IGNORED

Lee Johnson talking to Burnley

Hxj

We know it won't happen due to on the pitch reasons but even if LJ did go to Burnley, was replaced by Dyche, he wouldn't come here irrespective of the on field league position. Sure he called his time here a 'disaster' a few years ago.

As for Dyche, he's clearly far better than LJ but he still has certain shortcomings.

I don't know if there's anything concrete in this story or whether it's just a media outlet pushing out names. However, if there is any truth in him being on a shortlist, it just goes to show that whatever people may think on here he is still on a wanted list of managers by mid to lower Premier league sides, given that he's been linked with West Ham and Southampton previously. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't know if there's anything concrete in this story or whether it's just a media outlet pushing out names. However, if there is any truth in him being on a shortlist, it just goes to show that whatever people may think on here he is still on a wanted list of managers by mid to lower Premier league sides, given that he's been linked with West Ham and Southampton previously. 

Logical for him to be on a shortlist

Well he wouldn't be on a tall list would he?

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We know it won't happen due to on the pitch reasons but even if LJ did go to Burnley, was replaced by Dyche, he wouldn't come here irrespective of the on field league position. Sure he called his time here a 'disaster' a few years ago.

As for Dyche, he's clearly far better than LJ but he still has certain shortcomings.

Dyche has been touted for top 6 jobs, can easily see him getting West Ham job if he left at the end of the season, West Ham stayed up and sacked Moyes

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

His 'disaster' (which I don't disagree with) was as a player though, not as a manager. The thing here is that, without being totally daft, I think we're an attractive proposition as a club with an owner prepared to give a manager both time and a fair budget

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

His 'disaster' (which I don't disagree with) was as a player though, not as a manager. The thing here is that, without being totally daft, I think we're an attractive proposition as a club with an owner prepared to give a manager both time and a fair budget

Of course it was as a player and he'd be an impressive choice, a coup were he to join. My thinking is that his time as a player, and the term 'disaster' was stated by him might put him off joining as a manager?

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just has been touted for top 6 jobs, can easily see him getting West Ham job if he left at the end of the season, West Ham stayed up and sacked Moyes

Possible, but check some of his transfers. There are limitations in how he utilises some of them. Some of them aren't cheap for a club like Burnley albeit in PL!

Ben Gibson, £15m one start. Mind you Tarkowski and Mee are difficult to displace!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Possible, but check some of his transfers. There are limitations in how he utilises some of them. Some of them aren't cheap for a club like Burnley albeit in PL!

Ben Gibson, £15m one start. Mind you Tarkowski and Mee are difficult to displace!

Webster wasn't an initial starter for Brighton, took several games to displace Duffy and thats a £20m signing

13 minutes ago, hodge said:

Dyche has been touted for top 6 jobs, can easily see him getting West Ham job if he left at the end of the season, West Ham stayed up and sacked Moyes

So Johnson goes to Burnley, Dyce to West Ham, and Moyes to us? I wouldn't complain about that!!

We'll still have Johnson here next season. Even if we don't make "progress" from last season, the excuse will be that the season was disrupted, and it's understandable that we slipped away from the playoffs because of this.

BTW, I have little to no faith that there is anything in this story whatsoever. In fact if Johnson goes to Burnley, I'll finish eating my hat that I started when we signed David James!

Just now, Taz said:

So Johnson goes to Burnley, Dyce to West Ham, and Moyes to us? I wouldn't complain about that!!

We'll still have Johnson here next season. Even if we don't make "progress" from last season, the excuse will be that the season was disrupted, and it's understandable that we slipped away from the playoffs because of this.

BTW, I have little to no faith that there is anything in this story whatsoever. In fact if Johnson goes to Burnley, I'll finish eating my hat that I started when we signed David James!

I really hope we do not get Moyes in! Been cack for years now.

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Not convinced by Moyes in modern football tbh, its evolved a lot since he was at Everton and his record post-Everton is disappointing to say the least

10 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I really hope we do not get Moyes in! Been cack for years now.

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Not convinced by Moyes in modern football tbh, its evolved a lot since he was at Everton and his record post-Everton is disappointing to say the least

I don’t think Moyes would want to come to City but, if he did want to come, I wouldn’t complain. I agree he’s past his best, but his “past his best” is still probably better than LJ. It would probably be a drab style of play with him in charge but I could live with that as we’d  win more matches. 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Yes we want a good up and coming manager....

Neil Warnock has only got 8 more matches at Middlesbrough and then he’s available. Like a fine wine, he’s improving with age 

3 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

A manager that has constantly achieved our highest league finish every season in recent memory excluding 2008

Just to say your point being "If you ignore the higher one, he's delivered our highest finish" doesn't mean much.

Even ignoring 2008, we also finished 10th the year after, and 15th the year after that.

In 15/16 we were 18th, in 16/17 we were 17th, and in 17/18 we were 11th - so all lower than 09/10, and two lower than 10/11.

To say he has "constantly" done it is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think? He's finished higher than our SECOND best finish last time... once. By two places.

We are currently sitting 10th - the same as the 09/10 season.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Then the job is his . The minute he gets his power point presentation over with they’ll be kissing his hairy arse

Will Burnley let him shell out for a Brazilian to smooth things over?

Johnson is renowned for his bare-faced cheek.

Guaranteed they'll have an Anus Horribilis.  (sic)

3 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Be careful what you wish for. 

Of course there is often truth is this saying but how the hell can we settle for the dire football that’s had been on offer the last two years in bs3. If that’s the best we can hope for from our club I will walk away now. 

Archived