IGNORED

Congrats to Liverpool FC

Wolf Island

53 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

My congratulations to all Liverpool supporters on a stunning season, by far the best side in the league and deserved champions.

I'm most certainly no Liverpool fan and actually have family on Merseyside who are all blue noses but I did have the pleasure of briefly meeting Mr Klopp during a ground tour at the WFS in Dortmund many years ago, an absolutely delightful man and I'm very pleased for him.

While there might be  few posters for whom Liverpool are a second team, as it were, I think many, like you and me, can admire the performances and achievements of Klopp and his team without being "plastic" fans of theirs.

25 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Yep, same here. I’ve got no animosity towards Liverpool and I enjoy watching the football they play.  It was Manchester Utd who I despised growing up as they won everything and the whole ‘Fergie time’, refereeing decisions going their way etc.

It’s definitely a generation thing.

I cant stand either of them

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Interesting trivia fact. In terms of games played, Liverpool are the earliest Champions, but in terms of calendar, they are the latest. 

Yup, someone on Sky Sports said this is probably the latest you'll see champions named in a year.... forgetting that the season will be rejigged for 2022 world cup and that could well be later.

31 minutes ago, hodge said:

Over the last 5 years they have spent ~£470m and raked in ~£385m, they have also spent less than Everton for context (~£520m spent) Van Dijk is really the only transfer they've paid a massive sum for compared to more normal league figures

Coutinho's sale contributed massively yo their net spend figure. 

I mentioned earlier in the thread that Klopp deserves especial praise for selling Coutniho ( who at the time was their most influential player - and then built an even better team, using the money to buy VVD, who has arguably gone on to become their most important player.

Who's to say that if he sells Mane for another mind boggling figure, as has been mooted,  he won't buy in players who further strengthen and improve their squad and team?

Just now, downendcity said:

Coutinho's sale contributed massively yo their net spend figure. 

I mentioned earlier in the thread that Klopp deserves especial praise for selling Coutniho ( who at the time was their most influential player - and then built an even better team, using the money to buy VVD, who has arguably gone on to become their most important player.

Who's to say that if he sells Mane for another mind boggling figure, as has been mooted,  he won't buy in players who further strengthen and improve their squad and team?

I actually think Salah may be the one to go, I think if you looked at shooting chances available compared to the number of shots attempted Salah has a ridiculously high level of attempts ie he'll usually look to shoot rather than pass to another team mate potentially in a better position. A comparison for me would be to Ronaldo but not quite as greedy. If they brought in a player who was a bit more team orientated they could easily score more imo, obviously would need to be a world class player still.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

I actually think Salah may be the one to go, I think if you looked at shooting chances available compared to the number of shots attempted Salah has a ridiculously high level of attempts ie he'll usually look to shoot rather than pass to another team mate potentially in a better position. A comparison for me would be to Ronaldo but not quite as greedy. If they brought in a player who was a bit more team orientated they could easily score more imo, obviously would need to be a world class player still.

Could Liverpool come in and swoop Sane if Salah goes?

I still think Klopp wants to bring Traore from Wolves to Liverpool. Defo his kind of winger. 

Just now, Redpool said:

Could Liverpool come in and swoop Sane if Salah goes?

I still think Klopp wants to bring Traore from Wolves to Liverpool. Defo his kind of winger. 

I think Sane is set on Bayern partly for returning to Germany

19 minutes ago, hodge said:

You could be right about Salah Hodge and if Salah's stats are as you suggest, you can imagine Klopp being ruthless in making a change if he thought would benefit the team..

I based my comments on a few things Ive read in the press recently suggesting that Real M want Mane and are prepared to pay £150m +.

If correct, then you can well imagine that any player would be tempted by Real and Liverpool would be tempted by the fee, especially seeing what Klopp did with a similarly big fee for Countinho.

4 hours ago, phantom said:

It's like having two spouses. it is just not possible

Yes it's impossible, as it would mean having 2 mothers - in - law! :shocking:

Don't care about the Premier League one way or the other, however, I have noticed something about Liverpool fans , especially today.

My Facebook feed has - like most people's I guess- been full of post from 'massive' Liverpool fans, some of whom I didn't even know liked football.

None of the Rovers or City fans I know describe themselves as 'massive' yet I have seen huge  (massive even) amounts of posts by 'massive' Liverpool fans, many of whom I suspect ever never set foot in Anfield (Except maybe for a stadium tour). I even saw one, again from someone I didn't even know liked football, who is apparently a Newcastle fan (he didn't mention being a massive Newcastle fan  though) , but used to be a 'massive' Liverpool fan in the 70s and 80s.

I think I have suddenly developed a dislike for Liverpool. Not a massive dislike, but given time....

9 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think I have suddenly developed a dislike for Liverpool. Not a massive dislike, but given time....

I feel exactly the same about Man Utd. It all started after they’d won the European Cup in 1968. The next day at school  pretty much every other schoolboy was Man Utd fan despite even not knowing where Manchester actually was.......My dislike for them stems back over 50 years................. :facepalm:

Really torn on Liverpool winning the league. Incredible team, incredible manager and richly deserved but it is still a bit depressing to see the most entitled fans in the country being given reason to feel even more entitled than they already do.

At the same time, you can't knock what Klopp has achieved and they are easily my favourite team to watch in the Premier League at the moment. 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Really torn on Liverpool winning the league. Incredible team, incredible manager and richly deserved but it is still a bit depressing to see the most entitled fans in the country being given reason to feel even more entitled than they already do.

At the same time, you can't knock what Klopp has achieved and they are easily my favourite team to watch in the Premier League at the moment. 

In a nutshell, I know a Liverpool fan who lives in the same town as me in Gloucestershire, he was born in London , and supports Liverpool, he mocks all local teams including BCFC as simply not worthy. We all know similar. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I feel exactly the same about Man Utd. It all started after they’d won the European Cup in 1968. The next day at school  pretty much every other schoolboy was Man Utd fan despite even not knowing where Manchester actually was.......My dislike for them stems back over 50 years................. :facepalm:

It's never really worried me one way or the other tbh. As a kid I liked Stoke, but that was more because I was a keeper and Gordon Banks was my hero,  At the start of the season, if I had to choose one of the big teams I'd have probably chosen Liverpool, just because they haven't won it in ages. it's just that I didn't realise so many of my friends liked them and claim to be 'massive' fans. I guess I just don't 'get' being an armchair fan, yet I imagine that is the big teams biggest market.

20 hours ago, phantom said:

IMG-20200626-WA0005.jpg

Complete diversion but I found out the other day the BBC initially banned the Who's My Generation because they were worried it might upset people who stutter. Nothing to do with this - I just found it interesting that "banning songs for sensitivity reasons" is by no means a new concept.

Archived