IGNORED

Lee Johnson talking to Burnley

Hxj

Just imagine if we supported Stoke or Hull or Huddersfield or....................plenty of recent Prem clubs struggling at the bottom on bigger budgets than us. I agree we have been shit but it could be a lot, lot worse. Sometimes I think we all think we should be better than we are. Perhaps we are actually punching ??

Just saw this on the BBC newspaper gossip section....

Burnley are the subject of interest from an American and Middle East consortium looking to buy a Premier League club. (Telegraph)

If so, then while I can imagine them wanting to replace Dyche, LJ is not the obvious replacement.

Seriously everyone shhhh about Lee. He is the greatest manager ever. If anyone wants a glowing job reference then I’m happy to provide one. I suggest the mods delete any thread or post that is negative in any way about the greatest manager in football and future Burnley manager.

...are they still watching??

30 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Seriously everyone shhhh about Lee. He is the greatest manager ever. If anyone wants a glowing job reference then I’m happy to provide one. I suggest the mods delete any thread or post that is negative in any way about the greatest manager in football and future Burnley manager.

...are they still watching??

They need to delete those threadS as they must just be from jealous opposition fans as we have outplayed them that weekend with our scintillating football that, if anything, is too exciting....

and Callum O’Dowda is the Irish Messi.....

We would all be so disappointed if they paid us £10m for both and took them both off our hands and we would in no way pay the train fare ourselves.... 

5 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Just imagine if we supported Stoke or Hull or Huddersfield or....................plenty of recent Prem clubs struggling at the bottom on bigger budgets than us. I agree we have been shit but it could be a lot, lot worse. Sometimes I think we all think we should be better than we are. Perhaps we are actually punching ??

Give it 7 years.

On 26/06/2020 at 16:31, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Wouldn't it be great to see Lee J get the Burnley job, leave the club today/tomorrow and be replaced immediately by Steve Cotterill for a 'shit-or-bust' last 8 games.

Who thinks he'd get us in to the play-offs?

I would hope that if we appointed a new manager it would be one with a better with a better win ratio than little lee at championship level!

If we are defeated today.... Harry and Cotts for the remainder of the Season on the sort of terms Birmingham offered, but for us to get promoted.

Will never happen but what’s to lose (apart from a town in France)?

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

If we are defeated today.... Harry and Cotts for the remainder of the Season on the sort of terms Birmingham offered, but for us to get promoted.

Will never happen but what’s to lose (apart from a town in France)?

I really wouldn’t want harry redknapp anywhere near our club .

15 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

I really wouldn’t want harry redknapp anywhere near our club .

Team selection would be interesting at City if he was manager. When he was interviewed by police who were investigating tax evasion he said: 
“You talk to anybody at the football club. I don't write. I couldn't even fill a team sheet in." 

4 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

And he can’t even control his dog ?, bloody thing eating all his tax records 

His dog had a secret bank account in Monaco. That quite an achievement for a dog 

13 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Sometimes I think we all think we should be better than we are. 

Yes, and? 

I'd imagine this is precisely what SL thought when he first joined the board, and when he became owner. And what he thinks right now. Precisely what Harry Dolman would've been thinking way back when. Precisely what the people running Bristol City in the late 1800/early 1900s were thinking. Precisely what anyone whoever achieved anything worthwhile or improved something thought at some point.

When you stop thinking "we should be better" what do you think instead? What is it we should be thinking instead of "we should be better than we are?"

58 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Yes, and? 

I'd imagine this is precisely what SL thought when he first joined the board, and when he became owner. And what he thinks right now. Precisely what Harry Dolman would've been thinking way back when. Precisely what the people running Bristol City in the late 1800/early 1900s were thinking. Precisely what anyone whoever achieved anything worthwhile or improved something thought at some point.

When you stop thinking "we should be better" what do you think instead? What is it we should be thinking instead of "we should be better than we are?"

We are where we belong? 

14 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Is that so unreasonable to think we should be better though?  

Let’s be honest, we’ve spent a huge amount on players, who seemed like real upgrades on what we already had and were priced accordingly. We could probably put out two completely different 11’s from our first team squad, who would have plenty of 1st team experience, so depth of squad certainly isn’t a problem

We have never spent as much on players as we are now, we are buying players with proven records with other clubs, or genuinely promising young players.

You’d expect with the squad we have available, we’d be seeing some genuine progress on the field by now.

Given that we now seem to be going backwards and LJ continues to spout ever more bullshit, is it really so unreasonable that the fans are getting increasingly unhappy with the situation?

LJ has had way more time and financial support than his predecessors, but seems incapable of pulling us out of the mediocrity he’s created.  

Personally, I’d be far more worried if fans were happy to keep accepting this dross, because if we did, we’d be just getting what we deserved.

Archived