IGNORED

Pereira out for 4 weeks

CyderInACan

Far from ideal. Hunty will do a job though. I wanted a back 5 Sunday anyway.

Maenpaa

Kalas            Williams              Baker

Hunt                     Smith                        HNM/Nagy                  JD

Pato

Wells                      Fam

27 minutes ago, The Bard said:

We did at QPR and won 1.0..

And we lost 1-0 to Shrewsbury.

In neither game was it good.

You think it's a strategy for success?

Anyone with any pace destroys Jack Hunt IMO so you have to have effective cover/get lucky for it to be suicessful.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

According to Gregor McG - ripped thigh muscle. 

He's probably played his last game for us then Reg.

I think with the way the market will he this summer. Unless his transfer fee comes down considerably; we will move on to cheaper targets.

4 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Maenpaa

Hunt                     Smith                        HNM/Nagy                  JD

Pato

Weimann is back after his positive test, so I'd say LJ would put him in ahead of Wells. I don't want that, mind.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just said on the other thread about early returning loan players now being allowed to play, Taylor Moore comes into the picture surely?

Problem is, he is not match fit. Since they came back they haven’t been training. He would probably be OK in a week or two but not for Sunday’s game.

20 hours ago, Prinny said:

Oof

Think that means a switch to 3 at the back.

Cannot have Eliasson in front of Hunt.

Good ?

20 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Maenpaa

Pato

Could see Benkovic come in for Baker to allow us to pass the ball out better.

I’m sure Pato will keep his place based on scoring rather than his contribution, but I’ll live with that.  I guess Weimann could come in?

Got to give Afobe a start in place of Fam.  No point holding him back.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Could see Benkovic come in for Baker to allow us to pass the ball out better.

I’m sure Pato will keep his place based on scoring rather than his contribution, but I’ll live with that.  I guess Weimann could come in?

Got to give Afobe a start in place of Fam.  No point holding him back.

I did consider Benkovic, and on paper he'd be great, 13-million rated ball playing centre half would be massive. Just didn't like what I saw pre-lockdown. Then again, can't judge a player that early. 

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I did consider Benkovic, and on paper he'd be great, 13-million rated ball playing centre half would be massive. Just didn't like what I saw pre-lockdown. Then again, can't judge a player that early. 

Do we set up in a way that would see him showcase his attributes though? Like with so many!

On 25/06/2020 at 14:36, BCFCGav said:

Maenpaa

Pato

I'd be looking to target him- especially if one of my strikers was pacy- on Sunday. Pace vs 35 year old legs can end badly for a defensive side.

Give Baker the ball, let him have it a bit more as the opposition, he won't do much with it.

We will be lining up vs a 3-5-2, matching up if their shape the same as last time. Didn't think it was one of Monk's favoured setups tbh.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Hasn’t he gone back to Leicester ?

Believe he was on the bench against Blackburn major. Don't believe he's left since but could be wrong!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do we set up in a way that would see him showcase his attributes though? Like with so many!

It was more individual defensive errors that were the issue rather than tactics iirc. Could be new team nerves tbf?  

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Believe he was on the bench against Blackburn major. Don't believe he's left since but could be wrong!

It was more individual defensive errors that were the issue rather than tactics iirc. Could be new team nerves tbf?  

Think the way tactics setup can impact on that, though of course can't legislate for individual errors. If e.g. he has one less option nearby or in front than perhaps he is used to due to tactics, that can increase the risk of error IMO.

Archived