IGNORED

Liam Walsh could play this season

The Journalist

Sorry if I've missed this, but an under-the-radar rule change from the EFL means players returning from loan earlier than originally planned - Liam Walsh from Coventry, for example - are now eligible to play for the rest of this campaign.

Birmingham City have flagged the rule change because they have three players available again - https://bcfc.com/news/articles/2020/Trio-now-available-to-Blues

4 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Sorry if I've missed this, but an under-the-radar rule change from the EFL means players returning from loan earlier than originally planned - Liam Walsh from Coventry, for example - are now eligible to play for the rest of this campaign.

Birmingham City have flagged the rule change because they have three players available again - https://bcfc.com/news/articles/2020/Trio-now-available-to-Blues

2 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

if true get him in. quality young player 

Same must be true for Morrell as came back before season officially ended ?

We really need extra help in centre mid, with Smith/Massengo/Nagy so up and down with both form and injuries. Walsh and Morrell being added to the squad would be a massive boost.

I don't think either of them have been in training for a long while mind, so they'd probably need 2-3 weeks to get up to speed. Rusty indeed!

Thought it was a bit odd they couldn't play, as it denied them the opportunity to develop as players. 

Not sure if the tombola is big enough, but hopefully Walsh and Morrell will get some chances with a nod towards next season if nothing else. 

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

We really need extra help in centre mid, with Smith/Massengo/Nagy so up and down with both form and injuries. Walsh and Morrell being added to the squad would be a massive boost.

I don't think either of them have been in training for a long while mind, so they'd probably need 2-3 weeks to get up to speed. Rusty indeed!

And in Liam`s case possibly still hungover!

The question would be when is the last time they did any significant form of training? Our squad had 3 weeks of training to get back to some level to be playing games again, likely to be near impossible for players to go from near nothing to match intensity. We've not seen any of them in training videos.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Get Walsh in and get Taylor Moore in too. Maybe Morrell too but not sure with Korey there.

Maybe even play Korey right back now Pereira is injured. I think he's better than Hunt even at right back.

Bring back Taylor Moore 100% because he is proven but the others were sent out on loan for a reason so why think they are going to change the world and pin all our hopes on them. It makes absolutely no sense.

Lot of excitement here but probably need to know when any of them last trained first.

If you think any of them could simply rock up on Sunday after a week when the temperature has reached 30 degrees & play, you’re mad.

Could be options for games later on though, especially if we have drifted out of contention.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Lot of excitement here but probably need to know when any of them last trained first.

If you think any of them could simply rock up on Sunday after a week when the temperature has reached 30 degrees & play, you’re mad.

Could be options for games later on though, especially if we have drifted out of contention.

The 1st team had weeks to prepare and it made no difference.

If this is true, Morrell, Walsh and Moore must all start for me. In Moore and Morrell’s cases, they were both ready to play at this level when they were loaned out. In Walsh’s case, the loan’s made him the best player in League One. 

My XI (3-4-1-2): Maenpaa; Kalas, Moore, Baker; Hunt, Morrell, Walsh, Dasilva; Palmer; Wells, Afobe. 

21 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Can't see him getting in. Got 4 weeks training to make up. And besides it takes a good 6 weeks to get up to speed with our patterns of play according to the gaffer. 

That’s interesting purely because we don’t have a pattern of play.

6 passes across the back followed by a 60 yard punt to Diedhiou is basically it.

35 minutes ago, hodge said:

The question would be when is the last time they did any significant form of training? 

Do you mean Walsh, Morrell and Moore or the players who played at Blackburn? :whistle:

Archived