IGNORED

Lee Johnson talking to Burnley

Hxj

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Last summer, I bet LJ was gutted he wasn’t in the frame for the Brighton job, not even mentioned....that must be galling.

And that is part of the problem.  I hear Ashton is a bit of a knob, but he’s happy to work in that environment, because it’s safe.  I think he’s in real danger of it going stale here, perhaps it already is?

Potter European run with a small club- a level above LJ in some ways perhaps. Win at Emirates the notable one there- seems to have a clearer, more consistent philosophy and ethos too. Second bit perhaps more important.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Potter European run with a small club- a level above LJ in some ways perhaps. Win at Emirates the notable one there- seems to have a clearer, more consistent philosophy and ethos too. Second bit perhaps more important.

It was more that his name never even came up. 

1 hour ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Wouldn't it be great to see Lee J get the Burnley job, leave the club today/tomorrow and be replaced immediately by Steve Cotterill for a 'shit-or-bust' last 8 games.

Who thinks he'd get us in to the play-offs?

He'd get us automatic promotion, 79 points and Champions! 

15 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Their source being Lee Johnson. A club that works so hard to stay where it is seriously speaking to someone like him? 

Must be his PL experience at Watford.... 

To be fair to LJ, if your only ambition as a club is to stay where you are, he might be perfect for Burnley! 

23 hours ago, Redandproud said:

He won't go anywhere, he's got it too easy to the gate, 

I don’t necessarily think so. As he himself has said he’s ambitious and would like at some point to manage overseas. If it doesn’t work out this season or at the beginning of next, comfort zone or not I think he will be gone before his reputation is completely ruined.

21 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I don’t necessarily think so. As he himself has said he’s ambitious and would like at some point to manage overseas. If it doesn’t work out this season or at the beginning of next, comfort zone or not I think he will be gone before his reputation is completely ruined.

Hmmm...overseas.Newport perhaps?

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

If LJ is talking to Burnley and moves on then so be it. Life goes on and so will BCFC.

He’s supposedly on the shortlist should Dyche walk away from Turf Moor......way to many could, should and maybes  there for my liking.

I would love to see Dyche at AG tho. He has a very decent managerial CV - unlike our current manager.

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’s supposedly on the shortlist should Dyche walk away from Turf Moor......way to many could, should and maybes  there for my liking.

I would love to see Dyche at AG tho. He has a very decent managerial CV - unlike our current manager.

Agree with you except about Dyche coming here. Given the past I doubt he would want to anyway.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

..... which is exactly why Burnley wouldn’t be daft enough to consider him, much as many of hope and pray they would

24 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

..... which is exactly why Burnley wouldn’t be daft enough to consider him, much as many of hope and pray they would

It’s just paper talk imo. There’s not much else to fill the sports columns with.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Agree with you except about Dyche coming here. Given the past I doubt he would want to anyway.

A pal of mine reckoned  that Dyche is on £75k a week that kinda of salary would be out of City's reach for sure even if he did fancy the City job.

6 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Their source being Lee Johnson. A club that works so hard to stay where it is seriously speaking to someone like him? 

Must be his PL experience at Watford.... 

LJ's track record of being able to keep Bristol City just where we are  might make him a perfect fit for Burnley!  :)

All rubbish...be a poor appointment by Burnley, (unless they had one eye on it being an appointment for the Championship) and a poor decision by LJ as the only way is down for Burnley in my book if Dyche leaves.

LJ loves City and has a project to complete be mad to leave unless he feels the clocks actually ticking a bit now from within on his reign.

Archived