IGNORED

Forest and Hull midweek games now 6pm kickoffs

CyderInACan

EARLIER KICK-OFFS FOR FOREST AND HULL

MONDAY, JUNE 22ND 2020

City's upcoming midweek fixtures against Nottingham Forest and Hull City – both available to watch exclusively on Robins TV with coverage from 5pm – will now kick-off at 6pm.

The Robins travel to the City Ground on Wednesday, July 1st and a week later welcome the Tigers to Ashton Gate on Wednesday, July 8th. Both games were originally scheduled for 7.45pm kick-offs. 

Subscribe to Robins TV today and enjoy a full matchday build-up programme starting an hour ahead of kick-off, with four-camera coverage, dual commentary, match analysis and special guests. 

This Sunday at midday (June 28th), City face Sheffield Wednesday in front of the Sky cameras in BS3 and live and exclusively available to Season Card holders only on Robins TV - tune in from 11am. 

Audio coverage is available by selecting the Listen Live matchday pass for just £2.50. (Note: All current international video subscribers will automatically receive the audio commentary due to Sky TV rights restrictions). 

Click here for Robins Live Audio.

Doh. 6pm kickoffs - bloody iPad. 

I’ve amended the title to avoid confusion. ?

And yes it does piss me off when games are scheduled to kick off at this time when ‘normally’ they wouldn’t. Exactly like the playoff game I am watching at the moment.  We aren’t all flucking furloughed. Absurd time for the majority of people working. 

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Any reason why the time has changed?

Perhaps City want to get back to Bristol from Nottingham after the match? Longer journey for Hull though - depends what their travel/hotel arrangements (including location) are though. 

38 minutes ago, eardun said:

Perhaps City want to get back to Bristol from Nottingham after the match? Longer journey for Hull though - depends what their travel/hotel arrangements (including location) are though. 

Nottingham is only two hours from Bristol, hardly an issue I would have thought. 

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Nottingham is only two hours from Bristol, hardly an issue I would have thought. 

Means they get back a good hour 45 earlier though, normal 19:45 kick off they wouldn't be back until after midnight. Seems like they've moved it forward as far as they can when most fans will be getting home so they can watch. If they didn't care about fans watching they'd have moved it to early afternoon.

Hey fans. We know you’ve paid for a full season of games, so we’ll give you the opportunity to watch all the remaining games on Robins TV. 

1 Week Later.... 

We’re gonna change 20% of the remaining games to a stupid kick off time where many of you won’t be able to tune in because you’re working / commuting, and we’re gonna give you absolutely no justification as to why we’re doing it. 
But thanks for not taking a refund. We love you all, we honestly do. You’re so special to us. 

BCFC - Thinking Like A Fan 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

EFL or club led decision?

There's always Radio Bristol of course, provided you're able to get away with it at work.

I didn’t sign up to the TV deal for which they keep my money, for me to have to listen to it on Radio Bristol! 

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hey fans. We know you’ve paid for a full season of games, so we’ll give you the opportunity to watch all the remaining games on Robins TV. 

1 Week Later.... 

We’re gonna change 20% of the remaining games to a stupid kick off time where many of you won’t be able to tune in because you’re working / commuting, and we’re gonna give you absolutely no justification as to why we’re doing it. 
But thanks for not taking a refund. We love you all, we honestly do. You’re so special to us. 

They'll add a 'with love' statement in few days.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

1 Week Later.... 

Makes you think, why didn’t they just refund everyone and then let you pay £10 per game for the games you wanted to watch. Instead we had to make a choice or send an email and made to feel outcasts for taking a refund.

Music gigs I’ve had cancelled all refunded me without me needing to make a call or email.

This is what happens when the broadcasters have a free reign on the game. Without us fans they can put it on when it suits them /makes them the most money. Is there a conspiracist who thinks that this is the way things are heading in the future?

8 minutes ago, chowie said:

Makes you think, why didn’t they just refund everyone and then let you pay £10 per game for the games you wanted to watch. Instead we had to make a choice or send an email and made to feel outcasts for taking a refund.

Music gigs I’ve had cancelled all refunded me without me needing to make a call or email.

To be honest, I couldn’t care about the money. It’s a matter of principles. 
The greed of the game is all-powerful. 
The fans mean nothing. 
Oh, they pretend the fans matter. But we all know that’s not what they REALLY think. 
These sort of things may seem very minor, but it’s the many little things like this that keep adding up and adding up into one big F——K YOU. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well yes from that angle...

Definitely a club led decision was it? Seems strange if so.

4 hours ago, eardun said:

34 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

This is what happens when the broadcasters have a free reign on the game. Without us fans they can put it on when it suits them /makes them the most money. Is there a conspiracist who thinks that this is the way things are heading in the future?

I would assume that it's exactly the reasons as above. 

Teams have nearly two hours earlier to travel home. Without the ability to stay overnight it makes sense. 

This won't have anything to do with broadcasters as the games are not on TV 

Archived