IGNORED

Lee Johnson talking to Burnley

Hxj

7 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

PLEASE tell me this is true. Johnson out!! He is full of bull shit.

There maybe a vacancy at Burnley

LJ maybe in a queue for any such vacancy

Maybe Mark Hughes and about a hundred others maybe in the queue as well, if a vacancy occurs.

Maybe he has talked with them, if so he`s probably far from finished as he can talk.

So sorry more chance of Weston/Bournemouth beaches being empty :sad26:

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

This thread is a prime example of how toxic this forum is and how ungrateful, shortsighted and entitled 90% of the members are. 

Talking of short sighted, you aren’t the one putting around the rumour that our football is easy on the eye, are you?

2 hours ago, Fatalist said:

FLW must be pretty reliable as they report that "Johnson's teams play football that is easy on the eye". Who can doubt them after that insight?

you could say that was true, if you were stevie wonder. id love a manager with a real desire to win again, not just try and cope with the opposition and nick wins. when was the last time city outplayed anyone?? (downend city beat me to stevie wonder ages ago)

6 hours ago, 2015 said:

My message to the Burnley chairman is this..

He is a fantastic Manager who out fought Jose Mourinho tactically in December 2017. Never falls out with any players and will win you the League in 5 years. Will improve your home form and will never blame the players for failure.

Which League?

Northern Premier!

Interesting comment about LJ in a bewlow the line comment on Lancashire Live.

Johnson's teams play good football, no doubt about that but I don't think he's mature enough for the Premier League, he's too easily wound up by opposing managers, he completely lost it on the touchline against us because a decision went against him, Mowbray just played with him, we've taken 6 points off them this season.

Past reputation maybe, style of play wise?

The rest is quite interesting too, or a new angle anyway!

48 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Please please let this be true, I might then decide to renew my season ticket next season, I just cannot cope with another season of such turgid uninspiring football 

Well said Galway Red. I've modified it for personal feelings. 

My goodness me some interesting posts here. We all have a view on LJ. Him going to a premier league team. Why ? What on earth has he achieved in the game.  A fair non descriptive lower league player in his day,  achieved nothing of note as a manager. Had the dream ticket here for five years and we are a fair to average championship side. He’s had support of perhaps best owner in English football and odds on we will be lower this season than last.  Yes, he talks the talk but  that where it ends.  
what premier league chairman would risk LJ  and why.  Sorry. Bull shite only goes so far 

3 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Talking of short sighted, you aren’t the one putting around the rumour that our football is easy on the eye, are you?

Ungrateful for what? What have we to be grateful for exactly?  Some of our fans are so lacking in ambition it makes me sick.

no wonder we never get anywhere and get overtaken by the likes of Bournemouth and Brighton with ridiculous attitudes like this.

johnsons football is dire and in 7 years as a manager he’s achieved nothing of note. 

are you seriously saying that we should be grateful for a mid table finish with dire football. Absolutely hilarious.

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Ungrateful for what? What have we to be grateful for exactly?  Some of our fans are so lacking in ambition it makes me sick.

no wonder we never get anywhere and get overtaken by the likes of Bournemouth and Brighton with ridiculous attitudes like this.

johnsons football is dire and in 7 years as a manager he’s achieved nothing of note. 

are you seriously saying that we should be grateful for a mid table finish with dire football. Absolutely hilarious.

Think you’re quoting the wrong person there my friend. Agree with every point your making above.

I was replying to Lee Johnson’s number 1 fan Matty Taylor is God.  The poor chap seems convinced LJ is the next messiah and little details like seeing the same old shit being served up on the pitch each week isn’t going to change his unshakable belief in LJ’s incredible football brain.

His eyes obviously see something completely different from the rest of us!

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Bournemouth breached FFP at a time it was less risky to do so.

Brighton built up- they basically trebled attendances on promotion as they moved from Withdean to Amex- the timing couldn't have been much better!

One didn't care about the rules at a time that punishment and ability to constrict was different, the other built up within trhem and overtook us- looking at 2011 to present, we've only really caught up off the pitch with Brighton in the last couple of years and that might only be Brighton at Championship level I mean- they had a huge latent fanbase, went from gates of 7k to 20k overnight basically. That provided a strong starting point.

Might be worth looking at these factors too for a balanced perspective.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bournemouth breached FFP at a time it was less risky to do so.

Brighton built up- they basically trebled attendances on promotion as they moved from Withdean to Amex- the timing couldn't have been much better!

One didn't care about the rules at a time that punishment and ability to constrict was different, the other built up within trhem and overtook us- we've only really caught up off the pitch with Brighton in the last couple of years- they had a huge latent fanbase, went from gates of 7k to 20k overnight basically. That provided a strong starting point.

Might be worth looking at these factors too for a balanced perspective.

Fair enough mr pop I know you are the ffp guru and don’t dispute what you say. I was making the point really that clubs with equal or less support than us have done better and that we shouldn’t be settling for the tripe we are currently being served. I could of mentioned Brentford or Burnley or Watford even.

my point is if people think Johnson is overachieving then that lack of ambition is exactly what is holding us back.

9 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Or a more balanced excuse..

Fair point. Possibly these clubs seized the moment at an opportune time, something we've not been good at down the years. Missing the playoffs 2 years ago for example, never should have- and the experience of the Cup ties- well what better preparation for the playoffs!

5 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Fair enough mr pop I know you are the ffp guru and don’t dispute what you say. I was making the point really that clubs with equal or less support than us have done better and that we shouldn’t be settling for the tripe we are currently being served. I could of mentioned Brentford or Burnley or Watford even.

my point is if people think Johnson is overachieving then that lack of ambition is exactly what is holding us back.

Fair point. Burnley are a great example, thought of Watford as more of a yoyo club in modern times but true. Brentford are surely overachieving- not in terms of players and coaching which look excellent but resources.

Purely personal view, certainly don't think he's overachieving- possibly in and around par IMO results wise and performance, well this is much below what we could achieve. Has he run out of road here?

On the thread topic, I don't think there is anything in the story, at least with LJ but in general I find it is often quite instructive not so much to look at the publication but the journo.

Matt Hughes I find to be quite credible. Was at the Times for a long while,  worked his way up- certainly nothing like every story by any journo, will be right but he's pretty good from what I've read of him.

14 hours ago, Top Robin said:

If Brighton can replace Chris Hughton with Graham Potter then there is every chance Burnley could replace Dyche with Johnson.

Last summer, I bet LJ was gutted he wasn’t in the frame for the Brighton job, not even mentioned....that must be galling.

44 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

He won't go anywhere, he's got it too easy to the gate, 

And that is part of the problem.  I hear Ashton is a bit of a knob, but he’s happy to work in that environment, because it’s safe.  I think he’s in real danger of it going stale here, perhaps it already is?

16 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Does it? We are 10th, 14 points from the relegation zone 

I am. 

10th now, based on form; only on a downward trajectory.

Its not unreasonable to assume that we may finish around 12th-15th. Hence the parallels with his father.

Things might change after this weekend of course. Sheff Wed is such a key game now; as i cant see us getting anything at Forest.

I admire your steadfast support of LJ in a way; and would like to think its genuine; rather than just a devils advocate clickbait.

Time will tell.

Please dear lord let this come off!

I don't care whether he does go on to bigger things and manage a big club one day. I cant sit around watching this drivel while he learns on the job and continues to dish up this tripe! 

There seems to be an acceptance because hes one of the new guys, and has been praised in the media of late for being a future talent that he will come good one day and would be stupid to let him go.

However, no one is saying we made a mistake letting Roy Hodgson leave and he went on to manage liverpool inter milan and England.

He has an enormous squad, and one he has little clue what to do with. Cant imagine any of the players respect him and see very little evidence of the players playing for him. He may come good somewhere else but the damage he has done is too great to repair here.

You've got a top table squad at the club, been given endless resources from the board and you've turned us into an established mid table team, playing dull football and looking a class below the lights of fulham and Leeds.

Good luck in Burnley, now please leave 

21 minutes ago, City18 said:

Please dear lord let this come off!

I don't care whether he does go on to bigger things and manage a big club one day. I cant sit around watching this drivel while he learns on the job and continues to dish up this tripe! 

There seems to be an acceptance because hes one of the new guys, and has been praised in the media of late for being a future talent that he will come good one day and would be stupid to let him go.

However, no one is saying we made a mistake letting Roy Hodgson leave and he went on to manage liverpool inter milan and England.

He has an enormous squad, and one he has little clue what to do with. Cant imagine any of the players respect him and see very little evidence of the players playing for him. He may come good somewhere else but the damage he has done is too great to repair here.

You've got a top table squad at the club, been given endless resources from the board and you've turned us into an established mid table team, playing dull football and looking a class below the lights of fulham and Leeds.

Good luck in Burnley, now please leave 

As the saying goes, it’s the hope that kills you, so just forget about this one and save your pain mate!

Had a look at Burnley’s forum last night and they’re just scared they could get Mark Hughes, but LJ isn’t getting a mention, so really don’t think he’s in the frame sadly.

Archived