IGNORED

Best goals in a Bristol Derby

Super

29 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Tony Thorpe's header after Aaron Browns run down the left

What a great night that was, right before Christmas as well.

40 minutes ago, Super said:

Obviously been great goals over the years. JET scored a stunner as did Gary Smart back in the day for the blue half. Any others stand out?

My first Bristol Derby was in 1990 and I’m struggling to think of a better goal than JETs.

Mind you, there hasn’t been many actual games in the last 20 years.

For balance I think Beadle scored quite a good goal for the slags when they won 2-0 at the Gate in 1996 but JETs is still the best one I’ve seen.

Paul Agostino scored a couple of decent ones, the one in the 1-1 draw at AG when he ran at them from the halfway line was decent, as was the header from Junior Bent’s cross at Trumpton in the 4-2.

Remember the Garland goal, the gap was probably even bigger then than it is now, humiliating for them (it was the sixth) but they must be used it by now.

In the interest of balance, Penrice scored a cracker in 1988 (I think) at the East End. My Gas uncle was in the east end with me and could barely control his excitement. I think a combination of him being quite old and with a group of City supporting mates saves him from a little tickle!

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m sorry - I know it was grubby - but for what it meant, Louie Donowas will always be the best goal scored in a Bristol Derby.

It signaled the end of the 'will you ever beat the Gas?' dirge they used to sing.. 

43 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m sorry - I know it was grubby - but for what it meant, Louie Donowas will always be the best goal scored in a Bristol Derby.

Agreed!  I can see it now, thought he cocked it up only for the ball to be spilled and headed in.  Pandemonium!  And being feet from them only added to the moment!!!  I still owe Louie a beer for that!

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

Gary Smart 3 mins from time to win a game which we should have been out of sight in always sticks in my mind. Totally out of nowhere and devastating

Down to the keeper (The late Tim Carter i think?) Made some incredible saves. They scored with pretty much only effort. Some goal though.

Archived