IGNORED

Woodgate out - Warnock in at Boro!

CyderInACan

9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I realise you’re a massive fan of his, and by no means am I trying to ridicule his record. That doesn’t mean that Middlesbrough are ‘guaranteed promotion’ with him at the helm next season though does it?

You’re right, there’s no guarantee that Boro will do anything impressive next season under NW and I didn’t say his appointment guarantees them promotion - but they’ve got a real chance now with him in charge. If they start doing well, Boro can draw very big crowds and gain momentum - with a proven guy at the helm I reckon they’ll do ok

6 hours ago, daored said:

Think your right - the only game you can see us getting maximum points out of is Hull (h)

For me it’s not onlybwho we play but the fact we looked so mentally and physically poorly prepared against Blackburn.

Yes it’s City we are talking about so next game they might somehow pull something out of the bag, but to be on the edge of the playoffs and show such little fight or spirit was a huge let down. 

People criticise Warnocks football but he took Cardiff up with a +39GD where as we are sitting currently on -4. 

We're an ugly watch. 

24 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I see Sean Dyche could walk from Burnley because of lack of backing from the board, any chance of him coming to City?

Better teams than us would take him 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

People criticise Warnocks football but he took Cardiff up with a +39GD where as we are sitting currently on -4. 

We're an ugly watch. 

Better teams than us would take him 

Completely agree about Neil Warnock, and we are pants this season...... again!

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Would people on here be happy if we got rid of Lee and appointed Colin for last 8 games ? Do we think he could have got us into playoff's? 

I think 8 games isn’t enough to change our playing ‘ style ‘ or for our players to adapt . 

Colin is a fine motivator though so to answer your question...

:dunno:

16 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Would people on here be happy if we got rid of Lee and appointed Colin for last 8 games ? Do we think he could have got us into playoff's? 

No. If you’re going to give a manager a job, 8 games isn’t enough. It should be a two year contract. In the case of Middlesbrough, what happens if Warnock keeps them in the Championship?  Surely they keep him for another season or two. If they get relegated, it won’t be Warnock’s fault so he should retained as he’s the ideal manager to get them promoted back to the Championship 

On 23/06/2020 at 13:54, Major Isewater said:

But how many promotions did Frank Sinatra achieve with unfashionable  clubs ? 

None , that’s how many . 

One big problem is that we are football snobs at City . Bristol City , purveyors of the beautiful game, would never resort to anything as vulgar as winning matches with sheer guts and determination, oh no .

Whilst we’ve pussyfooted and fancy Danned around the lower leagues for most of our existence, other more pragmatic clubs have sailed by us and made history for themselves.

Personally i'd have no issue with the style of football.

Like you say, we are bristol city - beggars cant be choosers

But its the constant cheating i could'nt stomach

8 hours ago, Riaz said:

I would stop going if Warnock become our manager...

Would you? Would you really? Are you sure you wouldn’t sneak back into Ashton Gate if he had us sitting pretty at the top of the championship? I bet you would .... because in all likelihood that would be ‘when’ rather than ‘if’ ...

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Would you? Would you really? Are you sure you wouldn’t sneak back into Ashton Gate if he had us sitting pretty at the top of the championship? I bet you would .... because in all likelihood that would be ‘when’ rather than ‘if’ ...

Nope.

like i said. Being top because we have cheated every week, does not appeal to me in the slightest.

11 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Nope.

like i said. Being top because we have cheated every week, does not appeal to me in the slightest.

Fair enough, you wouldn’t watch a Bristol City team at the top of the championship - that’s your choice ... you say Warnock ‘cheats’ - would he have lasted well over three decades in football management if he’d been constantly found guilty of ‘cheating’? I think his teams are streetwise, they ain’t cheats ... our club has had a soft underbelly for too long, we get bullied in games by well-drilled, physical teams with proven managers and our fans are quick to cry ‘cheat’ ?? 

9 hours ago, Riaz said:

I would stop going if Warnock become our manager

Fortunately wouldnt happen

I've stopped going while lee is our manager

9 hours ago, Riaz said:

I've stopped going while lee is our manager

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, you wouldn’t watch a Bristol City team at the top of the championship - that’s your choice ... you say Warnock ‘cheats’ - would he have lasted well over three decades in football management if he’d been constantly found guilty of ‘cheating’? I think his teams are streetwise, they ain’t cheats ... our club has had a soft underbelly for too long, we get bullied in games by well-drilled, physical teams with proven managers and our fans are quick to cry ‘cheat’ ?? 

Every time he brings a team to Ashton Gate, the game is nearly always ruined by his players rolling around everywhere

**** watching that every week!

10 hours ago, Riaz said:

This would be a football example of the current social distancing regulations - one out,  one in 

Archived