IGNORED

Forest and Hull midweek games now 6pm kickoffs

CyderInACan

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Hey fans. We know you’ve paid for a full season of games, so we’ll give you the opportunity to watch all the remaining games on Robins TV. 

1 Week Later.... 

We’re gonna change 20% of the remaining games to a stupid kick off time where many of you won’t be able to tune in because you’re working / commuting, and we’re gonna give you absolutely no justification as to why we’re doing it. 
But thanks for not taking a refund. We love you all, we honestly do. You’re so special to us. 

BCFC - Thinking Like A Fan 

Well said.

Also as anyone with young kids out there knows, 6pm is not a feet-up-in-front-of-the-telly time of the day. In fact it’s pretty much the least convenient time possible.

45 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Well said.

Also as anyone with young kids out there knows, 6pm is not a feet-up-in-front-of-the-telly time of the day. In fact it’s pretty much the least convenient time possible.

Suppose the flip side is the game now finishes at a time where a lot of kids can watch the whole game instead of going to bed during etc, no kick off time is going to work for everyone 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I would assume that it's exactly the reasons as above. 

Teams have nearly two hours earlier to travel home. Without the ability to stay overnight it makes sense. 

This won't have anything to do with broadcasters as the games are not on TV 

Teams are staying over night before games.

Exeter did it for Colchester away and at least 2 prem clubs have done it for mentioned on commentary comparing to Arsenal trip to Man City.

Hotels have to be deep cleaned before and after.

13 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Teams are staying over night before games.

Exeter did it for Colchester away and at least 2 prem clubs have done it for mentioned on commentary comparing to Arsenal trip to Man City.

Hotels have to be deep cleaned before and after.

Still means they can leave the ground after a good 90 mins earlier than they would otherwise 19:45 kick off you’re probably not leaving the ground till 22:30 to 23:00, Forest is 2 hours 30 and Hull 4 hours, both of these are assuming no junctions closed for road works so a 18:00 kick off, after Forest you’re looking at getting back at 23:30 - midnight instead of 1 - 1:30 and hull getting back at 1-1:30 instead of 2:30 - 3

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Suppose the flip side is the game now finishes at a time where a lot of kids can watch the whole game instead of going to bed during etc, no kick off time is going to work for everyone 

They fact that they haven't said why it's moved is what annoys me...

'The game, originally scheduled for a  7.45pm kick-off has been moved to a 6pm kick off so Jon Lansdown can watch the final off the Great British Sewing Bee with his Doris.'

Jon was overheard saying, 'During lockdown, I have been enjoying staying in with 'Er Indoors, and given the lack of enthusiasm towards some of the shirts I've designed in the past, I find it educational'.

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Still means they can leave the ground after a good 90 mins earlier than they would otherwise 19:45 kick off you’re probably not leaving the ground till 22:30 to 23:00, Forest is 2 hours 30 and Hull 4 hours, both of these are assuming no junctions closed for road works so a 18:00 kick off, after Forest you’re looking at getting back at 23:30 - midnight instead of 1 - 1:30 and hull getting back at 1-1:30 instead of 2:30 - 3

I just think there is no good reason why, if you look at the fixture list for next few weeks you have London derbies ko at 6pm, 6.30pm. Some games kick off at 5pm and millwall mboro a 3pm ko on a Wednesday (that’s due to travel). 
If someone from the league or club came out and said the reason why I think people would understand or accept it.

If you’ve agreed to option 1 or 2 and work you may well miss those 2 games now. With 2 games on Sky already these 2 options are suddenly looking very poor value. 
Wouldn't even had thought it’s for Bandwidth for Saturday you have 8 games 3pm ko.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

'The game, originally scheduled for a  7.45pm kick-off has been moved to a 6pm kick off so Jon Lansdown can watch the final off the Great British Sewing Bee with his Doris.'

I’ve been watching the current series and rather watch it than City at the moment.

17 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

EARLIER KICK-OFFS FOR FOREST AND HULL

MONDAY, JUNE 22ND 2020

City's upcoming midweek fixtures against Nottingham Forest and Hull City – both available to watch exclusively on Robins TV with coverage from 5pm – will now kick-off at 6pm.

The Robins travel to the City Ground on Wednesday, July 1st and a week later welcome the Tigers to Ashton Gate on Wednesday, July 8th. Both games were originally scheduled for 7.45pm kick-offs. 

Subscribe to Robins TV today and enjoy a full matchday build-up programme starting an hour ahead of kick-off, with four-camera coverage, dual commentary, match analysis and special guests. 

This Sunday at midday (June 28th), City face Sheffield Wednesday in front of the Sky cameras in BS3 and live and exclusively available to Season Card holders only on Robins TV - tune in from 11am. 

Audio coverage is available by selecting the Listen Live matchday pass for just £2.50. (Note: All current international video subscribers will automatically receive the audio commentary due to Sky TV rights restrictions). 

Click here for Robins Live Audio.

Doh. 6pm kickoffs - bloody iPad. 

About  time one is at i can watch at a suitable time. I usually wake up at mid night time to put the jug on.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They fact that they haven't said why it's moved is what annoys me...

Jon was overheard saying, 'During lockdown, I have been enjoying staying in with 'Er Indoors, and given the lack of enthusiasm towards some of the shirts I've designed in the past, I find it educational'.

You could always watch the gas if that fits in with your busy schedule. I dont get your point at all. At least we are playing and its probably for reasons we are not aware off with the change of time 

11 hours ago, phantom said:

I would assume that it's exactly the reasons as above. 

Teams have nearly two hours earlier to travel home. Without the ability to stay overnight it makes sense. 

This won't have anything to do with broadcasters as the games are not on TV 

11 hours ago, The Bard said:

Could be floodlights, could be to do with travelling home for the away team/ref.

9 hours ago, hodge said:

If the reason is due to travelling times, then my response is :

Awww....diddums. 

Maybe those people that work til 10pm in supermarkets might fancy finishing at 8pm instead so they can have a bit of an evening with their families. 
Maybe those who do a night shift at Rolls Royce might fancy packing up at 5pm instead. 
Maybe those Doctors and Nurses blasting out 16 hour shifts might want to finish up after 8 hours and go home to bed. 

******* footballer *****. 

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Awww....diddums. 

Maybe those people that work til 10pm in supermarkets might fancy finishing at 8pm instead so they can have a bit of an evening with their families. 
Maybe those who do a night shift at Rolls Royce might fancy packing up at 5pm instead. 
Maybe those Doctors and Nurses blasting out 16 hour shifts might want to finish up after 8 hours and go home to bed. 

Good bit of lockdown rage there Harry. Well directed. 

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

Awww....diddums. 

As said though, if they wanted to make it ALL about travelling times then they would play early afternoon without a care for fans. While obviously it will impact some fans by being an hour 45 earlier they've probably judged it by giving 9-5 workers an hour to get home and settle down to watch. Looking through midweek fixtures there now seems to be more at 5pm and 6pm then 7:45.

30 minutes ago, hodge said:

As said though, if they wanted to make it ALL about travelling times then they would play early afternoon without a care for fans. While obviously it will impact some fans by being an hour 45 earlier they've probably judged it by giving 9-5 workers an hour to get home and settle down to watch. Looking through midweek fixtures there now seems to be more at 5pm and 6pm then 7:45.

It’s just that they did it without consulting me . 

11 hours ago, hodge said:

Yes, that’s a fair point. But I think the main issue is the change AFTER many fans have signed up to watch the games online.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yes, that’s a fair point. But I think the main issue is the change AFTER many fans have signed up to watch the games online.

We're not the only team who are moving fixtures to these times, look at the championship fixture list and many games are 5pm and 6pm, for all we know as fans Hull and Forest approached us to move them (to not need floodlights etc) and we agreed

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Highly paid players first, paying fans second.

Wow.

So this must have been under discussion (across all clubs) before we were 'pushed' towards streaming rather than refunds.

Seems a bit dishonest.

I'm going to have to start drinking during afternoon calls now, just to take the edge off the horror show that can be a City match.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

But they sold the TV access without advising fans of this. That’s the point.  

35 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s just that they did it without consulting me . 

Exactly. 

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Highly paid players first, paying fans second.

Exactly

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Exactly 

13 minutes ago, hodge said:

We're not the only team who are moving fixtures to these times, look at the championship fixture list and many games are 5pm and 6pm, for all we know as fans Hull and Forest approached us to move them (to not need floodlights etc) and we agreed

Other teams doing it.

So, many wrongs make a right? 

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wow.

So this must have been under discussion (across all clubs) before we were 'pushed' towards streaming rather than refunds.

Seems a bit dishonest.

I'm going to have to start drinking during afternoon calls now, just to take the edge off the horror show that can be a City match.

Incredibly dishonest. 

BCFC - Thinking Like A Fan since 1894 (or is it 1897) 

17 minutes ago, hodge said:

Season tickets are sold when you know games are going to be moved, same principle. 

They’ve got 8 games in the space of 4 weeks. Changes to fixtures usually occur about 2-3 months in advance. They’ve changed 20% of them on 1 week notice, 5 days after they’d convinced people to sign up to a service they may now not get. 

Besides, normal season games get moved, mostly for TV, rarely (if ever) because the poor liddle pwayers need to be in bed early. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

They’ve got 8 games in the space of 4 weeks. Changes to fixtures usually occur about 2-3 months in advance. They’ve changed 20% of them on 1 week notice, 5 days after they’d convinced people to sign up to a service they may now not get. 

Besides, normal season games get moved, mostly for TV, rarely (if ever) because the poor liddle pwayers need to be in bed early. 

Except you don't know this is the case. As said could be Forest/Hull not wanting to spend money on using floodlights so wanted an earlier kick off and we agreed. Could be clubs want more kids watching the games and realise games often finish too late for young fans to stay up for and an earlier kick off gets more young kids watching the whole game etc. There are plenty of possible reasons rather than blaming players and the club.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Except you don't know this is the case. As said could be Forest/Hull not wanting to spend money on using floodlights so wanted an earlier kick off and we agreed. Could be clubs want more kids watching the games and realise games often finish too late for young fans to stay up for and an earlier kick off gets more young kids watching the whole game etc. There are plenty of possible reasons rather than blaming players and the club.

Jerry has tweeted (so it looks like based on earlier messages) that 'player logistics' is the reason for a switch.

Archived