IGNORED

Coaching team

dunsteral

After yesterdays disastrous performance and result lots of supporters are quite rightly questioning whether we are on the right lines with LJ as head coach, but dont forget we have a management team of 3, which to me begs the question what are the other 2 bringing to the party.

It is reported that Aaron Wilbraham is recommending Dean Holden for the managers job at Bolton Wanderers and if i was Dean if it is offered i would accept it because if SL  does lose his  patience and pull the trigger on Lee Dean would almost certainly be out of work as well.

If Dean was to get the Bolton job i hope he takes Macca with him, because it is unbelievable how easy our defence concedes goals and as he is the defensive coach it is hard to see what Macca does all week in trying to improve our defensive record.

All 3 must go together if LJ ends up going - I am fearful that SL will think the two coaches could do a job and step up and nothing I see suggests that.

For starters how can they motivate? Both are so dull it is painful. 

We have proven championship quality defenders. Maybe we haven’t got the formation quite right or the personal. We should know by now what works best . Quite regular LJ taken off at least one full back and drops one the week after . He doesn’t seem to know does our LJ . Me I like defenders to defend but the modern way is they are all rounders 

10 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Not sure it's Maccas fault, the defence seem to be okay generally, it's just the lack of any type of midfield in front of them.

We’ve got the 6th worst defensive record in the league.

In all types of employment there is often a problem of recruiting people who are very similar resulting in a comfortable, but not necessarily successful, organisation. Good teams need a mix of skills, personalities and behaviour.  Much as I like SL, I think he is part of the problem, as I can’t imagine him working with and argumentative manager who would challenge his opinions. The  current set up seems to be a bit too comfortable. 

I struggle with this where SL is coming from with this. With the rugby Pat Lam is in charge, and guess what, with an undisputed leader in his field the results are clear for all to see. Why do we, on the footie side of things, have players on £20k a week and yet not a manager who has a pedigree. Isn’t it more important that the boss is superior, rather than the players - whole can be greater than the sum of the parts etc. Yes, LJ might have been the next upcoming success when SL appointed him, but even LJ’s most ardent fan would probably accept he hasn’t produced as much success as he would have liked in his time thus far. Why doesn’t SL want someone approaching a Pat Lam on this side of Bristol Sport....

if steve wants playoffs as a minimum this season then sadly lee will go at the end of the season. Saturday's performance was not good enough. it was not a one off we have had that sort of performance alot under lee. we have a great squad of players with some really good young lads coming through. A top coach would take us to the premiership. i feel we have missed a golden opportunity this season as this is not a great championship. i would pull the plug now and give a new man a chance to see what aquad he has snd give it a real go next srason. only my opinion. STAY SAVE ALL CITY FANS

I believe in consistency and giving a manager time to stamp his identity on his side. ..............but my pateince, along with many others is wearing thin.  LJ spent the period in training prior to the opening game supposedly building partnerships and cohesion?  He has had numerous transfer windows, and despite admittedly losing some important players, he has been given an adequate budget and ample time to mould a successful squad.  Also to produce a consistent pattern of play and tactical formations to achieve his aims, he has failed.  Our team is less than the sum of its parts, and no amount of bluster and waffling can deflect from that.  He has until the end of the next 8 games, to turn it around, he won't.  A new manager is needed to shake up the complacency and lack of motivation in our squad, I just hope SL puts ambition before sentiment, and dispenses with a manager who has brought the club stability, but apart from the occasional highpoint, not much else.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

In all types of employment there is often a problem of recruiting people who are very similar resulting in a comfortable, but not necessarily successful, organisation. Good teams need a mix of skills, personalities and behaviour.  Much as I like SL, I think he is part of the problem, as I can’t imagine him working with and argumentative manager who would challenge his opinions. The  current set up seems to be a bit too comfortable. 

He worked with Cotts but not for long ! 

If you lose games to teams with better players, we can all live with that. We must however, give ourselves the best chance possible and we simply aren't doing that. Blackburn looked like they'd played 2 or 3 games more than us. We weren't as well prepared. All our shortcomings were on full display Saturday. We just don't have the level of acumen required, on or off the pitch. 

2 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

I struggle with this where SL is coming from with this. With the rugby Pat Lam is in charge, and guess what, with an undisputed leader in his field the results are clear for all to see. Why do we, on the footie side of things, have players on £20k a week and yet not a manager who has a pedigree. Isn’t it more important that the boss is superior, rather than the players - whole can be greater than the sum of the parts etc. Yes, LJ might have been the next upcoming success when SL appointed him, but even LJ’s most ardent fan would probably accept he hasn’t produced as much success as he would have liked in his time thus far. Why doesn’t SL want someone approaching a Pat Lam on this side of Bristol Sport....

Bristol, and where they stand in the game of rugby, and City in football, are not comparable.

Bristol rugby club - a similar football club might be Everton, or Leeds, or Sheffield Wednesday.

City - a similar rugby club might be, er, have a look in one of the divisions below the one Bristol are in now and choose one you have barely, perhaps never, heard of.

Now imagine that very unsuccessful and not very well known rugby club appointing Pat Lam when Bris did. You can't. 

I think SL might if football's equivalent of Pat Lam was interested in coming here but he won't be

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Bristol, and where they stand in the game of rugby, and City in football, are not comparable.

Bristol rugby club - a similar football club might be Everton, or Leeds, or Sheffield Wednesday.

City - a similar rugby club might be, er, have a look in one of the divisions below the one Bristol are in now and choose one you have barely, perhaps never, heard of.

Now imagine that very unsuccessful and not very well known rugby club appointing Pat Lam when Bris did. You can't. 

I think SL might if football's equivalent of Pat Lam was interested in coming here but he won't be

Might City be compared with Exeter? What's behind their success? (I don't actually know)

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The  current set up seems to be a bit too comfortable. 

Nail on fricking head. The coaching and head shed set up is full of self congratulatory, back slapping, management speaking, living in a bubble tools. 

They are masters at talking the talk and great self promoters. But very low on substance.

LJ has been a manager for seven years now.  He’s not achieved a play off place at any of his clubs.  Not a promotion to his name.  Yet he’s out there as some kind of Footballing guru. 

1 hour ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Wouldn't have minded someone on the touchline Saturday shouting "THAT IS BLOODY RUBBISH,     RUBBISH!"

I was on the sofa at home shouting that!

I would think any great Chairman would see how the remaining matches go.

Once it is certain we are not in the play offs the whole management teams go straight away.Then a new experienced manager who has won promotion into the Premiership is appointed straight away so he can get in his own management before the season kicks off.

If we reach the play offs and we fell, then they either replace the management or give them another six months.

If we reach the Premiership they give 100% support to the management during the short break. Then if we are really struggling in the first  half the season. Once again get a new management team in. Their can be NO sentiment.

Archived