IGNORED

Stick to the Facts...

PFree

In an attempt to remain impartial, I've delved into some facts to see if we are actually making the progress some feel we are, interesting.

Over the last 10 games, our form sees us with a minus 6 goal difference and with only three wins, puts us 20th out of 24 teams.

Over the last 6 games, we have a minus 7 goal difference with no wins, puts us 23rd out of 24 teams.

Over the season, we have scored an average of 1.37 goals per game but conceded 1.47, we score every 66 minutes.

Possession wise, we have averaged 38% per game (includes home and away).

We average a shade over 4 shots on target per game or a shot on target every 23 minutes (less at home).

We have a clean sheet ratio of 26% when analysing all games this season.

We have scored 52 goals in 38 matches but conceded 56.

We are in 10th place with a negative goal difference but safe from relegation.

For me, my understanding was that 'progress' meant a top six finish this season, that's certainly how the senior team within the club positioned matters? We have therefore underachieved to date and year on year, I can see us ending the season going backwards.

These stats when combined with the standard of football and 'entertainment' at home this season, explain why I haven't looked forward to going to the Gate for quite a long time.

And yes, I have a,ready renewed our ST's for next year, not because I have confidence in LJ and the progress being made, it's out of loyalty to our club - we've been ST holders for 25 years after all..!

Archived