Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Lee Johnson talking to Burnley

14 hours ago, Top Robin said:

If Brighton can replace Chris Hughton with Graham Potter then there is every chance Burnley could replace Dyche with Johnson.

Last summer, I bet LJ was gutted he wasn’t in the frame for the Brighton job, not even mentioned....that must be galling.

44 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

He won't go anywhere, he's got it too easy to the gate, 

And that is part of the problem.  I hear Ashton is a bit of a knob, but he’s happy to work in that environment, because it’s safe.  I think he’s in real danger of it going stale here, perhaps it already is?

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Does it? We are 10th, 14 points from the relegation zone 

I am. 

10th now, based on form; only on a downward trajectory.

Its not unreasonable to assume that we may finish around 12th-15th. Hence the parallels with his father.

Things might change after this weekend of course. Sheff Wed is such a key game now; as i cant see us getting anything at Forest.

I admire your steadfast support of LJ in a way; and would like to think its genuine; rather than just a devils advocate clickbait.

Time will tell.

21 minutes ago, City18 said:

Please dear lord let this come off!

I don't care whether he does go on to bigger things and manage a big club one day. I cant sit around watching this drivel while he learns on the job and continues to dish up this tripe! 

There seems to be an acceptance because hes one of the new guys, and has been praised in the media of late for being a future talent that he will come good one day and would be stupid to let him go.

However, no one is saying we made a mistake letting Roy Hodgson leave and he went on to manage liverpool inter milan and England.

He has an enormous squad, and one he has little clue what to do with. Cant imagine any of the players respect him and see very little evidence of the players playing for him. He may come good somewhere else but the damage he has done is too great to repair here.

You've got a top table squad at the club, been given endless resources from the board and you've turned us into an established mid table team, playing dull football and looking a class below the lights of fulham and Leeds.

Good luck in Burnley, now please leave 

As the saying goes, it’s the hope that kills you, so just forget about this one and save your pain mate!

Had a look at Burnley’s forum last night and they’re just scared they could get Mark Hughes, but LJ isn’t getting a mention, so really don’t think he’s in the frame sadly.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Last summer, I bet LJ was gutted he wasn’t in the frame for the Brighton job, not even mentioned....that must be galling.

And that is part of the problem.  I hear Ashton is a bit of a knob, but he’s happy to work in that environment, because it’s safe.  I think he’s in real danger of it going stale here, perhaps it already is?

Potter European run with a small club- a level above LJ in some ways perhaps. Win at Emirates the notable one there- seems to have a clearer, more consistent philosophy and ethos too. Second bit perhaps more important.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
11 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Wouldn't it be great to see Lee J get the Burnley job, leave the club today/tomorrow and be replaced immediately by Steve Cotterill for a 'shit-or-bust' last 8 games.

Who thinks he'd get us in to the play-offs?

🤪

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Potter European run with a small club- a level above LJ in some ways perhaps. Win at Emirates the notable one there- seems to have a clearer, more consistent philosophy and ethos too. Second bit perhaps more important.

It was more that his name never even came up. 

1 hour ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Wouldn't it be great to see Lee J get the Burnley job, leave the club today/tomorrow and be replaced immediately by Steve Cotterill for a 'shit-or-bust' last 8 games.

Who thinks he'd get us in to the play-offs?

He'd get us automatic promotion, 79 points and Champions! 

• Haha 2
On 25/06/2020 at 13:04, Hxj said:

Football media source

Their source being Lee Johnson. A club that works so hard to stay where it is seriously speaking to someone like him? 

Must be his PL experience at Watford.... 

15 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Their source being Lee Johnson. A club that works so hard to stay where it is seriously speaking to someone like him? 

To be fair to LJ, if your only ambition as a club is to stay where you are, he might be perfect for Burnley! 

On 25/06/2020 at 20:55, YorkshireSection said:

I've got Covid-19 so could do with some good news!

I hope you get through it and i wish you a speedy recovery 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Redandproud said:

He won't go anywhere, he's got it too easy to the gate, 

I don’t necessarily think so. As he himself has said he’s ambitious and would like at some point to manage overseas. If it doesn’t work out this season or at the beginning of next, comfort zone or not I think he will be gone before his reputation is completely ruined.

21 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I don’t necessarily think so. As he himself has said he’s ambitious and would like at some point to manage overseas. If it doesn’t work out this season or at the beginning of next, comfort zone or not I think he will be gone before his reputation is completely ruined.

Hmmm...overseas.Newport perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

If LJ is talking to Burnley and moves on then so be it. Life goes on and so will BCFC.

He’s supposedly on the shortlist should Dyche walk away from Turf Moor......way to many could, should and maybes  there for my liking.

I would love to see Dyche at AG tho. He has a very decent managerial CV - unlike our current manager.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’s supposedly on the shortlist should Dyche walk away from Turf Moor......way to many could, should and maybes  there for my liking.

I would love to see Dyche at AG tho. He has a very decent managerial CV - unlike our current manager.

Agree with you except about Dyche coming here. Given the past I doubt he would want to anyway.

• Hmmm 1
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

..... which is exactly why Burnley wouldn’t be daft enough to consider him, much as many of hope and pray they would

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

..... which is exactly why Burnley wouldn’t be daft enough to consider him, much as many of hope and pray they would

It’s just paper talk imo. There’s not much else to fill the sports columns with.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dyche would be a fine appointment...but the bolded bit feels key.

Seriously why would Dyche come here.....linked with Everton and Villa previously. Bizarre.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dyche would be a fine appointment...but the bolded bit feels key.

I wouldn't want to see him here with the bolded bit being the reason

Edited by BigTone
2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Agree with you except about Dyche coming here. Given the past I doubt he would want to anyway.

A pal of mine reckoned  that Dyche is on £75k a week that kinda of salary would be out of City's reach for sure even if he did fancy the City job.

6 hours ago, Natchfever said:

LJ's track record of being able to keep Bristol City just where we are  might make him a perfect fit for Burnley!  :)

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A pal of mine reckoned  that Dyche is on £75k a week that kinda of salary would be out of City's reach for sure even if he did fancy the City job.

He would have to moderate his expectation in any case, being an EFL boss . 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I hope so

• Like 2