IGNORED

Lee Johnson talking to Burnley

Hxj

I would just like to say Lee will show his true worth if he ever gets to be a prem manager............................................................ (I say this in the hope that The Burnley board cast their eyes over this forum)

He will also need a few hundred million to buy "a few players" and a new tombola as it seems his is broken.

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I’m still not getting my hopes up.  Look at the OP’s  post numbers.  

I reckon this is a wind up, but good to dream for a while.

It's on the BP website too, not that that's much more credible

1 minute ago, Seneca the Younger said:

It's on the BP website too, not that that's much more credible

Probably just confirms Gregor’s been having a little peek on here for some news items again.

Fingers crossed though, but just waiting to have my hopes dashed.

Oh and for any Burnley fans having a little look, he’ll be f*****g brilliant for you!!!

Would be best for all concerned IMO. 

Lee is a decent bloke but has taken us as far as possible, almost there but not quite. I think that he's frustrated and run out of ideas and the players see that and don't go that extra mile for him.

Even JM and Deano steering the ship for the remaining games could be a big enough change to see us over the line to get to the playoffs, after that, who knows what could happen. Typically when that situation arises, teams "go back to basics". There's enough talent in our squad that given licence to just "go out and play your game" may see a change in fortune.

This may be the only way that SL makes a change, being forced to do so if LJ walks because we've all seen how reluctant he's been to make the move himself. Only hope that he's prepared to make the bold move to appoint a strong character to replace because that's what these players need. Too bad Colin has been snapped up already....tin hat on time :laugh:.

All IMO of course.

COYR!

1 minute ago, City_USA said:

Would be best for all concerned IMO. 

Lee is a decent bloke but has taken us as far as possible, almost there but not quite. I think that he's frustrated and run out of ideas and the players see that and don't go that extra mile for him.

Even JM and Deano steering the ship for the remaining games could be a big enough change to see us over the line to get to the playoffs, after that, who knows what could happen. Typically when that situation arises, teams "go back to basics". There's enough talent in our squad that given licence to just "go out and play your game" may see a change in fortune.

This may be the only way that SL makes a change, being forced to do so if LJ walks because we've all seen how reluctant he's been to make the move himself. Only hope that he's prepared to make the bold move to appoint a strong character to replace because that's what these players need. Too bad Colin has been snapped up already....tin hat on time :laugh:.

All IMO of course.

COYR!

Yeah few days too late for Warnock but doubt Steve would ever appoint him 

22 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Straight swap? Can't say I aspire to be Burnley but I'd take that over what we have now

Take what Burnley have done in the last 5 years (and in their overall history) in a heartbeat over what we have achieved.  

13 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Probably just confirms Gregor’s been having a little peek on here for some news items again.

Fingers crossed though, but just waiting to have my hopes dashed.

Oh and for any Burnley fans having a little look, he’ll be f*****g brilliant for you!!!

Which he probably will. In fairness to LJ he’s done a lot for the club and I believe a change of environment would be healthy for him .

This would be like birthday and Christmas. Sadly the only place the Johnson to Burnley conversation has taken place is in LJ’s head. 

Do we think they’d really appoint a manager without watching his team play football. Of course not. 

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Just had a look at the Burnley forum and sounds like this came from the Daily Mail, so must be bollox.

https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47975

Their responses range from incredulity to absolute horror and you can safely say they aren’t volunteering to come down and pick him up!

Surely not, must be some kind of mistake! 

11 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Just had a look at the Burnley forum and sounds like this came from the Daily Mail, so must be bollox.

https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47975

Their responses range from incredulity to absolute horror and you can safely say they aren’t volunteering to come down and pick him up!

Will they meet us halfway/Frankley services? 

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Bet you’re one of those that wanted GJ out to? That went well didn’t it

The only reason it didn’t go to well was because he left us in a complete mess.

it took 3-4 years to get rid of all his rubbish. The same happened at Yeovil.

He is a manager for the here and now, he leaves zero foundations behind.

The source Lee Johnson; self proclaimed 'brightest young manager'.

Burnley: Lee had a tough upbringing in the Newmarket Bronx, he has access to the SAS and other world class schools of learning, excellent Microsoft 365 skills (Corridor of Uncertainty slide 46), a cliche for every post match interview, you won't be disappointed. Champions League in 5 seasons.   

Dyche has done a great job with Burnley but may feel he's gone as far as he can. They were dreadful at the start of the season before finding some form to pull themselves back up the table. According to their local rag he only named 7 substitutes, two of whom were goalkeepers, out of a possible 9 spots on the bench. Sounds a bit like the Cotts situation. 

The Burnley rag reported if Dyche did leave then Villa could be a destination while Mark Hughes was speculated as a replacement. At the bottom of the article it also mentioned LJs name had been speculated about in the Daily Mail story. 

It's one of those "nothing to see here" type stories most likely seeded by Dyche himself or one of his people to up the pressure on the club to provide more transfer funds. If it fails, Dyche walks away with his reputation intact as the clubs chairman looks like the bad guy. 

To me this Burnley stuff is symptomatic of the cult of LJ. He's lauded as one the finest coaches outside the Prem, blah blah blah in all the media and on sky.

But despite the resources available to him, he's achieved nothing of any note at all.

If I was a Thomas Frank, Alex Neill, Biesla, or even Neil Harris. I'd be thinking the myth of LJ. If I had at my disposal, what he's had. City at the very least would have been in the play offs over the last few years.

When they play us, they must be expecting some masterclass. But all they get is a confused muddle of a team.

In certain circles he obviously talks the talk, and that gets him through. I've no doubt  however other managers, consider him a bit of a fraud though in terms of his so called ability and achievement.

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Bet you’re one of those that wanted GJ out to? That went well didn’t it

Stayed one season too long, and left while we were already on the downward slope.

Fingers crossed we dont make the same decision again, groundhog day style.

Archived