IGNORED

The trusted ones

Snufflelufagus

1 minute ago, Snufflelufagus said:

So afters LJs announcement that we are going back to players who he trusts who do we think are on the trusted list? The other thing I would ask is why they weren't 'trusted' for yesterday?

How many times has the numpty said this? Clue. A lot!

The ones he trusts. Well Weimann (who I think is a very good player despite some of the shit that gets written here) and please for the love of God Maenpaa!!

Desilva and Hunt, Ashley Williams. Then I would say Afobe and Wells. Smith as we have no one else that's any good in that spot. Fill in the blanks that don't include Baker Elliason Perera 

Reid, Bryan, Pack, Brownhill - ahh well. Perhaps we ought to keep the players he trusts and sell the ones he doesn’t. We may struggle to put a team out next Sunday unless Korey can be cloned. Agree that it’s a daft thing to say though (as others have said on other threads) and really he doesn’t mean it given that he said a couple of days ago that his squad is great etc. I just put it down to heat of the moment comments after a poor performance. Trouble is he may think it works given it did for him after the 5-0 defeat v Preston a few years ago.

17 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Bought 50 plus players and still doesn’t trust a team, well Johnson i don’t trust you.

Sums it up in a sentence.

He just makes himself look stupid with these trust comments as he's identified, recruited, trained and coached every player in the team and then selected them from a pool of 39 to play in a team & formation of his choosing and tactics that he dictates that he must think the selected players will fit into . He then gave them - his words - a big motivational speech in the dressing room .

So he's just admitting that he can't do his job very well.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

How many times has the numpty said this? Clue. A lot!

The ones he trusts. Well Weimann (who I think is a very good player despite some of the shit that gets written here) and please for the love of God Maenpaa!!

Desilva and Hunt, Ashley Williams. Then I would say Afobe and Wells. Smith as we have no one else that's any good in that spot. Fill in the blanks that don't include Baker Elliason Perera 

You said it mate and If true this means that he doesn't trust anybody except Korey in midfield. And that's what looks like the core of our problems, aside that is from having a manager who doesn't know what he is doing. We have one of the most potent strike forces in the League who seldom get the ball.

Wish we could have a banner at the Gate :

"Who do you trust and who trusts you?"

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

You said it mate and If true this means that he doesn't trust anybody except Korey in midfield. And that's what looks like the core of our problems, aside that is from having a manager who doesn't know what he is doing. We have one of the most potent strike forces in the League who seldom get the ball.

Wish we could have a banner at the Gate :

"Who do you trust and who trusts you?"

I feel your pain. So rewind back to the beginning of the season. We had no Smith but HNM and Taylor Moore were doing brilliantly. Getting Ashley Williams was a good decision based on what was going on at the time. We had no Kalas but at times we looked good. Afobi getting injured was massive but we/I was saying when everyone is fit we have a shot. Fwd 9 months and we couldn’t find a pass or a tackle that mattered Kalas looks fat and gets beat , Bsker gets caught under the ball and Bentley Wtf. 

The decision to brink in Benko burger and toss Moore was madness. Bloke barely gets a spot on the bench Henrickson LMFAO. Wells is a brilliant player who must be regretting coming here and LJ has single handedly miss handled Diehdou to the point that he is expected to be your basic lamppost without willing runners. 

We were 3/1 down yesterday passing the ball across our own back line hoping that Palmer could conjour something from 55 yards. 

pissed off to right!

Next week, we will see 6/7/8 changes, the players will perform in front of the Sky cameras and LJ will be lapping it up.

I really do expect wholesale changes to personnel and system:

Maenpaa

Hunt / Kalas / Williams / Benkovic / Dasilva

Smith / Massengo

Paterson

Afobe / Wells

Only the ones in bold survive.  I would play Palmer over Pato personally.  Pereira has a thigh injury, I thought he did ok yesterday.

Shit or bust?  Could be the start of a streak.  I suspect we will be 5 points off 6th before we play, so really is a game to go for it.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Next week, we will see 6/7/8 changes, the players will perform in front of the Sky cameras and LJ will be lapping it up.

Maenpaa

Smith / Massengo

Paterson

Afobe / Wells

Only the ones in bold survive.  I would play Palmer over Pato personally.  Pereira has a thigh injury, I thought he did ok yesterday.

Shit or bust?  Could be the start of a streak.  I suspect we will be 5 points off 6th before we play, so really is a game to go for it.

I just wish Lee would come out and say we’re going to go for it - pick his best 11 and say **** it - this is us come and beat us 8 games mini season and in doing so back our players 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Maenpaa

Smith / Massengo

Paterson

Afobe / Wells

Only the ones in bold survive.  I would play Palmer over Pato personally.  Pereira has a thigh injury, I thought he did ok yesterday. if he

It'll be a terrible admission of failure if after preparing for 3 months for restarting the season , he rips it up and makes 7 changes.

After 4 years and 50+ signings he hasn't built anything consistent.  Apart from Smith I honestly can't say there is a single player nailed on to start the next game from yesterday's team and I would think that would be true even we had done ok.  Literally the team could be anything, GK who knows, back 4 or 3 or 5 ? Kalas and Baker...Williams and Bencovic, full backs? your guess is as good as mine, who had Rowe to start?    midfield 4 , 3, 5, diamond, 1 in behind Fam or Afobe or will it be Wells,   midfield ? toss a coin - might as well couldn't be any worse.  Right now LJ hasn't got a clue either.

After 4 years we've seen everything LJ has to offer in the job...................and he hasn't got enough. That's it.

53 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

The only player he trusts is the one player he didn’t buy, Korey Smith. Says it all 

As others have said - Davefevs? - he was left a decent squad by Cotts, needed strengthening yes, but a good core. Frankie Flint Pack Korey Ayling Wilbs etc& a very saleable asset in Kodjia. LJ repeatedly said he wanted his own team (3 windows !) and many of us said. let's see how he does when those Cotts players have moved on.

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

As others have said - Davefevs? - he was left a decent squad by Cotts, needed strengthening yes, but a good core. Frankie Flint Pack Korey Ayling Wilbs etc& a very saleable asset in Kodjia. LJ repeatedly said he wanted his own team (3 windows !) and many of us said. let's see how he does when those Cotts players have moved on.

If LJ was to go this summer, he too would leave a decent bunch of players, albeit unbalanced squad.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If LJ was to go this summer, he too would leave a decent bunch of players, albeit unbalanced squad.

Absolutely, good players. But he's not getting the best out of them. Neil Harris for example, not the first name in the frame for big jobs has just beaten Leeds.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Absolutely, good players. But he's not getting the best out of them. Neil Harris for example, not the first name in the frame for big jobs has just beaten Leeds.

I was laughed at when I pointed out what a great managerial appointment I thought Harris was.

Probably an obvious admission in saying Cardiff will end up above us, for a change!!!

Archived