IGNORED

Bailey Wright.

Hampshire reds

Agree a rear player. He played for OZ in the World Cup. He also scored against Fleet wood town in a cup match in 2017 with City. He is a great asset to any club with the experience he has and i wish all the best to him

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bloody good player is Bailey. I guess it is for the best because of all the injuries he has suffered. Shame.

14 minutes ago, City oz said:

Agree a rear player. He played for OZ in the World Cup. He also scored against Fleet wood town in a cup match in 2017 with City. He is a great asset to any club with the experience he has and i wish all the best to him

A good lower league champ player but for our aims and ambitions right to move him on.

30 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bloody good player is Bailey. I guess it is for the best because of all the injuries he has suffered. Shame.

Lower Champ/Top of League one is his level though. We’ve moved on from that now, hopefully. 

Good honest pro though Bails. Wish him well!

It's funny how often you read comments on here about the gap between league 1 and the Championship; players such as Bailey Wright, Matty Taylor, being not quite good enough for us at the level we're now at, but a real asset to any league one team. And then you go to the next thread and read about the trick we've missed with players like Joe Morrell and Liam Walsh, and how their performances in league 1 mean they should have been playing for us this season and we wasted money signing the likes of HNM.

Not intended as a dig at any of the comments above - just an observation!

1 hour ago, B-Rizzle said:

Injured I believe whilst on loan at Sunderland. Club won’t announce retained/released list officially until season is over but 99% sure he’s going. Only got a couple of days left on his contract.

Ankle ligaments I think.  Had a good impact there.

I thought retained lists were submitted on 23rd June....probably just not communicated ours to the fans.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I saw some Sunderland fans saying he is a level above league one.

I thought he was usually a rock at the back for us. Limited on the ball. He was playing injured a lot of the time too apparently.

Steady Champ CB.  Cane in and did a job v Forest this season.

Definitely played through injury in 17/18 costing him his Oz World Cup place, and then booed by fans (☹️).  LJ too quick to loan out Vyner at the time to Plymouth meant rushed comeback for Pisano (who got injured again) and no rest for Bailey.  Screwed him big time.

Top pro.  If I was a mid-table and below Champ team, I’d be looking at him seriously.

Never played in his favoured right side CB either.

55 minutes ago, Lez said:

A good lower league champ player but for our aims and ambitions right to move him on.

Did brilliantly at right back during our good run with magnesson at left back. Might well have dispensed with the very strong defensive 4 too soon. 

Definitely time for Wright to move on but I'm a big fan of him and wish him well.

Incredibly dependable filling in at right back a couple of years ago and did exactly what was asked of him. I think he's been really unlucky here with the players ahead of him. I've been following City since 1990 and can't think of many seasons in that time where he wouldn't have been a first choice centre-back. It is just unfortunate that most of those seasons have come in the time that he was at the club.  

Would assume that the official announcement for those who haven’t extended their contract temporarily like Mäenpää & Williams have, will be made some time next week as contracts expire at the end of June.

Archived