IGNORED

Liam Walsh could play this season

The Journalist

12 minutes ago, tin said:

If this is true, Morrell, Walsh and Moore must all start for me.

Yeah don't see any starting, the best we could expect would be 30 mins probably and even then I wouldn't expect them to play this weekend or Tuesday to give them time to get even close to up to speed.

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

Right now Walsh and Morrell feels like a vast improvement on Smith Nagy Massengo 

Moore is a vast improvement on that rabble at the back from Saturday. This really could be a season changer if handled well. 

45 minutes ago, hodge said:

The question would be when is the last time they did any significant form of training? Our squad had 3 weeks of training to get back to some level to be playing games again, likely to be near impossible for players to go from near nothing to match intensity. We've not seen any of them in training videos.

No evidence of 3 weeks of training in the first game, except for the goalie who fluffed against Southampton doing it again! Is                “some people never learn” another Johnsonism?

Let’s all calm down a bit, we don’t even know if they’ve trained. We have players who have trained and still weren’t up to full fitness and even if Walsh etc have trained with the reserves or something (Are the reserves/youth even training? No idea) they won’t have any match experience. They’d be weeks, weeks, away from starting. 

40 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Can't see him getting in. Got 4 weeks training to make up. And besides it takes a good 6 weeks to get up to speed with our patterns of play according to the gaffer. 

I'll bite.

What speed?

42 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Because they might have improved a lot. I guess LJ will see in training.

We could already see how good Walsh could become. Just a matter of is he that good now he's had that loan? 

The point in your own words being "could become". Not a chance we need right now.

8 minutes ago, dave36 said:

No evidence of 3 weeks of training in the first game

Except the conditioning that the players would have been doing to ensure at least some of them could play 90 mins, we're not talking tactical training or integration etc this is pure physical training, if the players were fine to return to play straight away we wouldn't have had 3/4 weeks of prep before the first game.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I’m not so sure that after having won promotion and had all the due accolades at Coventry the lad could then get his head round starting his season off again in the City side . 

I would be wary .

Would be a great quiz question if we ended up winning the play offs 'which player played in 2 teams last game of the season and won promotion with each in the same season'

It’s probably been mentioned somewhere on he but I didn’t see it but he picked up three awards, I assume from their end of season awards at Coventry. He must be so confident and on cloud 9. So yes @Fordy62, you are probably right

21 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Let’s all calm down a bit, we don’t even know if they’ve trained. We have players who have trained and still weren’t up to full fitness and even if Walsh etc have trained with the reserves or something (Are the reserves/youth even training? No idea) they won’t have any match experience. They’d be weeks, weeks, away from starting. 

You’d have to wonder why, if these players are earmarked for first team positions next season, they wouldn’t already be training with the first team - what would they have to lose?

Just now, Notbarrymanc said:

You’d have to wonder why, if these players are earmarked for first team positions next season, they wouldn’t already be training with the first team - what would they have to lose?

Given everything with the virus, I'd imagine its a case of less people on site means less chance of catching/spreading, until now they couldn't play for us so there would be small gain and bigger risk by having them around.

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So they haven’t trained at all for months but you want to chuck them straight . ???

In fairness, realistically, what’s the worst that could happen. The midfield couldn’t get any worse than it was against Blackburn. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

In fairness, realistically, what’s the worst that could happen. The midfield couldn’t get any worse than it was against Blackburn. 

Long term injuries from being under prepared physically to restart?

On one hand, fitness permitting, I’d like a few of the lads that’s have been out on loan to get a chance in the team between now and the end of the season..

On the other hand the ‘Head Coach’ now has an utterly enormous squad to pick from and that is a recipe for disaster. 

Still at least he can go back to blaming Taylor Moore for every defeat.

Archived