IGNORED

Woodgate out - Warnock in at Boro!

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I'm interested to know about this ageing, past it manager who in November we beat on his own patch and were above them in the league, despite them having a premier league squad with parachute payments, what is it about him you like?

And I'm on about the current 71 year old, you don't get a Warnock of 5-10 years ago

There are Premier League squads and then again there are Premier League squads. He managed to get Cardiff promotion in a very short time, spending relatively little money. That they didn’t stay in the Premier League wasn’t surprising considering their overall expenditure. It’s all about belief, but I believe he would have achieved more at City than LJ given the same amount of time and money. 

So let's think about this - Warnock has achieved 8 promotions as a Manager to LJ's none - just wish we had made this decision, you'd never leave a game not having witnessed his team providing maximum effort and passion, imagine how refreshing that would be!

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I saw  him on TV where he talked of an interview he had with a club ( I can't remember which one).  One of the questions from a stuffy board member was "Mr Warnock, would our fans like your style of football?" "They'd like to see the team winning for a change" he replied.  

He didn't get the job

So Lansdown has interviewed him for the job then!

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

But how many promotions did Frank Sinatra achieve with unfashionable  clubs ? 

None , that’s how many . 

One big problem is that we are football snobs at City . Bristol City , purveyors of the beautiful game, would never resort to anything as vulgar as winning matches with sheer guts and determination, oh no .

Whilst we’ve pussyfooted and fancy Danned around the lower leagues for most of our existence, other more pragmatic clubs have sailed by us and made history for themselves.

Anyone listening to Bradley Orrs interview where he describes what Warnock allowed Tarrabt to get away with, in the name of winning would think twice before having him here. If that makes me a snob, then I will wear that badge with pride.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Anyone listening to Bradley Orrs interview where he describes what Warnock allowed Tarrabt to get away with, in the name of winning would think twice before having him here. If that makes me a snob, then I will wear that badge with pride.

Wouldn’t make me think twice. I’d want someone who tolerates that sort of behaviour nowhere near any organisation I associated myself with or patronised.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

But how many promotions did Frank Sinatra achieve with unfashionable  clubs ? 

None , that’s how many . 

One big problem is that we are football snobs at City . Bristol City , purveyors of the beautiful game, would never resort to anything as vulgar as winning matches with sheer guts and determination, oh no .

Whilst we’ve pussyfooted and fancy Danned around the lower leagues for most of our existence, other more pragmatic clubs have sailed by us and made history for themselves.

That about sums us up Major. Well noticed 

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You are quite clearly allowing your personal distaste for the man make you blind to facts. Warnock has a phenomenal record at this level.

Fully expect Boro to surpass us next season, get promoted and enjoy Premier League football while we continue to hover around 8th place making worthy comments about entertaining football as if we’re Brazil 1970.

His interview with Talk Sport seemed to suggest that he has signed for this season only. Of course if he keeps them up he may extend that. Or he may prefer a job closer to home if one is available ?

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I'm sure it's not the case, but you'd be forgiven for thinking that some would be happy for Boro to beat us in a few weeks because it'll "prove them right".

Like I say, I'm sure that's not the case...

All we need is a goal that never was and we’ll be fine. I suspect if we do win against them,  some  of those same fans won’t credit Lee or the team, but blame it on the fact  NW hasn’t had enough time to get ‘Boro playing as he would wish.

1 hour ago, eardun said:

His interview with Talk Sport seemed to suggest that he has signed for this season only. Of course if he keeps them up he may extend that. Or he may prefer a job closer to home if one is available ?

Would take him in a heartbeat. Having recently turned 37 and never seen my side play in the top division, I’m sick to death of talking about entertaining football and I’m quite happy to make a few compromises to actually achieve something.

1 hour ago, eardun said:

If only it could happen 

A man who is proven to deliver success at this level whether that be promoting a team or saving a team from relegation he has a track record that is hard to beat in the second tier. Id **** Lee Johnson out the door Tomorrow  and have Warnock here for the season..

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You are quite clearly allowing your personal distaste for the man make you blind to facts. Warnock has a phenomenal record at this level.

Fully expect Boro to surpass us next season, get promoted and enjoy Premier League football while we continue to hover around 8th place making worthy comments about entertaining football as if we’re Brazil 1970.

Superb post Mr C Red ... spot on ...

11 hours ago, Nibor said:

It's a real shame we haven't yet seen the back of colin in football.

Why? Fed up of his success? One of the last great characters - and the most successful manager this country has ever seen (in terms of promotions achieved) - it will be a huge loss to the game when NW hangs up his gob ... ?

10 hours ago, JBFC II said:

A bit like Cardiff are going to get promoted with him this season?

Well, you’ll never know, he left Cardiff last November - but when he took over at Cardiff in October 2016 they were in the championship relegation zone, he guided them to a 12th place finish that season and then promoted them the next season...people trying to ridicule Warnock’s record ... laughable ...

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I'm sure it's not the case, but you'd be forgiven for thinking that some would be happy for Boro to beat us in a few weeks because it'll "prove them right".

Like I say, I'm sure that's not the case...

I don't think there is much doubt they will beat us, in fact they would probably have beat us if woodgate was still in charge.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Would take him in a heartbeat. Having recently turned 37 and never seen my side play in the top division, I’m sick to death of talking about entertaining football and I’m quite happy to make a few compromises to actually achieve something.

Oh come on....surely LJball is a worthy alternative to success? The clutch, the xg, the POMO, the possession stats. the box entries, the occupation of the defensive mid-goal zone, and the occasional ball played from bomb alley into the corridor of uncertainty is worth the 36 quid ticket money all day long?

Some people eh? Don't realise what they've got.  We don't need a man with 9 promotions on his cv coming in here and achieving promotion and upsetting the Johnson Lansdown cosy club, Look LJ's done fukall in 7 years of management and hasn't mustered a top 6 finish yet at any club but keep the faith fellow reds give him another fifty million. and another 5 years and with a fair wind and a lot of luck he just might make the play offs..........if you believe in fairies !

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh they must hate him, he took over at Cardiff when they were in the championship’s relegation zone and promoted them to the premier league the next season ... what a crap manager ??

Obviously you haven’t then? Fans options can change very quickly, why don’t you have a look?? Didn’t say they hate him mind...? Didn’t even say he was a crap manager...??

45 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, you’ll never know, he left Cardiff last November - but when he took over at Cardiff in October 2016 they were in the championship relegation zone, he guided them to a 12th place finish that season and then promoted them the next season...people trying to ridicule Warnock’s record ... laughable ...

I realise you’re a massive fan of his, and by no means am I trying to ridicule his record. That doesn’t mean that Middlesbrough are ‘guaranteed promotion’ with him at the helm next season though does it?

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There were some on here that said they wouldn't want city to go up this season if they couldn't be in the stadium to see it, can you believe that, like a club like us can afford to just pick and choose when we get promoted. I'm 64 and have seen us in the top flight but to put some perspective on it I was 24 when we got relegated, yes 24!!!

11 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Poor man.. Flights from Newquay to Newcastle? (have been flying Manchester-Newquay with Flybe on the way to Polperro before a City game) 

Flybe are no longer operating but Eastern Airways operate flights from Newquay to Newcastle

Archived