IGNORED

Best goals in a Bristol Derby

Super

3 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Sorry to bring this up, but - when the gas beat us 4-0 on ITV about 1992? with Malcolm Allison in charge - I seem to remember ALL FOUR goals were screamers!

I shall now go away and hide in shame ?

Remember it well . Was on my birthday live on tv . :grr:

7 hours ago, TomF said:

First goal in this one is decent..

Love the way that Kenny Stroud (was it?) who scored the first goal - the commentator said he ran a guesthouse in Swindon and played for us part-time. 

No wonder he had the time available to do that - who the f’@k would want to stay in Swindon!

10 hours ago, Big C said:

Gary Smart 3 mins from time to win a game which we should have been out of sight in always sticks in my mind. Totally out of nowhere and devastating

Absolute robbery that day. If I remember correctly the late Tim Carter was in goal and got injured went off for ages and Twenty man went in goal for them.

Beat them 3-0 in the Freight Rover three weeks before at Ashton Gate as well

5 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

Love the way that Kenny Stroud (was it?) who scored the first goal - the commentator said he ran a guesthouse in Swindon and played for us part-time. 

No wonder he had the time available to do that - who the f’@k would want to stay in Swindon!

Close. It was actually Kenny Swindon who owned a guest house in Stroud. 

13 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Sorry to bring this up, but - when the gas beat us 4-0 on ITV about 1992? with Malcolm Allison in charge - I seem to remember ALL FOUR goals were screamers!

I shall now go away and hide in shame ?

I was bang in line with the first goal (Justin Channing I think). He must've hit it from 35 yards and it took what seemed an eternity to hit the net. We were screaming at Welchy to move (we could all see where it was going) but Keith was a bit slow to react and it was past him before he really went for it. ? And it was all downhill from there!

Topman robin thanks, been looking for that for ages.

Watch juniors, goal and how he terrorises the defence.

Also rob edwards challenge on allsop on 54 minutes, tasty.

Best thing the commentator said, on 58 minutes, ian holloways would have got that in recent years, sadly his legs have gone!

We had many of our reserves that night playing intrestingly.

Louis looked like a schoolboy.

Have to go a long way to beat juniors goal.

A must watch.

Any goal against that lot fills me with joy.However top of the chart for me is

Louis Donowa - the feeling as it trickled over the line ?

All 4 goals when we finally beat them in the league at Trumpton.The double decker bus was rocking on the way back to briz that day.

JET what a strike,just got into the Dolman walking along the front and bang!

Kenny Stroud what a goal that was.

Martin Hurst - didn’t realise the ball went in the net.The muller Rd went mental.I was only 13.First derby away.

To be fair to Rovers they used to score great goals against us in the last minute.I hate them.

On 25/06/2020 at 09:27, Super said:

Obviously been great goals over the years. JET scored a stunner as did Gary Smart back in the day for the blue half. Any others stand out?

Still bitter about the Gary Smart goal to this day. Absolutely battered them, and then he hit the perfect shot (who was it past - John Shaw, Keith Waugh?) into the open end goal to steal the game at the end. One of those moments that if you were there you'll never forget. And to top it all it was New Years day.

Lambert's with Basso on his knees, Gary Smart's, Randall rounding Mike Hooper in the 1 nil down 3- 1 up game, Holloway beating City's awful offsde trap at the Tote End, Beadle's last minute equaliser, Mehew's lob in the amazing League Cup turn around.

So many to choose from :)

EDit: Oh and all 4 in the 4-0 at Twerton :)

On 25/06/2020 at 10:30, Silvio Dante said:

I’m sorry - I know it was grubby - but for what it meant, Louie Donowas will always be the best goal scored in a Bristol Derby.

A throbbing sweaty night. Limbs, cider and ecstasy.. Loved it. Voice has just recovered 

13 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Topman robin thanks, been looking for that for ages.

Watch juniors, goal and how he terrorises the defence.

Also rob edwards challenge on allsop on 54 minutes, tasty.

Best thing the commentator said, on 58 minutes, ian holloways would have got that in recent years, sadly his legs have gone!

We had many of our reserves that night playing intrestingly.

Louis looked like a schoolboy.

Have to go a long way to beat juniors goal.

A must watch.

Pretty much Juniors last touch for City too - next day he signed for Blackpool. Way to sign off. 

Archived