IGNORED

you own two clubs

where's the joy

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

What if we start running out of quality players to sell - what then!?

This is the massive flaw in the current plan, isn't it?

Not helped by the fact a global pandemic has decimated the value of the one(s) we were planning to sell next - Eliasson, Massengo, Diedhiou?

But I'm not sure we have any other option - hang on, there is one: promotion! We need to be sucking on the teet of that Premier League cash cow asap because our finances make no sense otherwise.

All of which begs the question, who outside of Guernsey seriously believes the current manager can deliver this financially imperative step forward?

Good job it's not us writing the cheques!     

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I will never belittle Cotts’ achievements - but winning league one was not “the best season the club has ever had” - surely you’re aware we’ve finished 2nd in the top flight and have reached the FA Cup Final?

Edit, actually I read it as implying the best season since SL became chairman (which it still wasn’t) but you are correct, he did say best ever.

Nonsense.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

The thing is, the Pat Lam comparison doesn’t really hold water if you’re comparing him to people like Hughton.

Pat Lam, prior to Bristol, had won the pro12 in Ireland with Connacht, coached at international level and won trophies with Auckland Blues in NZ. That’s after a glittering playing career. No doubt whatsoever he could have gone to a bigger club than Bristol - but he did because the potential of Bristol RFC is bigger than most of the country - that’s not the case with us.

If you want an accurate Pat Lam comparison, you’re probably talking something close to Pep Guardiola. Would he come here? No way.

Its fine to want LJ replaced. But the Lam/Bears comparison that people are making is just nonsense. In a football sense he’s a coach out of our league who wouldn’t be attracted by the potential because our ceiling isn’t as high.

Not sure this comparison is quite right. Connacht are the smallest rugby province in Ireland. If Lam was that big a deal before he was at Bristol then why wasn't he already at a Leicester, Bath, Gloucester, Wasps etc?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

The thing is, the Pat Lam comparison doesn’t really hold water if you’re comparing him to people like Hughton.

Pat Lam, prior to Bristol, had won the pro12 in Ireland with Connacht, coached at international level and won trophies with Auckland Blues in NZ. That’s after a glittering playing career. No doubt whatsoever he could have gone to a bigger club than Bristol - but he did because the potential of Bristol RFC is bigger than most of the country - that’s not the case with us.

If you want an accurate Pat Lam comparison, you’re probably talking something close to Pep Guardiola. Would he come here? No way.

Its fine to want LJ replaced. But the Lam/Bears comparison that people are making is just nonsense. In a football sense he’s a coach out of our league who wouldn’t be attracted by the potential because our ceiling isn’t as high.

Think it has been mentioned in another thread but rugby & football really aren’t comparable here.

I am no fan of rugby at all, but it is simply a fact that once you get beyond the top level, games often take place in what look like non league grounds with crowds that barely reach a thousand. Some parts of England (East Anglia, for instance) have no rugby clubs at all.

Football is truly a mass population sport, there is simply no way the rugby equivalent of Sunderland would ever be at its third level.

As a result the West Country is a rugby heartland in the same way it is seen as a football backwater. 

Coaches therefore see a job with Bristol completely differently than the equivalent football person would see one with us.

5 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Millen didnt do bad to keep up with that team.

Clarkson, stead, pitman.

Stead was the only 1 looked ok at that level.

im amazed that team scored 62 goals.

Really enjoyed watching Pitman - one of the most naturally gifted instinctive finishers I've seen at AG.

Stead, though popular for the effort he always put in, and his success in endearing himself to the fans off the pitch, was not worth the high wages over his 3+ seasons, and was even dropped several times for poor form.

16 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

No, because it was going to get us relegated again. Personally, I think the first half of there cup run season with LJ is some of the best football I've seen at Ashton Gate. I also think LJ has had his chance, just like I thought SC had when he was fired.

Old argument and you'll know full well many on here disagree.

Cotts managerial record showed he didn't do relegations. 

Not to mention that with the sort of backing he had the right to expect after the fantastic promotion season he'd have had a damn good shot at successive promotions imo.

17 hours ago, where's the joy said:

You don't like him standing up to you, so you replace him with an unproven coach and watch mediocrity takes hold.

Not results, they are ok; but the brand of buccaneering football that Cotterill gave us has not been seen since.

Improvement in league postion year on year is hardly 'mediocrity'
Buccaneering football in the Championship is a lot harder than League 1

16 hours ago, hodge said:

One of the biggest bugbears that Brighton supporters seem to have with Hughton is his negative approach to games, which is best summed up by the recent record-breaking 12 hours and 15 minutes that we managed to go without a goal. Connor tells us that Norwich fans had similar complaints.

I still say that when they put 4 into us at the Gate the year they got promoted was one of the best performances I've seen at the Gate in a long, long time

14 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Pat Lam has the team playing attacking rugby, aiming to score plenty of thrilling tries yet he has improved the defensive side of the squad beyond belief

Rugby is a completely different game to football. I've seen Gloucester throw it around many times, and it's wonderful. When it goes wrong and you get a proper dry humping then it's awful. Would you rather we lost every game 0-3 giving it a go?

I've always been a fan of LJ, I obviously want him to do well. The un-blinkered hatred for the bloke on here still surprises me, I don't know why

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Old argument and you'll know full well many on here disagree.

Cotts managerial record showed he didn't do relegations. 

Not to mention that with the sort of backing he had the right to expect after the fantastic promotion season he'd have had a damn good shot at successive promotions imo.

Tbh things were looking had here and his time at Birmingham in 2017/18 think he was on a long losing streak when he left. Arguably one or both were going down.

Size of backing? Additional wages and amortised fees? Think a couple more million on the books that year in 2015-16 and we may have failed the final 1 year FFP. That'd have meant a transfer embargo in Jan 2017. That said I'm possibly not taking account of a successful summer negating the need for January spending.

That said the squad shouldn't have been in the drop zone. Cotts also needed a bit of patience and pragmatism though, our revenue streams were about to shoot up, the FFP system was in a transitional changing phase- wasn't the time for a big push!

2 hours ago, 'Orns said:

The un-blinkered hatred for the bloke on here still surprises me, I don't know why

Yep, it's ridiculous. I've always wanted him to do well, as I did his dad, and SC. But sometimes it doesn't work out. How long has LJ been here now, 5 years? Most managers will have achieved something more than stability in that time, and I'd suggest most managers will have moved on after that length of time, whether through choice or being fired.

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yep, it's ridiculous. I've always wanted him to do well, as I did his dad, and SC. But sometimes it doesn't work out. How long has LJ been here now, 5 years? Most managers will have achieved something more than stability in that time, and I'd suggest most managers will have moved on after that length of time, whether through choice or being fired.

Yeah - there comes a time where a new voice is needed, as happened with GJ. I think we're very close to the end game here
I was always working under the impression that another year of stability, improvement in terms of league position etc etc would lead me to want to keep LJ and continue rather than rip it up, purge the squad and start again. The big question here is just how much of an impact Covid will make to football. Maybe now is the time to sweep clean, plenty of clubs out there in a far worse position than us - could work to our advantage

Arguments usually thrown around when we either appoint a new manager or people are divided about the merits in changing manager tend to be,

Doesn't know/not enough 'Championship experience' (whatever that means)

Proven 'winner' (but is likely out of work currently for reason unknown)

Was backed/wasn't backed in the transfer market

Style of football negative/positive 

Record of promoting youth 

Players have/haven't developed 

Too focused on 'the project'

So, loosely based on the above (and any other criteria you want to add). Score LJ 'Top Trumps' style (out of 10) and then apply similar scoring to who you would like to see him replaced by.

Be interesting to see what comes up.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh things were looking had here and his time at Birmingham in 2017/18 think he was on a long losing streak when he left. Arguably one or both were going down.

Size of backing? Additional wages and amortised fees? Think a couple more million on the books that year in 2015-16 and we may have failed the final 1 year FFP. That'd have meant a transfer embargo in Jan 2017. That said I'm possibly not taking account of a successful summer negating the need for January spending.

That said the squad shouldn't have been in the drop zone. Cotts also needed a bit of patience and pragmatism though, our revenue streams were about to shoot up, the FFP system was in a transitional changing phase- wasn't the time for a big push!

@Nogbad the Bad Another thing to add to this one, would he have brought into the plan- or aspects of the plan? The inevitable need to trade- in summer 2016 we sold Kodjia e.g., from summer 2018 the trickle of sales became a bit of a flow outwards. I think that side that came up was certainly capable of better though. Need to sell to trade like a lot of clubs actually...problem is LJ doesn't necessarily get the best out of those we bring in, especially not senior players or those who have played at a higher level than him.

I do buy into the clubs approach in looking to develop the talent we need, instead of overly stretching the finances. We all don't want to end up like '82 again, or be in the shoes of a Bury fan and that should be the overriding important point. 

At the end of the day i'd rather have a club to go and watch, with a team that at the very least is demonstrating during a match that they are making effort.

The Beebsport site has an interesting article on St Pauli at the moment. Whilst focusing on the fans running of the club, the overiding arc of the piece is that the fans are content that the club exists, even if they are a mid-pyramid club. They are there for the football and that is the point.

Just imagine that Lansdown splashes the cash. Imagine we get promoted. imagine we become a top/mid tier Premiership team. There are drawbacks to that. People complain about ST prices now, it would be worse in the top flight. The club would be more corporate and we'd get moaners that the club has lost it's soul. Just imagine you being forced to buy tickets for mid-week euro or League cup games at £60 a pop, as your ST T's And C's make you.

Sometimes too much is a bad thing.

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I understand your thought line about Lam and the level he is at with Bristol Bears now. But do not forget that we had just failed in yet another promotion effort from the league below which makes the current position in the top three even look even better.

So while we could not hope to recruit a Guardiola or a Benitez, there are plenty more around who would suit. I can think of at least half a dozen who, if they had joined us instead of LJ, would have got us promoted to the Premier by now.

And a little story about the new Boro manager. Back in the 1990's I sat next to Mr Warnock at a City reserve match at the Hand Stadium, Clevedon. He had not long been at Argyle, so obviously there was plenty of banter about the play off final win for Huddersfield over the Gas a few months earlier.

He was very complimentary about all things Bristol City and was adamant that we should be in the Premier League and he would like to take us there. I know he isn't everyone's favourite manager, but love him or loath him, I believe he would have got us there within two years of coming to City. Whether he could have kept us there is doubtful but he is an achiever at this level. Something that I do not believe will ever describe LJ.

8 minutes ago, GingerClyde said:

I do buy into the clubs approach in looking to develop the talent we need, instead of overly stretching the finances. We all don't want to end up like '82 again, or be in the shoes of a Bury fan and that should be the overriding important point. 

At the end of the day i'd rather have a club to go and watch, with a team that at the very least is demonstrating during a match that they are making effort.

The Beebsport site has an interesting article on St Pauli at the moment. Whilst focusing on the fans running of the club, the overiding arc of the piece is that the fans are content that the club exists, even if they are a mid-pyramid club. They are there for the football and that is the point.

Just imagine that Lansdown splashes the cash. Imagine we get promoted. imagine we become a top/mid tier Premiership team. There are drawbacks to that. People complain about ST prices now, it would be worse in the top flight. The club would be more corporate and we'd get moaners that the club has lost it's soul. Just imagine you being forced to buy tickets for mid-week euro or League cup games at £60 a pop, as your ST T's And C's make you.

Sometimes too much is a bad thing.

I assume you know your place in society as well. Still living in the same cave in Ethiopia as your ancestors?

All sport is here to provide recreation for all, away from the drudgery of real work. Have you not progressed up the seniority ladder at work? No ambition to improve position, knowledge and remuneration?

Ask  a Forest or a Villa fan if winning the European Cup was something they should not have aspired to.

I've seen City in all four leagues and there is only one where I want us to be.

In the Prem, competing with top quality opposition, watching some of the best footballers of our time. Yes it costs more and as TV dictates, games are rarely played at 3pm on Saturdays, but do you really want to be a club that is content to never improve?

21 hours ago, 'Orns said:

I've always been a fan of LJ, I obviously want him to do well. The un-blinkered hatred for the bloke on here still surprises me, I don't know why

Think you're exaggerating a bit here.Where is all this unblinkered 'hatred'?  A small number have always disliked LJ personally, but most were willing to give him a chance despite our many misgivings. Many of us are now completely fed up.

The fact is no new City manager is ever popular with all fans for whatever reason. Steve Cotterill's appointment was met with far more vitriol on here than LJ's - I well remember at least 10 of the most prominent OTIB posters at the time came out vehemently against him from day 1, mostly on the basis that they simply didn't like him, and none of them were willing to give him much credit as SC went on to prove them so completely wrong.

Why have you 'always been a fan of LJ' btw?

What had he achieved in his previous managerial career to make you a fan, and what made you believe he would be a success here?

I neither liked nor disliked him as a player, but I was always bewildered by his appointment. I can't think of any reason whatsoever why he should have been thought worthy of the City job at the time, or why anyone would think he was likely to make a success of it.

If you still watch City regularly at AG - correct me if I'm wrong, but some of your previous posts would indicate this is an increasingly rare event - how have you enjoyed the last couple of seasons at AG?

Surely City fans have a right to voice their discontent at the all too often abysmal fare on offer, and seriously question the position of the coach, without being accused of 'hating' LJ?

What I hate is being bored out of my brain almost every time I go to AG and it's time my personal, if small, funding of SL's pet project came to an end.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Think you're exaggerating a bit here.Where is all this unblinkered 'hatred'?  A small number have always disliked LJ personally, but most were willing to give him a chance despite our many misgivings. Many of us are now completely fed up.

The fact is no new City manager is ever popular with all fans for whatever reason. Steve Cotterill's appointment was met with far more vitriol on here than LJ's - I well remember at least 10 of the most prominent OTIB posters at the time came out vehemently against him from day 1, mostly on the basis that they simply didn't like him, and none of them were willing to give him much credit as SC went on to prove them so completely wrong.

Why have you 'always been a fan of LJ' btw?

What had he achieved in his previous managerial career to make you a fan, and what made you believe he would be a success here?

I neither liked nor disliked him as a player, but I was always bewildered by his appointment. I can't think of any reason whatsoever why he should have been thought worthy of the City job at the time, or why anyone would think he was likely to make a success of it.

If you still watch City regularly at AG - correct me if I'm wrong, but some of your previous posts would indicate this is an increasingly rare event - how have you enjoyed the last couple of seasons at AG?

Surely City fans have a right to voice their discontent at the all too often abysmal fare on offer, and seriously question the position of the coach, without being accused of 'hating' LJ?

What I hate is being bored out of my brain almost every time I go to AG and it's time my personal, if small, funding of SL's pet project came to an end.

More than a small number hated LJ from the start from his time as a player, I seem to remember a huge number of dissenting voices on here from day 1 of his appointment

Coppell was a pretty much unanimously popular appointment. One of the few, I expect. I wouldn't say SCs appointment felt any different to LJs, both felt a little uninspiring for me

As for why I've always been a fan - because he's the man in charge of my football club. I saw a young man with different ideas, a different approach and a genuine love for the club. Why would I not be a fan? Nothing about his previous experience, that doesn't have a lot to do with anything really. Any manager could be brilliant somewhere and shit somewhere else. I'll make my own mind up

As for attendance, nope - family is preventing that right now. To be honest not much about football excites me at the moment. Can't remember I finished watching a game and thinking it was a fantastic 90 minutes - that's any game at any level. Find it all a bit stale. If I'm honest I rarely even listen to a City game any more either. Just have more important things to be doing. I take everyone's word for how dull it is, the two or three games I get to a season I'm just hoping to see a win. Give me 3 points over entertainment any day. Easier for me to say when I'm not forking out for a ST, I understand that

Not saying that no one has a right to voice their discontent, I've done it on here often enough, but I think that if LJ got us promoted people will still have a stick to prod him with

Just my thoughts, Noggers - nothing more. I'm allowed to voice them as well, presumably?

7 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

More than a small number hated LJ from the start from his time as a player, I seem to remember a huge number of dissenting voices on here from day 1 of his appointment

Coppell was a pretty much unanimously popular appointment. One of the few, I expect. I wouldn't say SCs appointment felt any different to LJs, both felt a little uninspiring for me

As for why I've always been a fan - because he's the man in charge of my football club. I saw a young man with different ideas, a different approach and a genuine love for the club. Why would I not be a fan? Nothing about his previous experience, that doesn't have a lot to do with anything really. Any manager could be brilliant somewhere and shit somewhere else. I'll make my own mind up

As for attendance, nope - family is preventing that right now. To be honest not much about football excites me at the moment. Can't remember I finished watching a game and thinking it was a fantastic 90 minutes - that's any game at any level. Find it all a bit stale. If I'm honest I rarely even listen to a City game any more either. Just have more important things to be doing. I take everyone's word for how dull it is, the two or three games I get to a season I'm just hoping to see a win. Give me 3 points over entertainment any day. Easier for me to say when I'm not forking out for a ST, I understand that

Not saying that no one has a right to voice their discontent, I've done it on here often enough, but I think that if LJ got us promoted people will still have a stick to prod him with

Just my thoughts, Noggers - nothing more. I'm allowed to voice them as well, presumably?

I think this LJ hating thing has been seriously exaggerated tbh.  There were a lot of people who weren’t impressed with him as a player and thought it would reflect in his managerial style and ability. That doesn’t mean they hated him, as he actually gives the impression of being a decent, articulate bloke (with the exception of his habit of publicly hanging players out to dry and the “trust” issues).

We’ve now had over 4 years to assess his managerial style and ability and I think it’s hard to argue against the fact that those fans with reservations have actually been proved correct.

On 23/06/2020 at 19:13, where's the joy said:

So you own two clubs, one rugby, one football.

In one you get relegated trying to run things on the cheap; so you hire the best coach you can find and give him full authority.

Suddenly your clubs in the running for the premiership title.

The other club you get relegated and then take a punt on a stroppy, opinionated manager. Who gives you the best season the club has ever had 

I'd say being promoted to the top flight and staying there for a while were the best seasons the club has ever had.  Not walking a feeble third tier division.

21 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

As for why I've always been a fan - because he's the man in charge of my football club. I saw a young man with different ideas, a different approach and a genuine love for the club. Why would I not be a fan? Nothing about his previous experience, that doesn't have a lot to do with anything really. 

Course you are Woodsy - but I disagree strongly that LJ got a particularly bad welcome.

Cotts' reception on here was far worse.

Lots of puzzlement when LJ's appointment looked set to be announced - and many voicing that they hoped it wasn't true, and explaining why - but when it became a fait accompli the vast majority then accepted it and wished him the best.

No choice really.

Sorry, but his previous experience (lower level, extremely patchy, and lacking any tangible success) has to be extremely relevant to his appointment. No other Championship club would have appointed him at that time, so why did City?

The inescapable suspicion the manager has been appointed largely because he's easy for the board to get on with, friend of the Lansdowns, Gary's son etc. is hardly going to instil enthusiasm in the fans for the appointment, especially when that manager has achieved precisely nothing in the game.

A shame to hear you've lost a lot of interest in City - your previous enthusiasm and humour made you a top poster on OTIB. 

Unfortunately I think I might be going the same way. However, if my lifelong enthusiasm for BCFC is to be extinguished due to this seemingly endlessly stultifying period of tedious poor quality football then I'm certainly not going to drift away quietly.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Course you are Woodsy - but I disagree strongly that LJ got a particularly bad welcome.

Cotts' reception on here was far worse.

Lots of puzzlement when LJ's appointment looked set to be announced - and many voicing that they hoped it wasn't true, and explaining why - but when it became a fait accompli the vast majority then accepted it and wished him the best.

No choice really.

Sorry, but his previous experience (lower level, extremely patchy, and lacking any tangible success) has to be extremely relevant to his appointment. No other Championship club would have appointed him at that time, so why did City?

The inescapable suspicion the manager has been appointed largely because he's easy for the board to get on with, friend of the Lansdowns, Gary's son etc. is hardly going to instil enthusiasm in the fans for the appointment, especially when that manager has achieved precisely nothing in the game.

A shame to hear you've lost a lot of interest in City - your previous enthusiasm and humour made you a top poster on OTIB. 

Unfortunately I think I might be going the same way. However, if my lifelong enthusiasm for BCFC is to be extinguished due to this seemingly endlessly stultifying period of tedious poor quality football then I'm certainly not going to drift away quietly.

Just to be clear on this, my enthusiasm for City is beyond question, I may have worded it badly. It's just football in general that I find stale and boring. As I said the comments from an ever growing majority of fans about the style of football makes me not want to listen, but I'll be glued to twitter to see all the comments coming through. For the couple of games I get to see in a season I guess it makes it more exciting for me. I was at the Barnsley game, I loved it - the reaction on here was one of doom and gloom. If I'd sat through a dozen performances like that already this season I would have been the same, I suspect!

FWIW, I do get the feeling we're coming to the end. It does seem like being a team on the verge of the play offs is our limit right now, and we'd have taken that 6 years ago, but with the investment we should maybe expect a little more than we're getting. Who comes in though?

Mrs Horns birthday on Sunday, so I'll await your post match report for me on here at some point around Sunday teatime!

I'm hot, work is mental (thankfully!), I need a Thatchers and I'll be right as rain again before long. Was a bit grumpy earlier, you might have noticed ?

Good to chat again Nogs, it's been a while ?

3 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

I think this LJ hating thing has been seriously exaggerated tbh.  There were a lot of people who weren’t impressed with him as a player and thought it would reflect in his managerial style and ability. That doesn’t mean they hated him, as he actually gives the impression of being a decent, articulate bloke (with the exception of his habit of publicly hanging players out to dry and the “trust” issues).

We’ve now had over 4 years to assess his managerial style and ability and I think it’s hard to argue against the fact that those fans with reservations have actually been proved correct.

Yeah, all valid points. I'm just desperate for the man to achieve something wonderful here. He loves our club, and that makes me love him

The hanging out of players and comments about trust aren't something I enjoy. There's a lot of GJ about him, obviously, but there does seem to be a similar path being treaded with some of the comments. I hope this ends differently, for all concerned

10 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

Yeah, all valid points. I'm just desperate for the man to achieve something wonderful here. He loves our club, and that makes me love him

The hanging out of players and comments about trust aren't something I enjoy. There's a lot of GJ about him, obviously, but there does seem to be a similar path being treaded with some of the comments. I hope this ends differently, for all concerned

Totally with you on being desperate for this to work out O.

There are so many of the elements in place now and it seems clear that LJ loves the club and the Lansdowns’ love LJ and are prepared to give him as much time as possible.

It just feels like for all his patter, when things go right on the field, it’s almost like he’s stumbled on a formation by accident and he can’t maintain it, as he doesn’t actually know how he did it in the first place.

He tinkers and fiddles with selections to supposedly find the magic formula and when he runs out of options, he goes out and buys yet more players.

He gives the impression of the bloke who gives all the spiel and buzzwords at an interview and sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread, but when he actually turns up and starts work, he’s floundering around and appears clueless.

Would love him to succeed, but you would expect him to have more to show of real progress after over 4 years in the job and with the full support of the board over that time.

2 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Totally with you on being desperate for this to work out O.

There are so many of the elements in place now and it seems clear that LJ loves the club and the Lansdowns’ love LJ and are prepared to give him as much time as possible.

It just feels like for all his patter, when things go right on the field, it’s almost like he’s stumbled on a formation by accident and he can’t maintain it, as he doesn’t actually know how he did it in the first place.

He tinkers and fiddles with selections to supposedly find the magic formula and when he runs out of options, he goes out and buys yet more players.

He gives the impression of the bloke who gives all the spiel and buzzwords at an interview and sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread, but when he actually turns up and starts work, he’s floundering around and appears clueless.

Would love him to succeed, but you would expect him to have more to show of real progress after over 4 years in the job and with the full support of the board over that time.

I wonder if anyone higher up has ever had a word with him about the spiel and bullshit or do they believe it 

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

I wonder if anyone higher up has ever had a word with him about the spiel and bullshit or do they believe it 

Just a guess, but I’d speculate that as he still has a job, they must believe it, which is a serious worry in itself!

In which season have we ever won the league and the cup before. in which season will we ever win it again?

Yes i know it was third tier but we filled our end at Wembley, we won 6-0 at Bradford, and our centre half scored a hat trick at home to Walsall.

The nearest i have seen was early on in the season when things finally clicked for Alan Dicks and we got promoted to division one. We had power in midfield, care and touch in defence and beef in attack.

Right now all our best players are out on loan, and the manager would be more helpful to the team if he was on furlough......permanently. 

Archived