IGNORED

Artificial Crowd Noise

Harry

16 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I did hear blue moon last night! Also the crowd noise goes up when the the ball gets close to the penalty area!! 

It's getting better each game. The Villa Blades game last week was terrible.

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

100% with you.

There is no crowd, why are they doing it, it is farcical.

Is it just for people who have never watched a football match other than on the bloody tv.

Plenty of them in Bridgwater bill

32 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

100% with you.

Is it just for people who have never watched a football match other than on the bloody tv.

I could half understand it if it was played out over speakers seemingly like they're doing in championship grounds if its to try and make the players feel a bit more like their normal environment, but Sky playing it just for TV viewers adds nothing.

36 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

100% with you.

What a shite generalisation.

If you don’t like it you are a real fan and if you do you are an armchair fan.

I like it as do many other S/T holders I know.

I want to know who is in charge of the background noises, where they get them from and how they decide what to play. It could become an art that will require professional qualifications in the future. Or perhaps not.

I assume the sounds are home team-based, with a small selection of away chants when they score. Why are there not two sound technicians - one for each side - and then they could compete like real fans?

One day I hope the sounds are played into the stadium for the benefit of the players, although that might upset some who will claim it gives the home side an unfair advantage. Unless it's the Dull Moan effect...

They do it so they don’t have to transmit the actual language of the match, not for the viewers benefit.

Its far more interesting listening to the coaches and players. 

The league 2 playoffs were great.

1 minute ago, Erithacus said:

What get's me is that the stadium announcer always calls the substitutions and the added time - to whom, exactly? It's not like the players and teams don't see what's happening themselves, is it?

Journalists/scouts in the crowd? 300 people can be in the stadium and all of the aren't from the 2 teams and refs etc

10 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sounding pretty good on Brentford v Baggies ATM.

I think all tv matches ‘feel’ better with crowd sounds. It helps the viewers forget that they’re playing in an empty stadium.

Both Anfield and Griffin Pk looked pretty decent with all the banners and flags covering many of the empty seats. I hope AG looks similar on TV this Sunday.

Archived