Vyner 4 years and they’ve not established themselves yet.  In some respects, poor midfield planning from LJ.

5 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Not getting on his here hes a kid.

Its a thread about massengo, to discuss him.

So for instance, would you play somebody in midfield who consistently scores, and makes goals, over somebody who doesnt?

Age and transfer fee will not come into it with a guy like ch.

Just look at some of the names he dealt with at newcastle for instance.

Even the richest and best clubs on the planet have CMs who play every week that don't get goals or assists.

You couldn't have a midfield of Grealish, Maddison and Mount for example.

If he was playing as a CAM or number 10 that would be different.

At 18/19 we're still waiting to see what type of midfielder he's going to turn into

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The plan was to ease him in gently....but Nagy got injured in his 3rd match, and he got thrown in.  Initially he did well, but the Champ is unforgiving and relentless and I think it caught up with him.  There are only half a dozen 19s and under (Massengo was 18 until this month) who played that amount of minutes.  He’s giving players like Morrell and Vyner 4 years and they’ve not established themselves yet.  In some respects, poor midfield planning from LJ.

My main concern is that it will take him a few years to get up to speed with the league.....by this time he will be off anyway, this was always seen my Han and his representatives as a a stepping stone I cant see any situation where he is here beyond his contract.

I know it isn't finalised but there's been a lot of talk about Hughton. I think he could love Massengo. His teams always seem disciplined off the ball and are organised when pressing. Han-Noah isn't a creative type there to get assists but he does press the ball well and I think he could be good in transition both running with the ball and finding team mates with a pass. I'm sure like everyone else he'd look better with better movement from the rest of the team, something we've struggled with all season I think. In short, I'm still hopeful we've got a lot of talent there. 

But.. let's appreciate it's his first year in a new league and country, he's still very young and is playing at a high standard with high demands. He's doing fine and let's not be too critical or put too much pressure on for the time being. 

52 minutes ago, Chris Casanova said:

My main concern is that it will take him a few years to get up to speed with the league.....by this time he will be off anyway, this was always seen my Han and his representatives as a a stepping stone I cant see any situation where he is here beyond his contract.

I totally get what you’re saying.  Up to new manager to get the best out of him whilst he’s here.

Well if you are going to compare us to the richest clubs, every week.

Then i could state many examples of creative goalscorers who do create goals and score on a regular basis.

When you say you are waiting what sort of player he turns into, does that mean hes not ready yet?

So that means you agree with me?

Archived