IGNORED

Next weekend

harvey54

By the time we play on Sunday we could be 12th in the league with Derby and Millwall having winnable games on Saturday. Whilst I'm very much aware that we are within touching distance of the play offs still, the negativity on here would be hysterical. And then imagine if we lost to Sheff Weds......... ?

There are seven clubs from Preston in 6th to Derby in 12th position contesting that one outsider's shot at the play-offs. And only three points separate Preston from Derby.

We are in amongst it but with the worst GD and no form to speak of. And players the head coach struggles to trust.

It's difficult seeing us finishing top of this mini league of seven over these last eight games.

For me beating Wednesday is a must.

I know the usual people will say 'how can it be must win when there are 21 points still  to play for?'

But they will be proved wrong by the final table.

0-1 point from the first 2 games was never going to be enough to be in the race.

4 hours ago, harvey54 said:

By the time we play on Sunday we could be 12th in the league with Derby and Millwall having winnable games on Saturday. Whilst I'm very much aware that we are within touching distance of the play offs still, the negativity on here would be hysterical. And then imagine if we lost to Sheff Weds......... ?

And if myself auntie had bollo*ks she’d be my uncle 

7 hours ago, harvey54 said:

I think the way we've been playing heading back to pre lock down and the season being suspended suggests the play-offs are beyond us this season and if we did make it, the for me we wouldnt have deserved it on merit.

A mixture of poor tactics, the way we're set up to play and terrible performances by the players during the 90 minutes was enough for our season to be over a long time ago. 

Talk of making the playoffs is a strange one for me. Can't see it happening but I do admire those that dream to still be able to make it.

Archived