IGNORED

Lee Johnson talking to Burnley

Hxj

48 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Weimann wide right? What about Watkins?

I don't mind Kalas being dropped. He could turn out to have been a very bad signing if he does not get back to his best. A lot of money spent on him.

Williams and Baker did form a fantastic partnership over 4 games earlier this season.

What about him?  He's ******* terrible.

5 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Yeah he’s also got a track record of leaving clubs totally in the shit financially 

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s an absolute myth ...

3 hours ago, glen humphries said:

I suppose you think he’s not a tax dodger as well 

3 hours ago, glen humphries said:

I’m waiting for your facts 

Hi, apologies for the delay, I've had a few things to do today. Right, you said Redknapp has "a track record of leaving clubs totally in the sh*t financially" - and as you know, I disagreed and said i'd provide some supporting facts and figures. Please bear with me … here we go, first the facts, then some figures:-

As Bournemouth boss he won the 3rd division title for them with 97 points, dumping Man Utd out of the FA Cup along the way.

As West Ham boss he took them to a 5th place finish in the premier league whilst developing and giving debuts to Frank Lampard Jnr, Michael Carrick, Glen Johnson, Jermain Defoe, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand etc - thus producing a whole generation of young starlets who would secure great future financial paybacks for West Ham. He also brought in Paolo Di Canio. 

As Pompey boss the first time, he won the division one title for them, took them into the premier league and kept them there whilst the other two clubs that went up with Pompey were relegated after one season. He resigned when a Director of Football was appointed above him and he turned down Mandaric’s pay off offer of a car plus £150k saying he should invest it in Pompey’s youth development programme.

As Saints boss he was unsuccessful and resigned when Clive Woodward was appointed to the coaching staff saying he couldn’t work with him

As Pompey boss the second time, he took them to a 9th placed finish in the premier league, he won the FA Cup for them, took them into European competition in the UEFA Cup and was granted the ‘Freedom of Portsmouth’ shortly after leaving 

As Spurs boss he took them to two 4th placed finishes in the premier league, took them into the champions league and was awarded ‘Premier League Manager of the Year’ 

As QPR boss they were relegated under him but he got them promoted back to the premier league the next season; he left when he said his health meant he couldn’t give 100% to the job.

And as for the regular ‘he left every club he was manager of in a state of financial crisis' claims:

At Bournemouth he bought players for £1.12m and sold players for £1.77m

At West Ham he bought players for £52m and sold players for £77m

At Pompey the first time, he bought players for £7.65m and sold players for £5.4m

At Saints he bought players for £2.5m and sold players for £16m

At Pompey the second time, he bought players for £68m and sold players for £100m

At Spurs he bought players for £227m and sold players for £230m

At QPR he bought players for £49m and sold players for £38m

It isn't really worth including his time at Brum as he was only there for the last month of one season and the first month of the next season.

So, those figures pretty much show that he hasn’t left any club bankrupt, but the hysterical way people claim he ‘bled clubs dry’ etc is hilarious, the owners of all his clubs sanctioned transfers and salaries, it wasn’t down to Harry. But he generally spent less than he brought in and ensured most of his clubs enjoyed the riches of the Premier League whilst also taking two into European competition in the Champions League and UEFA Cup.

And whilst he was at Pompey they made an offer for Papa Bouba Diop which was turned down, the owner Mandaric wanted to make an improved offer but Harry told him not to as the player wasn’t worth the increased fee...that doesn't 'smack' of a reckless attitude to spending a club's money. He has also consistently said that whilst he was at all of his clubs he wasn’t involved in the negotiations regarding players’ salaries so he didn’t know what they earned. And to answer your further claim - he was totally cleared of any tax evasion and was found 'not guilty.'

So, you think clubs that employ him are left 'totally in the sh*t financially' - I think his track record of success, and consistently spending less than he brought in, suggests otherwise....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hi, apologies for the delay, I've had a few things to do today. Right, you said Redknapp has "a track record of leaving clubs totally in the sh*t financially" - and as you know, I disagreed and said i'd provide some supporting facts and figures. Please bear with me … here we go, first the facts, then some figures:-

As Bournemouth boss he won the 3rd division title for them with 97 points, dumping Man Utd out of the FA Cup along the way.

As West Ham boss he took them to a 5th place finish in the premier league whilst developing and giving debuts to Frank Lampard Jnr, Michael Carrick, Glen Johnson, Jermain Defoe, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand etc - thus producing a whole generation of young starlets who would secure great future financial paybacks for West Ham. He also brought in Paolo Di Canio. 

As Pompey boss the first time, he won the division one title for them, took them into the premier league and kept them there whilst the other two clubs that went up with Pompey were relegated after one season. He resigned when a Director of Football was appointed above him and he turned down Mandaric’s pay off offer of a car plus £150k saying he should invest it in Pompey’s youth development programme.

As Saints boss he was unsuccessful and resigned when Clive Woodward was appointed to the coaching staff saying he couldn’t work with him

As Pompey boss the second time, he took them to a 9th placed finish in the premier league, he won the FA Cup for them, took them into European competition in the UEFA Cup and was granted the ‘Freedom of Portsmouth’ shortly after leaving 

As Spurs boss he took them to two 4th placed finishes in the premier league, took them into the champions league and was awarded ‘Premier League Manager of the Year’ 

As QPR boss they were relegated under him but he got them promoted back to the premier league the next season; he left when he said his health meant he couldn’t give 100% to the job.

And as for the regular ‘he left every club he was manager of in a state of financial crisis' claims:

At Pompey the first time, he bought players for £7.65m and sold players for £5.4m

At Pompey the second time, he bought players for £68m and sold players for £100m

It isn't really worth including his time at Brum as he was only there for the last month of one season and the first month of the next season.

So, those figures pretty much show that he hasn’t left any club bankrupt, but the hysterical way people claim he ‘bled clubs dry’ etc is hilarious, the owners of all his clubs sanctioned transfers and salaries, it wasn’t down to Harry. But he generally spent less than he brought in and ensured most of his clubs enjoyed the riches of the Premier League whilst also taking two into European competition in the Champions League and UEFA Cup.

And whilst he was at Pompey they made an offer for Papa Bouba Diop which was turned down, the owner Mandaric wanted to make an improved offer but Harry told him not to as the player wasn’t worth the increased fee...that doesn't 'smack' of a reckless attitude to spending a club's money. He has also consistently said that whilst he was at all of his clubs he wasn’t involved in the negotiations regarding players’ salaries so he didn’t know what they earned. And to answer your further claim - he was totally cleared of any tax evasion and was found 'not guilty.'

So, you think clubs that employ him are left 'totally in the sh*t financially' - I think his track record of success, and consistently spending less than he brought in, suggests otherwise....

And yet I am not aware of any of the fans at all those clubs bemoaning the fact he departed.

Silly old pundit churning out the blatantly obvious which some people like and that's where he should stay in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks for getting back , just because he’s made money on transfers proves nothing , you’re saying he has no input on wages, fact is qpr , Portsmouth, Birmingham, we’re in massive financial shit when he left them, is it all the boards fault at those clubs or had harry got some blame to take, I’d wager it’s a bit of both 

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rednapp is a proven manager with so many contacts in the game..and I don't think Lansdown would allow him to take the p*ss with his money. 

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Personal opinion;

I don't think that LJ has the motivational skills to succeed at the highest level. Coaching yeah, but kicking arse at half time?

No.

Not true there are some arses that will get kicked -he will get at anyone smaller or with their backs to him, ask the 2 visiting coaches that received low blows from behind at the gate this season

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Rednapp is a proven manager with so many contacts in the game..and I don't think Lansdown would allow him to take the p*ss with his money. 

Not being funny but who do you reckon those contacts might be, and how could they benefit Bristol City ? 

Ill give you Frank Lampard btw but I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club.

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be honest its well documented that you can't use straight up transfer fees for saying things like net spend as you don't know how much was paid upfront, you don't know how much was paid off in clauses etc ie the rumour Massengo's max price is about £8m but initial fee apparently being £2.5m ish, but gets reported in some places as £8m, Flint's got reported at £7m or so when initial was about £5m etc. Also you have amortisation etc for finances, then also the wages of the players, we've always known for City we could afford big fees but we couldn't afford the wages of players Gayle and Gray etc £9m offer or whatever it was. Birmingham for example they were paying out £40,000 a week on players in the champ which is financially massively irresponsible, now while he wouldn't be offering the contracts personally he can impress upon the board how important players are and he kept having players brought in, he needs to take at least some responsibility for that same at Portsmouth and QPR also left in a bad way financially after he left. Once forgivable, twice bit worried, three times? Get the feeling of irresponsibility   

If LJ is talking to Burnley now, I can only assume it's via a medium.  :)

14 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Not being funny but who do you reckon those contacts might be, and how could they benefit Bristol City ? 

Damn right - we don't want a name change!

52 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

You're right...after 45 years in the game, he won't have made many contacts.

Archived