IGNORED

EFL Released Players Lists

The players being released by EFL clubs makes for interesting reading. Not for any thought of players we might pick up but simply because it reads like an encyclopaedia of players down the years who are such familiar names and faces. There are a number of ex City players, such as Aaron Wilbraham Scott Wagstaff and (dare I say it) Nicky Hunt but includes such wonderful old stagers like Ian Henderson (who must have been Rochdale's top scorer for years) and Lee Frecklington. Sunderland have released 24 players. On the other side MK Dons are offering a new contract to Dean Lewington and Leyton Orient to Jobi Mc Anuff, both of whom must be nearer pension age than the start of their careers. 

I very much get the feeling from the comments made by City that the summer (ish) transfer market will be one of those like a chain of house sales. When one club manages to secure a big sale they will then have the funds to buy and that will move the cash down the chain. I believe the real money moves will start with sales into Europe which may be why a Fammy deal could be a tempting prospect.

With that many players out of contract and clubs strapped for cash it's going to be a very drawn out silly season and definitely one where they buyer will have the power.

2 hours ago, sephjnr said:

The PL list is also just as interesting. Quite a lot of names are OOC on Tuesday without extensions.

How very proper the list is. Now, amongst others, I know that Joe Hart's full name is Charles Joseph John Hart. Didn't see anyone on the list in our price bracket the would get me excited to sign. 

15 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

How very proper the list is. Now, amongst others, I know that Joe Hart's full name is Charles Joseph John Hart. Didn't see anyone on the list in our price bracket the would get me excited to sign. 

If we stayed down (likely more than not). Jordon Ibe, 24, is walking out of Bournemouth without a deal on Tuesday and is the kind of guy we might have a cheeky pop at if we were rolling the dice. Deffo an upgrade on COD.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Now 29, and only 140 appearances in 11 or 12 seasons at Swansea and Cardiff!

Yes, was second fiddle to Angel Rangel at Swansea in Prem league in his early 20s, but can played in Prem and top end Champ all career....albeit as you say not played tonnes of games.

On a free, the impacts of covid hitting home.

Started creating some charts to compare to Jack and Pedro:

E70B5898-F1CC-4482-B54D-63F227816EBC.thumb.jpeg.5fdf943a5a2ac47b6788401f594e85ee.jpeg

8E3593E7-5335-4B82-BD13-345652482E23.thumb.jpeg.a3b1af7baee3d502189b9e97e1b5134d.jpeg

152EB44E-6A5F-42BC-9A06-E80647C3E388.thumb.jpeg.d3f2e698d47dd0640e2508acc925794e.jpeg

red dotted line is average for the Championship.

11 hours ago, sephjnr said:

If we stayed down (likely more than not). Jordon Ibe, 24, is walking out of Bournemouth without a deal on Tuesday and is the kind of guy we might have a cheeky pop at if we were rolling the dice. Deffo an upgrade on COD.

Signed for Bournemouth for £15mill, his wages will be astronomical for a player who has very much flattered to deceive! 

6 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Signed for Bournemouth for £15mill, his wages will be astronomical for a player who has very much flattered to deceive! 

At the least a relegated team would take him on bigger wages than we could afford 

18 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sam Hutchinson from Wednesday worth a look? A nasty bugger in midfield from what I`ve seen of him.

Yes he is....Ben Pearson is Sam Hutchinson v2.0!!

From what I’ve read I don’t think LJ and him would get on very well!!

Archived