IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

It’s Bakers man, but Williams is nowhere near his. They both leave men unmarked in opposite directions, the block wasn’t even that special, he just shrugs baker off and leaves him - Williams should have been aware and picked up the run at least but if he’s been closer to his man in the pack they could potentially have blocked Wickhams run themselves 

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Williams even at his age is a far better defender than Baker.  I'd actually pick Moore though, the season's over and we might as well get him some time next to Kalas and see how he does.

I feel Kalas and Moore are the pair to persist with in the long run but, even accepting the balls-up for the goal, I still feel our best defensive performances this season have come with a Williams-Baker pairing. I think they're the two I'd go for at the moment with Moore and Kalas for next season. 

7 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

In fairness it’s not about poor marking it’s a very cleverly worked set price by Wednesday.

Does just feel like same old same old for us though. 

They would have also done their homework and seen we don’t defend the back post at corners!

We’re so poor. Change in personnel every week. Change of formation most weeks. Change in playing style constantly.

Very little grit / game management shrewdness. 

Almost zero intentional attacking threat. Leaky at the back.

We’d get smashed in the Prem, LJ can go to Burnley for all I care.

Also, today’s ref is a bell end.

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It’s Bakers man, but Williams is nowhere near his. They both leave men unmarked in opposite directions, the block wasn’t even that special, he just shrugs baker off and leaves him - Williams should have been aware and picked up the run at least but if he’s been closer to his man in the pack they could potentially have blocked Wickhams run themselves 

Williams is too old, not quick enough in general. Weak link for opposition to expose IMO.

Archived