IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

I’m neither Johnson in or out, but surely it’s an undeniable weakness of LJ that his team selection is constantly ******* bonkers. Imagine what a manager with a cool head could do with this group of players. I just wish LJ could become that sort of manager. 

Just now, mozo said:

Is Wells a wide forward or the poacher in a 2?

What the hell is the formation?!

I'm guessing 442 (Weimann wide) or 433 with O'Dowda in CM, could even be 433 in attack and 442 out of possession as Weimann is certainly fit enough to transition between the 2

Just now, hodge said:

Last week - heavy but fair criticism of how we played saying Johnson got it all wrong

This week - Johnson makes plenty of changes potentially going with a very different tactical approach (433/442 with attacking wingers) and Johnson gets criticised for not knowing his best team.... what's he supposed to do sticking with the XI from last week seemingly 'knowing' his best XI' and get criticised for not changing the team?

Dude can't win atm whatever he does team selection wise.

Well he can, he can have a stable side and system, the man has again just binned off players at random while leaving arguably bar Bentley the 2 worst players in in Massengo and COD in the side. 

It's an attacking line up, but then attacking and scoring is not our problem, we are on eof the top scoring sides in the division, yet we are one of the worst sides in the league at the back. 

Just now, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

If he picked the same side that played so poorly last week, people would moan. Makes changes, people moan. I think people just like moaning

Making 7 changes is pretty unheard of in football unless it's for the league cup!

I don't think we can criticise the keeper or frontline, but the team looks pretty unbalanced. 

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

If he picked the same side that played so poorly last week, people would moan. Makes changes, people moan. I think people just like moaning

Come on how can you leave an international midfielder on the bench and pick COD the 3 up front look strong but weak midfield again which is where we lose matches

9 minutes ago, Selred said:

7 changes shows LJ has no clue what his best line up is. To get this far into the season and not know that is criminal. 

It doesn't though does it.

Maenpaa for Bentley - Bentley had a very poor game

Hunt for Pedro - Pedro is injured.

Dasilva for Rowe - Rowe was opted for Blackburn to try and combat the height. Dasilva is the first choice left back and has been since he came back from injury.

Williams for Kalas - Same above. Kalas was very poor and has been for most of the season due to injuries. Williams & Baker have been good together.

Weimann, Wells & Afobe have all been injured/not 100% to start or last >60 minutes or unavailable so couldn't realistically start vs Blackburn.

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

7 changes shows LJ has no clue what his best line up is. To get this far into the season and not know that is criminal. 

Exactly. 24m in the bench someone said to boot

As Owers said. If we win we will all be jumping up and down but seven changes after a three month lay off, what have they been doing. 

still this is something like what I would have done last week. We have to go for it. 

Bentley has his head somewhere else and Kalas I think looked overweight and disinterested Last week. 

A midfield of Smith and Massengo looks weak but the way LJ plays invites pressure on our defence in the broadest sense. 

Just now, marcofisher said:

Anyone else thinking this could be 4312 with O’Dowda in midfield and Weimann behind Afobe and Wells? 

I'm hoping so. I dont want to see wells shoved out wide. I want a proper front two and let's see what they can do. Love Palmer in behind but heyho.

10 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

7 changes, unbelievable, he's had three months to work out his best team

I always think when any manager makes that many changes( cup games excluded) it smacks of unconfidence and desperation. But I do agree though that last week was unacceptable from too many players

12 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Smacks of desperation.

How many other managers would make 7 un-inforced changes at this point in season?? 

Perriera injured which explains the change for Hunt. Weimann arguably would have played last week had he been available.

Afobe and Wells both now fully fit so both in.

Bentley had a shocker last week so rightly dropped.

I'm no Johnson fan by the way, just saying that I can see the reasoning for 5 of the changes.

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

I'm hoping so. I dont want to see wells shoved out wide. I want a proper front two and let's see what they can do. Love Palmer in behind but heyho.

If he sticks Wells on the wing then he has lost it.

13 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Smacks of desperation.

How many other managers would make 7 un-inforced changes at this point in season?? 

Did you watch the game last week? Not sure any of those 7 can have any complaints.

6 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

I don't think it's about moaning its the consistent chopping and changing everyweek he should know his best 11.

That's why our performances have been awful no continuity.

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

I was more thinking wide of a front three, which I still think would be silly. Let's be honest, nothing would surprise us.

Yea I'd rather he played as a striker I mean is it too much to ask.

Archived