IGNORED

Congrats to Liverpool FC

Wolf Island

7 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Interesting Kenny Dalglish said regarding Liverpool winning the title that unless you have a unified squad and management team all pulling in one direction then you will never have success.

A far cry from a manager who hangs his players out to dry and questions his players integrity and trust.

Agree with your comments - Klopp plays ‘rock n roll’ football sticks to his principles and sets his teams up to win and attack. To an extent we did that when we had the cup run , a high press with a team full of energy - it’s disappeared from our game, coaching we haven’t brought players in to play this style.

Klopp talks about trust , but he talks about how much he trusts ‘his boys’ how much ‘he loves them’, ‘wants to give them a hug’. A players manager and his players deliver for him 

44 minutes ago, daored said:

Agree with your comments - Klopp plays ‘rock n roll’ football sticks to his principles and sets his teams up to win and attack. To an extent we did that when we had the cup run , a high press with a team full of energy - it’s disappeared from our game, coaching we haven’t brought players in to play this style.

Klopp talks about trust , but he talks about how much he trusts ‘his boys’ how much ‘he loves them’, ‘wants to give them a hug’. A players manager and his players deliver for him 

LJ also talks the talk , surely it’s only a matter of time before we lift the Prem crown ? 

When I saw us play Man City away a couple of years ago, one of the things that occurred to me was: however well we play against them, we'll never beat a club that can spend +600M on a squad. Also, Man C will dominate the prem for as long as Pep remains in charge. Liverpool have been fantastic not only by matching them but winning the prem in the Style that they have...

? 

32 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Wasn't it, specifically, heavy metal football? Which begs the question: which genre of music football does Lee play?          

Korean pop?

I like Klopp, very likeable guy, and his teams play nice football, Liverpool included. Can't stand Liverpool though.

A lot of Facebook at the moment is full of people celebrating how "they're" the champions.

Still didn't win the "Premier League Title" before Leicester though.

:laughcont:

49 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Wasn't it, specifically, heavy metal football? Which begs the question: which genre of music football does Lee play?          

Very soft rock.

May be a generational thing, for me I was born after Liverpool’s last title win, so for me I don’t have any sort of bad feeling towards the club and in fact it’s nice seeing another club win the ‘premier league’ ? (as opposed to top flight). Blackburn and Leicester achieved it in the time since they last won the title so allow them their celebrations, for a club their size it’s not dissimilar from us celebrating winning a first league title in so long in 14/15 given our relative club size, hopping between divisions we can’t have been expected to win a league so much.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Very soft rock.

Hank Marvin from The Shadows.  Just watch Hank move.  Forwards sideways back, forwards sideway back, never moving from the spot.

Its Bentley to Hunt to Kalas to Bentley, Bentley to Hunt to Kalas to Bentley, Bentley to Hunt to Kalas to Bentley.  Hoof to Cliff Richard, who was a good front man but not on his own!

???

• Admin
12 hours ago, Redpool said:

I’ve enjoyed tonight more than I have with City over the last two seasons. 

Who do you actually watch play?

How can you enjoy "tonight" more if you have no association with Liverpool @Redpool?

2 hours ago, super slick said:

Never trust somebody who ‘supports’ 2 teams. Odd

I'm with you on this one @super slick

It's like having two spouses. it is just not possible

To me you are a FAN if you watch a team on TV in a bar wearing their shirt

These people will tell you it's too expensive to get a ticket, or they simply can't get hold of one

Yet will spend a fortune on beer and food in that pub, and have never tried to buy a ticket in their life !!

A SUPPORTER is someone who actually goes to the game, be that a few times a season or every week

The FAN is what is wrong with modern football and has been made worse by Sky TV

I am amazed by the number of people on social media claiming to be Liverpool fans today - we will no doubt have the usual influx of people wearing the shirt around this summer

I actually have more respect for someone who watches Rovers compared to these people that blindly follow a club on TV 

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A great side to watch- Klopp a high calibre coach indeed too. 

Certainly not a Liverpool fan but 23 pts ahead of a team as good as Man City have been, one hell of an achievement- fully deserved title, needless to say.

I have no interest in the Premiershit, but when I have seen Klopp on TV he comes across as a decent and intelligent chap

Yes it is by no mean feat to be so far ahead and will probably end up winning the league by over 30 points

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Who do you actually watch play?

How can you enjoy "tonight" more if you have no association with Liverpool @Redpool?

I'm with you on this one @super slick

It's like having two spouses. it is just not possible

To me you are a FAN if you watch a team on TV in a bar wearing their shirt

These people will tell you it's too expensive to get a ticket, or they simply can't get hold of one

Yet will spend a fortune on beer and food in that pub, and have never tried to buy a ticket in their life !!

A SUPPORTER is someone who actually goes to the game, be that a few times a season or every week

The FAN is what is wrong with modern football and has been made worse by Sky TV

I am amazed by the number of people on social media claiming to be Liverpool fans today - we will no doubt have the usual influx of people wearing the shirt around this summer

I actually have more respect for someone who watches Rovers compared to these people that blindly follow a club on TV 

I have no interest in the Premiershit, but when I have seen Klopp on TV he comes across as a decent and intelligent chap

Yes it is by no mean feat to be so far ahead and will probably end up winning the league by over 30 points

No association at all. There is nothing wrong with admiring the way Liverpool have won the league and the work Klopp has done since coming in 4 and a half years ago. He's rebuilt that Liverpool team from a mediocre side to a world class team who may just be the best team in the world today. 

I enjoyed seeing the emotion and comments made by the likes of Klopp and Henderson. You can tell it's been a challenging four and a half years and last night was enjoyable to finally see Klopp and Liverpool get what they deserved after another very impressive campaign. 

I don't see anything wrong with me highlighting I enjoyed it. Again, I have no guilt saying I enjoyed last night than I have City over the last 2 seasons. Because, when was the last time we actually played extremely well and walked away feeling satisfied? Look at the difference between Klopp and Johnson. One embraces trusting his playing staff, and taking ownership when things have not always gone according to plan. The other shifts blame as soon he can, and never admits his own mistakes. 

26 minutes ago, Redpool said:

No association at all. There is nothing wrong with admiring the way Liverpool have won the league and the work Klopp has done since coming in 4 and a half years ago. He's rebuilt that Liverpool team from a mediocre side to a world class team who may just be the best team in the world today. 

I enjoyed seeing the emotion and comments made by the likes of Klopp and Henderson. You can tell it's been a challenging four and a half years and last night was enjoyable to finally see Klopp and Liverpool get what they deserved after another very impressive campaign. 

I don't see anything wrong with me highlighting I enjoyed it. Again, I have no guilt saying I enjoyed last night than I have City over the last 2 seasons. Because, when was the last time we actually played extremely well and walked away feeling satisfied? Look at the difference between Klopp and Johnson. One embraces trusting his playing staff, and taking ownership when things have not always gone according to plan. The other shifts blame as soon he can, and never admits his own mistakes. 

I agree with everything you have written.

Klopp is a genius who builds confidence in all of the squad and the supporters.

My congratulations to all Liverpool supporters on a stunning season, by far the best side in the league and deserved champions.

I'm most certainly no Liverpool fan and actually have family on Merseyside who are all blue noses but I did have the pleasure of briefly meeting Mr Klopp during a ground tour at the WFS in Dortmund many years ago, an absolutely delightful man and I'm very pleased for him.

Did anyone apart from wished they cocked up big time? The thought that the are League Champions this season is a big nause, they have spent £1.5 billion, had seven managers, and they finally get there, and imo opinion the best footballing team came second. Why with that amount of spend Bristol City would have been European, and domestic champions on numerous seasons, these last two seasons have disguised what a huge waste of money that was spent on average players, and of course why we will never see a Leicester again, and forget us getting promotion, not gonna happen I am afraid. 

5 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Did anyone apart from wished they cocked up big time? The thought that the are League Champions this season is a big nause, they have spent £1.5 billion, had seven managers, and they finally get there, and imo opinion the best footballing team came second. Why with that amount of spend Bristol City would have been European, and domestic champions on numerous seasons, these last two seasons have disguised what a huge waste of money that was spent on average players, and of course why we will never see a Leicester again, and forget us getting promotion, not gonna happen I am afraid. 

Over the last 5 years they have spent ~£470m and raked in ~£385m, they have also spent less than Everton for context (~£520m spent) Van Dijk is really the only transfer they've paid a massive sum for compared to more normal league figures

4 hours ago, hodge said:

May be a generational thing, for me I was born after Liverpool’s last title win, so for me I don’t have any sort of bad feeling towards the club and in fact it’s nice seeing another club win the ‘premier league’ ? (as opposed to top flight). Blackburn and Leicester achieved it in the time since they last won the title so allow them their celebrations, for a club their size it’s not dissimilar from us celebrating winning a first league title in so long in 14/15 given our relative club size, hopping between divisions we can’t have been expected to win a league so much.

Yep, same here. I’ve got no animosity towards Liverpool and I enjoy watching the football they play.  It was Manchester Utd who I despised growing up as they won everything and the whole ‘Fergie time’, refereeing decisions going their way etc.

It’s definitely a generation thing.

15 hours ago, hodge said:

Incredible achievement with 7 games left, previous record was with 5 games left, looks like they will also smash Man City's 100 point record. 

A lot of people seemingly doubted Klopp after a season or two but he shows just how good a manager he is

Interesting trivia fact. In terms of games played, Liverpool are the earliest Champions, but in terms of calendar, they are the latest. 

Archived